• 4(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
allright, thanks anyway !

symantec detection is caused by missing upx compilation in the current build.
i fixxed it and included the latest texturepacker.

there is still one detection dunno why.
check the latest build here:
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/94361...426236804/

anyway its open source so feel free to check for yourself.
i will update today evening cause i got no github here right now.
Yea I figured it was a false positive but usually you can fix those code side or use other exe compressing tools.

I use the batch file to compile my themes, and I also provide non compressed textures with my releases.

Would be nice feature if you had some sort of preset input directories and output directories in this tool so you can just load it and press click and all is done with optional to enter custom input/output.
Another feature would be to have custom preset for output xbt filenames (if like me your packing multiple skin themes with different sources and diffrent output names.)

Without those features its easier for me to use a batch file or a bash script hence why I dont have much interest in this tool as is.
I'm still getting the "Won't work with spaces in directory" type of error, I Don't know what I'm doing wrong :-(
@ FLMS1 the error in itself is explanatory enough.

show a screenshot of your directory structure all that means is you cant have folder like "This Name" but should be "This-Name" or "This_Name" same goes for files names.
Hi.

I decompiled perfectly one texture.xbt from my skin, changed 2 little things (covers) and tried to compiled again. But, after a looong long time compiling (15 minutes), it finish and the result is a 0 kbs file. What is wrong? :/
(2015-07-01, 22:04)serpao Wrote: Hi.

I decompiled perfectly one texture.xbt from my skin, changed 2 little things (covers) and tried to compiled again. But, after a looong long time compiling (15 minutes), it finish and the result is a 0 kbs file. What is wrong? :/

For me the same.... is this tool still supported?
The program is letting me compile but not decompile for some reason. When I select the folder I want to extract to and hit start it just opens the folder saying its empty and the program says we're done.
(2015-08-14, 00:10)Mcgarryc Wrote: The program is letting me compile but not decompile for some reason. When I select the folder I want to extract to and hit start it just opens the folder saying its empty and the program says we're done.

Check your folder permissions, probably the folder or parent folder you're trying to extract to doesn't have the right permissions.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-08-14, 09:09)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 00:10)Mcgarryc Wrote: The program is letting me compile but not decompile for some reason. When I select the folder I want to extract to and hit start it just opens the folder saying its empty and the program says we're done.

Check your folder permissions, probably the folder or parent folder you're trying to extract to doesn't have the right permissions.

All permissions are checked for allow so I am not sure that permissions are causing the problem I occasionally get this error though which may have something to do with the problem.

Aside from the bad grammar on that program message, its fairly clear you cannot name a directory like "this name" it must be "this_name" or better with no spaces in the directory names.
(2015-08-14, 19:11)uNiversal Wrote: Aside from the bad grammar on that program message, its fairly clear you cannot name a directory like "this name" it must be "this_name" or better with no spaces in the directory names.

Tried your theory set the input folder to the Textures.xbt file from the media folder within skin.aeon.nox.silvo. I set the output folder to a folder on the desktop named New_Folder. This prevented the previous error however after I hit start it then came up saying it was done despite the New_Folder remaining empty.

Any other suggestions to what may be causing me difficulty?

Thanks
Use the proper texturepacker.exe with a batch file.
(2015-08-14, 19:37)uNiversal Wrote: Use the proper texturepacker.exe with a batch file.

Was trying to avoid that but thanks nonetheless
(2015-08-14, 19:34)Mcgarryc Wrote: Tried your theory set the input folder to the Textures.xbt file from the media folder within skin.aeon.nox.silvo. I set the output folder to a folder on the desktop named New_Folder. This prevented the previous error however after I hit start it then came up saying it was done despite the New_Folder remaining empty.

Thanks

You do not need to extract the Textures.xbt file just download the source from GitHub.
(2015-08-14, 22:45)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 19:34)Mcgarryc Wrote: Tried your theory set the input folder to the Textures.xbt file from the media folder within skin.aeon.nox.silvo. I set the output folder to a folder on the desktop named New_Folder. This prevented the previous error however after I hit start it then came up saying it was done despite the New_Folder remaining empty.

Thanks

You do not need to extract the Textures.xbt file just download the source from GitHub.

Fair enough actually good idea
The wild shall inherit the earth.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2