• 18(current)
Release [Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)
(2019-02-13, 18:42)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 18:12)supp Wrote: Which textures.xbt from which skin did you try it with?

I dare to say that is the biggest textures.xbt available, the skin is very puffy and graphic-loving.
Aeon MQ7 Leia Mod by @latts9923 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2710715
Direct Download link to skin to get the textures.xbt: https://holybid.com/kodi/downloads/skin.....0.1.4.zip
Currently about 170000kb big and every update getting huger.

I have found out with the file size since I also often sometimes manipulate textures.xbt of the addon resource.images.mediaicons.coloured to keep missing movie studio icons up to date.
This file has about 98000kb (also very big) but i have less problems to compile it again.    
Aeon MQ7 Mod Textures.xbt is 160mb big.
which takes about 20 seconds to decompile.

i first thought i found the 0 kb bug while compiling, but the truth is, its working...
TextureTool_Log.txt (which is created with every start of texturetool) shows Texturepacker.exe running for 4 Minutes until the whole folder is compiled back to .xbt file again.
Quote:18:23:05: Running command:TexturePacker -input C:\Users\Rene2.DESKTOP-TN3IKD1.000\Desktop\sdfdsfsdf -output C:\Users\Rene2.DESKTOP-TN3IKD1.000\Desktop\2.xbt
18:23:05: TexturePacker.exe running.
18:27:16: TexturePacker.exe closed.
during this 4 minutes (while progressbar is running) the file is 0kb, but as soon as its finished, the file gets 161 MB in my case.

@"chrissix"
@supp 

That even if one does not change a textures.xbt, simply decompile it and then compile  again and then has different file size, I noticed also already. Very strange but have not noticed any negative effects so far.
The really weird thing is that on your side everything working fine, but on our side we almost all have the 0kb bug. strange.
(2019-02-13, 19:41)chrissix Wrote: @supp 

That even if one does not change a textures.xbt, simply decompile it and then compile  again and then has different file size, I noticed also already. Very strange but have not noticed any negative effects so far.
The really weird thing is that on your side everything working fine, but on our side we almost all have the 0kb bug. strange.
 yes, i noticed that aswell, but i cant tell you whats the difference. anyway no one ever said its not working or things changed, so this should be fine.
in your case, when you get the 0 kb bug? can you check ur logfile and tell me if texturepacker.exe is still running?
(2019-02-13, 19:45)supp Wrote:

That even if one does not change a textures.xbt, simply decompile it and then compile  again and then has different file size, I noticed also already.
 yes, i noticed that aswell, but i cant tell you whats the difference. anyway no one ever said its not working or things changed, so this should be fine.
 it's recommended to use dupecheck when running TexturePacker. it might save a few kb.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-02-13, 19:49)ronie Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 19:45)supp Wrote:

That even if one does not change a textures.xbt, simply decompile it and then compile  again and then has different file size, I noticed also already.
 it's recommended to use dupecheck when running TexturePacker. it might save a few kb.    
 @ronie @"chrissix" 

found it, http://mirrors.kodi.tv/build-deps/win32/

texturepacker 1.1.1-v2 which is used since version 2.7.x (i guess) is crashing, and gets a 0kb file.
i tried this version and compiled the textures.xbt a few minutes ago.

with 1.9.0 - i downgraded to 1.1.0 and its working fine.
so good news, with the update from yesterday, things should work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0kb is texturepacker 1.1.1 issue, not related to Kodi - Texture Tool.
Use Texture Tool v.1.9.0

TexturePacker -input C:\Users\Rene2.DESKTOP-TN3IKD1.000\Desktop\sdfdsfsdf -output C:\Users\Rene2.DESKTOP-TN3IKD1.000\Desktop\3.xbt > out.txt
texture packer 1.1.1 is crashing with: Error writing header to file
Tried to compile the 160mb textures.xbt 3 times from batch (cmd), always error.
works fine with small texture files (sometimes).
Tested now out new version 2.9.0

1st try 200mb textures sample, dubcheck on -> negative 0kb
go down...
2nd try 100mb textures sample, dubcheck off -> positive  Smile
go up...
3rd try 150mb textures sample, dubcheck off -> negative 0kb
4th try 150mb textures sample, dubcheck on -> negative 0kb

The 160mb textures.xbt of MQ7 Leia Mod have not been cracked yet ... I'll stay tuned
I will more test it the next days and also on my other machines and will edit all results in there
Texturepacker 1.1.1-v2-win32 crashing on Foldersize 140mb ---> Error writing Header to File. (3 Times from 3 Times)
Texturepacker 1.1.1-win32 crashing on Foldersize 140mb --> Error writing Header to File. --> (1 Time from 1 Time)

Texturepacker 1.1.0-win32 not crashing on Foldersize 140mb. (same folder) (3 Times from 3 Times)
Texturepacker 1.1.0-win32 crashing on Foldersize 190mb --> no error but 0kb --> (2 Times from 2 Times)

using from cmd.exe without batch.

definitly a texturepacker issue. nothing to do with TextureTool here.
@ronie @Martijn - who has developed the texturepacker?
(2019-02-14, 21:37)supp Wrote: definitly a texturepacker issue. nothing to do with TextureTool here.

I can handle the TexturePacker command prompt very badly, but that might explain why I did not succeed with the skin 160mb textures.xbt

@supp 
Thx for sharing your newest version on cloud, tested it a bit but almost same results:

5th try 100mb textures sample, dubcheck off -> positive  
6th try 100mb textures sample, dubcheck on-> positive 
7th try 150mb textures sample, dubcheck off -> negative 0kb
8th try 150mb textures sample, dubcheck on -> negative 0kb

If 100mb are exceeded it will be a patience sample from the number of tries. At the 160mb textures.xbt of the aeon mq7 leida mod I need 10, 15, sometimes 20 tries until the compiling works. Hours pass by. There seems to be some random component if it works at least every 20 tryings.
It seems that we need a statement from the developer here.

I guess there is a cap at about 150mb.
Maybe I just read the foldersize and cap it at 150mb so the user gets a hint that this is not possible to prevent errors.
(2019-02-14, 21:37)supp Wrote: @ronie @Martijn - who has developed the texturepacker?
 the same people that develop kodi ;-)

i'm not a windows user, but i have no issues compiling 200mb on linux... so it might be a platform specific issue.

feel free to report the issue here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Issue reported. Let's see how many month it takes til it's fixxed [emoji4]
(2019-02-15, 11:31)supp Wrote: Issue reported. Let's see how many month it takes til it's fixxed Image

I read your report in detail.

You did very conscientious precise and meticulous.

It would be really great if you get into the problem soon, that the Windows OS (hobby) Skinner will not let down
i've changed some things aswell and added stuff in the texturetool, waiting to get texturepacker fixxed to release 3.0 and all should be fine.
(2019-02-17, 11:34)supp Wrote: i've changed some things aswell and added stuff in the texturetool, waiting to get texturepacker fixxed to release 3.0 and all should be fine.

Are your modifications already public (download link first site on thread)
(2019-02-17, 14:23)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 11:34)supp Wrote: i've changed some things aswell and added stuff in the texturetool, waiting to get texturepacker fixxed to release 3.0 and all should be fine.

Are your modifications already public (download link first site on thread)
Not yet, don't wanna spam releases Smile
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Kodi - Texture Tool (.xbt)2