• 59(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
I keep seeing this pop up in various logos suggestions, and I'm liking it more and more. Instead of using just the play symbol in the "O", or using Play in other parts of the logo, instead using the directional control pad with center select. Up, down, left, right, select. It can even have both directional pad and play symbol, or directional pad and "K" from Kodi.

For example, that latest submission from samfisher. I've also seen it in submissions from uNiversal, Zeros, and ximon's animated logo.

It allows us to put that little spin on the logo, but with something more unique than just the play symbol.

EDIT: it also makes it easy to make a smaller "icon" based off of the full logo.

for example:

(2014-08-03, 20:02)Tinwarble Wrote: Needs to be refined a little, but here's mine.

Pretty slick logo. Smile But it may not scale down too well for logo-size.

I'm liking this one very much too. Vibrant, playful, scalable, and with a far more functional 'play' button than others I've seen with a power button.
(2014-08-11, 19:21)samfisher Wrote: Just trying something a bit different. Big Grin

Beautiful. But maybe a bit too 'Hobbit' for my taste.

(2014-08-19, 03:02)samfisher Wrote: Image

Now, that looks wickedly professional! Smile
PLAY / PAUSE idea

is too static?

(2014-08-20, 15:32)samfisher Wrote: @blazer380: here it is Smile
@natethomas: It doesn't look good on a light background, that's why I made 2 versions.

I really like this one, but with one reservation, for me it looks as though the > that runs from the K should be a letter before the O, so just wondering if maybe doing some sort of blend from metallic grey K into coloured > would be possible? and if so how it would look.
That makes the O redundant, otherwise reads koodi
To me with the metallic grey > it's looking like it's spelling something like KDODi
Yes or that, too much going on in this concept used like this kdodi or koodi why I suggested the the logo be standalone and then the complete kodi word is next to it. personally though I still prefer sams other last previous entries.
(2014-08-21, 12:18)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 15:32)samfisher Wrote: @blazer380: here it is Smile
@natethomas: It doesn't look good on a light background, that's why I made 2 versions.

I really like this one, but with one reservation, for me it looks as though the > that runs from the K should be a letter before the O, so just wondering if maybe doing some sort of blend from metallic grey K into coloured > would be possible? and if so how it would look.

Hopefully am not treading on toes here by doing a little mod. But I think you mean something like this.

Plus it takes away the extra > what a few of the above posts mention?
All my images can be found here LINK And can be downloaded in full?
Yeah something like that but in a different colour, the > colour is too close to the up ^ colour in my view
(2014-08-21, 14:32)jjd-uk Wrote: Yeah something like that but in a different colour, that's too close to the up ^ colour in my view

Big Grin I just choose first colour I came across.
Its samfishers work I was around to give a little insight into what you asked. Am sure with his skills he can tweak it a lot better than me. Smile
But I like his idea, Works well.
I'm also wondering if as a subtle reference to the different platforms we run on if there's anyway to include the colour palettes of the different platform logos as at http://xbmc.org/download/ so samfishers is nearly there, so a colour palette of:

Windows logo blue Image

Linux penguin yellow Image

Android green Image

Raspberry Pi red (or whatever it is) Image

OS-X/iOS metallic grey Image

So maybe > could be Raspberry Pi red Smile
Thumbs Up 
Yer I like that idea, Should look good. And I think that could easily work on a black or white background.
Plus many more backgrounds with the likes of pictures or textures.
I do not like the cursor around K. "O" looks more like a button.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4