• 72(current)
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
I agree to some very limited extent that logo doesnt have to be product related, but even at&t and walmart and many other business brands have logos + plain text

When you require a logo to fulfil some brand recognition at 16x16 favicons/program icons albeit at larger sizes for some of them, you cant have too much nonsense in there. if it turns out this is at all important.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Mettbrot: Thanks!

@Prof Yaffle: I understand what you want. A symbol, something that captures the soul/spirit of Kodi, not just what it does, but also how it does, and tells something about the people behind it. Yeah... that's awesome, but Xbmc never had anything unique like that (like the Ferrari's Horse, or the Apple's... Apple!), that's why they choose to use the media buttons symbols and that's why we are focusing so much on them.

BUT. I elaborated something in my mind, this is a symbol of passion, freedom of spirit, hope, energy, new ideas, efficiency, creativity, attraction, inspiration and so much more. And it looks like a K!!! Big Grin

A firefly.
Note: this is just a draft.

Edit: What! I just found out fireflies communicate using light pulses, like a remote! So cool! Big Grin

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Slightly different version. Smoother font.

Can you do one where the I is uppercase in that font?
@ned Scott: sure, here it is! Big Grin

(2014-09-06, 09:03)Tinwarble Wrote: Image

I like the steampunk look, specially the first two Smile
So many amazing ideas.Samfishers especially for me. It would be great if the devs picked their top ten then open it up to the community for a final vote !!
@mrhyde1969: thanks Smile I don't know if we are there yet, but we sure have a lot of options now. It would be nice to know people and devs preferences, at least about what kind of logo we want, so we can develop in that direction, if needed.

Another slightly different font. Even more smoother so the K fits better inside the O. Just for choices!

(2014-09-07, 09:39)wsnipex Wrote: I like the steampunk look, specially the first two Smile

Thanks. I was going for a mechanical interpretation of what is Kodi. Just as it takes a lot of different and precise parts to make a machine run, it takes a lot of precise code to make the Kodi "machine" work.

Anyway, here's a different version, with a gear change.

(2014-09-07, 09:09)samfisher Wrote: @ned Scott: sure, here it is! :D

If the top of the "I" was turned around so it was like a mirror to the long side of the K, then this might just be my favorite samfisher logo :)
Something a little different

That's the scariest looking butterfly I've ever seen.
(2014-09-08, 00:24)Ned Scott Wrote: That's the scariest looking butterfly I've ever seen.

Guess you don't have these where you live. Wink
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas4