• 66(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
Thanks for all the comments! Smile
I've seen so many tech/media related ideas here, but inspiration is everywhere, so I tried something different:

A touch of nature.

Mono.

Yes, this is very different! Big Grin
(2014-08-26, 14:45)czarekk Wrote: matt version

knew there was something familiar...
A little something different. Smile Not perfected but its just an idea after all.

All my images can be found here LINK And can be downloaded in full?
(2014-08-24, 15:34)czarekk Wrote: Please, any comment. Should I develop this idea?

Full HD boot screen (download here)

I like this a lot. I'd vote for it.

Big Grin

SLICK!
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-08-26, 18:27)samfisher Wrote: Thanks for all the comments! Smile
I've seen so many tech/media related ideas here, but inspiration is everywhere, so I tried something different:

A touch of nature.

Mono.

Yes, this is very different! Big Grin

hahaha fantastic yet again, the blossom/flower of the media centers is indeed kodi. However original the emphasis of the K is somewhat lost on the mono version and also the mono version is missing a layer of petals, a daisy imo wouldnt be my very first choice due to the amount of petals alone in any version makes the logo far too busy and when you goto 16x16 favicon the detail well its totally lost.

how about you pluck the leaves and place them at the bottom in a pile and leave the center and the leaves that form the K attached?
One more...

(2014-08-27, 14:33)christara Wrote: A little something different. Smile Not perfected but its just an idea after all.

Very creative.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I like a simple 1 color design for the name and "ENTERTAINMENT CENTER" and then a colorful logo (which could also serve as the program icon. That's why I like czarekk's idea so much.

Czarekk, have you tried moving around colors at all? I love the blue for the play button. the green and especially the orange take some getting used to. Maybe a red glow for the TV and purple for the notes? Can you show it that way? Also, are you a fan of adding shadows at all? See attached VERY ROUGH idea. I don't want to take any credit so just kind of mashed up yours to get my idea across. Sorry it's so messy but I had a few good ideas I wanted to toss your way. Hope you don't mind.

How about this...
For me that would work really bad in monochrome, because this logo needs to be at least 2 color and preferably 4 before it looks OK.
The colors were randomly matched.
More logically would be:
Music - orange (like icon on the iPhone, or purple as itunes icon)
tv - reminds me of the blue, not know is it right?
Play looks good in blue, but while we is used, may the green color?

The problem with this is that the IMO logo looks best in monochrome. If we add colors logo is too showy (do not know how to say it). It seems to me that the color version should be stripped out of the shadows and made ​​of one material (it is now metal and plastic).

If you want to play in changing the colors, i'll put psd layered - link.

And then I prepare a version entirely of metal (steel), with colored buttons (brushed aluminum) can be?

(2014-08-28, 00:52)patseguin Wrote: I like a simple 1 color design for the name and "ENTERTAINMENT CENTER" and then a colorful logo (which could also serve as the program icon. That's why I like czarekk's idea so much.

Czarekk, have you tried moving around colors at all? I love the blue for the play button. the green and especially the orange take some getting used to. Maybe a red glow for the TV and purple for the notes? Can you show it that way? Also, are you a fan of adding shadows at all? See attached VERY ROUGH idea. I don't want to take any credit so just kind of mashed up yours to get my idea across. Sorry it's so messy but I had a few good ideas I wanted to toss your way. Hope you don't mind.

It certainly looks good as 1 color. I like the colored version for maybe a splash screen logo. I'd live to play with the psd file if you're willing to send it to pseguin219 at gmail dot com. Anything I do, I would give 100% credit to you.
(2014-08-03, 20:46)basco Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 11:42)uNiversal Wrote: This is something along the lines I saw on another thread, maybe it will help ppl get the general idea.

(2014-08-02, 00:40)NitrousXBMC Wrote: The FAQ says the KODI name came from the ability to spell the name out with media buttons, maybe something like this:

but ultimately they decided to move away from that visual concept. I think that this would be a great opportunity for the community to come up with a logo, much like the mascot development a while back. The announcement logo looks extremely generic, like letters spelled out with some liquid... there is no identity connection with the name, no real connection with the logo.

(2014-08-02, 19:56)jjd-uk Wrote: We were basically stuck for brainstorming for 9 months, there were loads of good suggestions that had support however on closer look there were trademark or domain name problems, and the suggestions that didn't have trademark or domain name problems struggled to get more than 10 people who liked them out of a Team of 70. So this has been far from a easy process for the Team, and if we could have opened it up to the community we more than likely would have, however doing that could have caused so many complications in finding free domain names as anything that might look like becoming popular could be registered by those out to make a quick buck.

The one idea that seemed to gain some traction actually came from me working back from how the name could be visualised, I was playing with using remote buttons to spell out words, I was also trying to keep a link to what the project was, so my thought process went something like CODE -> KODE -> KODA

KODA

ImageImageImageImage

However again I missed a trademark registration that could give us problems, so then suggestion was made by another for

KODI

and based on what I had done someone suggested a logo of

However the logo no longer seemed to fit as well as before, plus by this time a number of people weren't so keen on the idea of using remote buttons in the logo or at least using them in a more subtle way.

So it evolved that kodi would just be a name with no meaning and was the runaway winner in our internal vote.

I think the kodi remote button logo is awsome!
Let the graphic artists add some metallic or something and i think we gave a great logo.
Please skip all the mascot scrap, it is ugly.
And no silly looking borders... Like the last xbmc logo.

I thought that I had this brilliant idea - but see I am not the only one.
Had a similar direction:
(2014-08-28, 00:21)patseguin Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 14:33)christara Wrote: A little something different. Smile Not perfected but its just an idea after all.

Very creative.

Thank you Smile
All my images can be found here LINK And can be downloaded in full?
here are links to the files psd:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26171054/kodi.psd
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2617...s-kodi.psd

of course open sourceWink

(2014-08-28, 14:19)patseguin Wrote: It certainly looks good as 1 color. I like the colored version for maybe a splash screen logo. I'd live to play with the psd file if you're willing to send it to pseguin219 at gmail dot com. Anything I do, I would give 100% credit to you.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4