• 71(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
Gets my vote
(2014-09-02, 16:56)farshadkabiri Wrote: Image

Great first post Smile

Nice font and kerning - I am impressed how much you did with lettering alone.
(2014-09-02, 12:52)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 11:19)Smobbo Wrote: How long is this thread gonna run?
I have the feeling that there are allready quite a lot of good options available Wink !

I have the feeling the quality and designs are only getting better and better the longer the thread exists Wink

I do also have the idea that the designs are still getting better the last days.
I think it's too soon to close this thread.
In my opinion all designs from samfisher are only getting better.

Edit:
I think it's strange that there is no like button on this forum, I am sure that samfisher would have recieved a lot of likes if that was possible.
I did add his reputation, users who do also like his designs should also do that.
I think samfisher is the person who should design the final kodi logo. I don't think we should select a logo, we should chose a designer.

I am familiar with the architectural world, I would select an architect or designer to make a final logo, and not just select the final logo.
I think we xbmc users should vote for a designer of the kodi logo.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

^ The logo, white background.

^Impression of random splash-screens.

Indeed very nice logo, but I miss the integration of a remote button. Then again XBMC doesn't have that either.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-09-03, 00:26)Kib Wrote:

Great first post Smile

Nice font and kerning - I am impressed how much you did with lettering alone.

Thank you! Unfortunately I didn't use open-source font. I will post a new version.

New version, I used an open-source font this time.

A little case study.

Regular version:

Dark bg:

Kodi colors defined:

Kodi with art:

Kodi in circle:

Kodi icons:
I should have taken a look at the thread before starting on a design instead of waiting 'till the end...
turns out my idea isn't all that original Smile

Well here it is anyways:

Just a bunch of ideas I had but didn't developed yet, as I feel like the last logo is way better than any of this. But maybe this will be of inspiration to somebody else. Also I'm showing a few font variants that could be used.

Just for inspiration! Big Grin
WOW! I very much like the top right one. That is so simple!
Really creative on the tetris one, too.. You're a genious. Big Grin
I like the premise of samfisher's logo with the reel--bottom left. I can see a reel representing "movies" and an "i" for Internet. The "d" could be changed to a musical note to represent music. Just don't know what to do with the "K". Thinking of the interface, there's weather, pictures, videos, movies, music and programs. That leaves weather, pictures, videos and programs to somehow be represented by the "K". Any ideas?

K=?
o=movie reel
d=musical note
i=Internet

WordTickler
All the good logos so far as of 5th September

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p25dg7...P-2014.zip
I'm really not a supporter of the logo being too tied to what we think Kodi does. The 'play' button is about as far as I'd go, but even that's pushing it. The logo should stand alone: what does the Coke logo say about brown, sugary, fizzy drinks? What does Nestle's logo say about chocolate - or coffee - or water - or catfood - or, or, or? Or even something as abstract as Apple?

The best logo IMHO would capture the essence of what Kodi sets out to be (brand values), but could then be stylised in some way to represent specific uses - either by changing a graphic element (so introduce a note or a film reel as required) or augmenting it (Tesco Express). If you tie the Kodi logo to, say, a showreel then it has little relevance to gaming, let alone what might be coming up in the next couple of years. What if the Foundation starts their own video streaming service ("Kodi Play", "Kodi Everywhere", "Kodi Max", whatever) or white-labels Steam? How could a strong Kodi graphic identity fit into that?

Or is it even KODI when in the logo (e.g. it's always AT&T in written text, but it's lower-case in the logo - similarly Walmart vs WAL*MART)?

I remain, though, a mere observer of the designer's craft...

PS those were made up examples of Kodi's future, created on the spot. Please don't start rumours... Smile
Tongue 
(2014-09-05, 10:11)Prof Yaffle Wrote: PS those were made up examples of Kodi's future, created on the spot. Please don't start rumours... Smile

LOL. Too funny Wink
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4