Linux ERROR: ActiveAE::InitSink - failed to init
Been having issues with sound after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04.1 and Gotham

The debug log is having issues with the Active Audio Engine full debug log below

xbmc.log

I've been through it but can't see whats going wrong, it appears after awhile to just fail to initialize.

any ideas would be appreciated.
which ubuntu version did you run before the upgrade?

dpkg -l | grep mesa | pastebinit
Disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" as a first workaround. Your hdmi driver goes nuts when the refreshrate is changed. Make sure to update to 13.2 prior to further testing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-07, 07:11)wsnipex Wrote: which ubuntu version did you run before the upgrade?

dpkg -l | grep mesa | pastebinit

Should i install
libgl1-mesa-dri-lts-trusty
to replace the precise one?

mesa

have since got home and checked the audio settings and pass through device was not enabled. i have now enabled this and will see if the issue returns.

Looks like the settings didnt quite carry over from XBMC 12.3
our Gotham FAQ tells users to redo their audio settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hello everybody:

I have a line with exactly the same error in my kodi.log repeated a lot of times:
ERROR: ActiveAE::InitSink - failed to init

No other line with other related error. So, has anyone any idea of what is causing this error and how can it be solved?. As far as I see in other forum pastebins ther is a lot of people having it.

Thanks in advance
No Debug Log no issue
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: ActiveAE::InitSink - failed to init0