Messed up my GBOX MX2 ver. 1.2 firmware
Hello Everyone,

Well until last night my Gbox was working really well. Then I foolishly tried to upgrade the firmware to 1.2 and hat's where things went horribly wrong. First I tried using the updater to no avail so I did the toothpick recovery after loading the zip file and recovery file to the SD card. Well I had a bit of a hard time getting it to load because the menu choices in recovery mode all had the first 4 or five characters cut off on the left side. But in the end I got the file to load. And as I'd wiped the data clean I also reloaded Gotham.

So here's the weird thing and for the life of me I have no idea how to fix it. The 3D launcher is no longer an option. The thing starts up in more of a standard android home screen and the OTA and XBMC setting icons are gone. I can run XBMC though but it's even running a bit strangely. So does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong? I did click on the firmware zip file and it loaded but I couldn't see anywhere to click on the other recovery file mentioned in the instructions. I'd sure appreciate any suggeststions the from the forum on this. As I spent a couple of hours trying everything I could think of and got nowhere.

I'm sure the new firmware is nice but I feel like an idiot because everything was working really well and I screwed it up unnecessarily.

Thanks
Firmware problems are not XBMC problems.

You should ask here: http://matricom.net/forums/
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay.. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Smile
1.2 seems its an epic failure, get your self a real box with true development.
working fine here on 1.2
doesn't matter what box you have they all can have problems updating sometimes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Messed up my GBOX MX2 ver. 1.2 firmware0