• 6(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
Hi,

I have managed to extract my textures.xbt file no problem, edited some images, added some new ones & compiled OK. The issue I am getting is that when I replace the texture.xbt file in my skin with the new one & restarted Kodi all of the images are a different size & or positioned incorrectly.
Have tried this on my 32bit system at home - all images look normal when viewed in explorer but are different to originals when compiled back into textures.xbt as mentioned above.
Have tried this on my 64bit system at work - images are extracted from .xbt file OK but just by looking at the thumbnails I can see the images (about 50%) are all broken up into sections or just very blocky.
Any idea what's causing this?

Cheers.
(2015-11-16, 08:11)MANswers Wrote: just keeps going in loops forever, keeps decompiling, but nothing comes up. is this working?

very good decompressing in to folder. but i have same problems when start to rearm, this finish file, weight 9 bytes.
(2015-12-02, 19:01)jonathancr Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 08:11)MANswers Wrote: just keeps going in loops forever, keeps decompiling, but nothing comes up. is this working?

very good decompressing in to folder. but i have same problems when start to rearm, this finish file, weight 9 bytes.

This is because you have a space or some special characters in your folder name, i thought this has been fixxed, but it seems that texturepacker is not supporting any quotation marks for full directory name.
anyway, try to set an input and output directory without spaces.
e0xify,

Any idea why my extracted images are getting corrupted?
nah not yet, will update to texturepacker v.1.0.4 tomorrow and include some more features.
maybe i will find a solution of that as well (never heard of that yet :/ )
(2015-12-01, 02:17)taurus35 Wrote: Hi,

I have managed to extract my textures.xbt file no problem, edited some images, added some new ones & compiled OK. The issue I am getting is that when I replace the texture.xbt file in my skin with the new one & restarted Kodi all of the images are a different size & or positioned incorrectly.
Have tried this on my 32bit system at home - all images look normal when viewed in explorer but are different to originals when compiled back into textures.xbt as mentioned above.
Have tried this on my 64bit system at work - images are extracted from .xbt file OK but just by looking at the thumbnails I can see the images (about 50%) are all broken up into sections or just very blocky.

Cheers.

strange...i dont get those issues in any way, did you have tried from another pc or sth`?
i will check again those days, as soon as i get more time ...

(2014-08-12, 08:55)Martijn Wrote: you know that nearly every single skin out there can be found unpacked? Smile
except some commercial ones i guess but we don't host/provide those.

still nice to see a tool out there just in case

is there a way to get a blog entry for that tool? Angel would be a honor

(2015-09-09, 01:28)un1versal Wrote: More bug fixes texturepacker 1.0.4 up http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps//win32...4-win32.7z

This will be my last version update notice here, only wanted to nudge the developer of new fixes as I think its helpful tool for for those who need it.
I think though due to issues reported by users here that the developer could compile debug builds of the tool to help him get to bottom of issues.

I will start supplying my own compiled versions for release and debug builds at https://github.com/uNiversaI/revamped.th...ure_packer

For future updates check TexturePacker (wiki) or https://github.com/uNiversaI/revamped.th...ure_packer

Big thanks to you mate, you keep me updated with texturepacker bugfixes and new releases although you dont have to.
so here we go:

Update v2.5.1

added default selection directory to C:\ because XP users cant redirect to other directorys when starting at desktop dir

Update v2.5

- added check for TexturePacker with directory Spaces again (still not supported by texturepacker // so no empty Textures.xbt files will be generated)
- updated TexturePacker to v. 1.0.4.0
- changed some strings
- added get me a beer Tongue

If the Tool is complaining about spaces in directory be sure that you are not using ones.
Example in XP: C:\Document and Settings\yourname\Desktop\yourfolder.

"Document and Settings" does contain spaces.
so you should use something like "C:\temp\".

In Win 7,8, 10 it should be C:\Users\yourname\Desktop,

so its fine.
(2015-12-11, 11:16)e0xify Wrote:

Cheers.

strange...i dont get those issues in any way, did you have tried from another pc or sth`?
i will check again those days, as soon as i get more time ...

Hi e0xify,

Have tried this on two different PC's. With one PC's the extracted images look OK but when put back into skin without compiling the images have altered & the skin looks a mess. With the second PC, I can see that the images are already corrupt & don't look right in windows explorer...the images are all broken up & blocky.

Have tried your latest update & I am still getting the same issue.

Cheers.
I was able to decompile but the tool runs for ever and ever: "please wait until it is done"

Running on windows 7 64 bits
When I ran this I got a virus error, so then I put in an exception but it doesn't actually extract anything?
(2014-08-12, 08:55)Martijn Wrote: you know that nearly every single skin out there can be found unpacked? Smile
except some commercial ones i guess but we don't host/provide those.

still nice to see a tool out there just in case

Hi Martijn,

Can you tell me where I can find the unpacked ones for a particular skin's theme? As far as I know only the default theme for a skin is unpacked. Btw, thanks for your skin showcase videos on your Youtube channel, very thorough and helpful when wanting to browse through skins before installing them.

Thanks
(2015-12-27, 07:15)NewYears1978 Wrote: When I ran this I got a virus error, so then I put in an exception but it doesn't actually extract anything?

I don't get any virus errors, but when I extract the file, it doesn't seem to have extracted anything at all - the output folder is completely empty :/ There's no spaces in the input or output folder (the Desktop folder). If anyone has their tool working, would anyone be able to extract the .xbt file for me if I send it to them? It's only 4mb and I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Great tool! Works fine for me! Many Thanks!

So i was able to create my own textures.xbt file with gloss and glass cases for Isengard MQ6... :-)
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Haven't tried to create a texture package ye but extracted one I wanted to expand just fine....thanks for this Smile

Cheers.

I am having the same Issue .... My skin is using the poster tiles on the homescreen, If I unpack the textures file do no changes and repack my poster tiles drop to 50% and the menus are broken. Im going to test this on an older windows machine see if that helps any , but has anyone found a fix for this yet ?
Strange, seems to be an issue with the latest texturepacker. I will Check later These days.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2