• 67(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
KODI RING
larger size

icon:
@uNiversal: Yeah I know, I tried different flowers, but the less petals, the less the K is readable. You mean only the K petals like the icon in the top right corner? Yeah but that looks like a dead flower lol, I don't want that. Also do we really want a flower as a logo? Tongue

@czarekk: nice job! Smile

We have a lot of proposals here now, so I was wondering, it would be cool to know what kind of logo people (and developers) prefer, as we have like 3 different options:
1: the word Kodi is the wholo logo.
2: the logo is separated from the Kodi text.
3: the logo is also a letter of the Kodi word (usually K or O).

I think option 2 & 3 are more modern and usually more readable, but it's just my opinion.
I think we can use two versions:
- A large version of the logo (for example boot screen) KODI word is in the Ring
- A small version (icon or page header) only the letter K in the the Ring, the ring frame is then proportionally thicker ..

Both logos are recognizable enoughSmile

(2014-08-28, 22:10)samfisher Wrote: @uNiversal: Yeah I know, I tried different flowers, but the less petals, the less the K is readable. You mean only the K petals like the icon in the top right corner? Yeah but that looks like a dead flower lol, I don't want that. Also do we really want a flower as a logo? Tongue

@czarekk: nice job! Smile

We have a lot of proposals here now, so I was wondering, it would be cool to know what kind of logo people (and developers) prefer, as we have like 3 different options:

I think option 2 & 3 are more modern and usually more readable, but it's just my opinion.
There are SO many gifted artists contributing to this thread. Its a joy to see such sharing of your gifts. Love it.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just a couple quick ideas based on czarekk. These are in no way my work. Just added some effects and changed some colors.

Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

my consept idea
Font: Calibri Bold

Colors:
Dark: C:50 M:50 Y:60 K:25 (#716558)
Light: C:25 M:25 Y:40 K:0 (#C2B49A)
(2014-08-28, 22:10)samfisher Wrote: We have a lot of proposals here now, so I was wondering, it would be cool to know what kind of logo people (and developers) prefer, as we have like 3 different options:

I think the advantages of 2. are:
- Clear separation of logo and Kodi text so the Kodi text can be easily used everywhere
- No need to incorporate the Kodi text in the logo so the logo can be made extra recognizable; more design freedom
- You can keep de Kodi text readable; for example just by using a special font and nothing more

I know the image below is crap but just for illustration:
- Logo and text are separated
- Logo has a special meaning. The X referring to the old XBMC, tilted for a new direction, and the X plus the dot refering to people, the community. Raising the arms for "happiness", satisfaction.
- Text is nothing special but still clearly recognizable by the font/color that is used.

I think it is also important to keep the logo simple. Simple logo's are often the best. Easily drawn, recognizable and easy to scale, no issues with resolution and/or color/grayscale.

(2014-08-28, 22:10)samfisher Wrote: We have a lot of proposals here now, so I was wondering, it would be cool to know what kind of logo people (and developers) prefer, as we have like 3 different options:

Speaking personally, I'm not keen on 3. Particularly as many folks seem to be focusing on turning the K and the O into the 'logo' element, and I think that that's a big challenge typographically. I'd vote for 2 - it's more flexible and generally more likely to be balanced.
bit rough around the edges ...

Here's my suggestion Wink Hope you guys like it Big Grin

The icon:

Booting up the machine Blush

HTPC: AMD A6 5400K | 4GB DDR3 | Digital Devices Cine C2/T2 (V7)
Slick
Something a little different again from my last offering. Smile Just another idea. Big Grin

All my images can be found here LINK And can be downloaded in full?
I've tried a few of logos and if I can be selfish, this was the one that has adapted better to the remote app
(2014-08-29, 16:12)christara Wrote: Something a little different again from my last offering. Smile Just another idea. Big Grin

Not sure if serious?
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4