iPad Camera Connection Kit: exFat formatted SDXC card not working?
Recently i heard that iOS7 now supports exFat and therefore SDXC cards are working with the Camera Connection Kit.

So, i tried it with a 64GB SDXC but unfortunately XBMC doesn't sees the files in /var/mnt/. After a reformat in FAT32, it works as expected, so the card isn't the problem. Is exFat not supported in XBMC?

Using XBMC 13.1 & iOS 7.06
(2014-08-12, 22:14)theowiesengrund Wrote: Recently i heard that iOS7 now supports exFat and therefore SDXC cards are working with the Camera Connection Kit.

So, i tried it with a 64GB SDXC but unfortunately XBMC doesn't sees the files in /var/mnt/. After a reformat in FAT32, it works as expected, so the card isn't the problem. Is exFat not supported in XBMC?

Using XBMC 13.1 & iOS 7.06

It is not an issue with XBMC.

While it is true that ios 7 now 'supports' exFAT. It still isn't mountable for jailbroken devices. This is what the iFile dev had to say about exFAT support;

Quote:I've investigated the exFAT implementation yesterday: it's not implemented in a way that it can be mounted by iOS Sad

Source

So unless iOS 8 improves its 'implementation' you won't be able to use exFAT cards/usb sticks. I'd suggest using HFS+ if you can otherwise your stuck with FAT32 and 4gb limit Sad
Well that's a shame. But i didn't knew that HFS+ was working. Awesome Smile
Thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad Camera Connection Kit: exFat formatted SDXC card not working?0