• 5(current)
Release Maximinimalism (Kodi Helix)
(2015-01-27, 18:41)thedeadman Wrote: @kitsunegari: Definitely not an Openelec issue - probably just a temporary Kodi repo problem (happens from time to time).

Stick with Openelec is my strong advice.

(2015-01-27, 18:48)svenbravo7 Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 18:34)kitsunegari Wrote: Hey thedeadman - I downloaded the latest version of openelec (5.0 stable), but there was no skin in the repository. I then tried to install from zip (using the latest from github) - is this an openelec issue (they need to update something??)? I like the simplicity of openelec but if its a choice of having to wait for them to sort things I think i'll try the kodiUbuntu distro as I'd much rather just have your skin working!!

First of all, dont think this is the place for your problem. But... I had this problem myself. You have to check-for-updates 'once' for your add-ons before trying to search for anything. After it is done updating the search worked and I could install the new skin.

Yep this got it - thanks guys!
Really like this skin - thanks for all your efforts on this thedeadman.

One question - I'm using Kodi 14.0 with Windows 8.1. Under Settings / Appearance / Skin I have set the Startup Window to Videos. However when Kodi starts the Home page is displayed; this setting works ok with Confluence skin. Just wondered if this setting didn't work for some reason with Maximinimalism.

Thanks again
Thanks berkhornet!

Yeah, that option isn't being honoured. I'll take a look and see if I can track down why.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Thanks - let me know if you need someone to test a fix in the future.
I was suggested this skin by thedeadman on another thread, and I'm very impressed with it on a low-powered Android system. Thanks for the work, and for the tip-off!

I'll bring the conversation over to this thread, then... it's not designed for touch, but it really does outshine Touched and ReTouched on a tablet to my mind. If you're on a tablet, getting to your media and controlling it is more important than the 10-foot interface with oodles of snazzy graphics. However, your controls are limited with no keyboard and no remote...

Any hints on how to optimise it for touch? For example, bringing up the side blade menu and the context/controls/now playing/info-type menus and OSD seems to involve a kind-of-swiping-while-sort-of-touching (aka 'firkling') around the left and lower edge, but it's hardly a precision art. I wonder if I'm missing something or whether there's a sensitivity/timeout that could be adjusted - perhaps even as an 'optimise for touch' config option?
Thanks Prof Yaffle,

I can see your point. Optimising for touchscreen tablets is something I may well consider in the future. My main limitation will be the existing touch-gesture recognition capabilities in Kodi's core. If things have improved since Gotham it might be a go-er now, but the last time I tried XBMC on a touch-based device the experience was far from brilliant.. If I have to rely upon above-my-pay-grade changes to the Kodi touch interpretation engine, my enthusiasm to commit a whole lot of work to support such a venture will be extremely short lived.

Nothing ventured nothing gained however. I'll dig out a tablet and take a look-see.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@SvenBravo - so sorry, I completely missed your post earlier in the thread.

Quote:- When you mark something as watched on the 'latest/recent' screen everything of that category (movie,tvshow) will be marked. For example; If I mark movie A as watched all movies are marked as watched.

Not sure how you've managed that? The ability to mark items as watched is not available for the recent items (see further)

Quote:- Also there is no context menu available from this screen (pressing C or rightclick) in which you can rename, remove, mark-as-watched etc.
This is true and it's something I would like to see fixed. Unfortunately, there is no option in the skinning engine (yet) to bind keys to custom lists. Nothing I can do at this stage i'm afraid. I gather that the ability to view the info for these items is on the way, but as yet there is no support for the context menu.

Quote:- Perhaps you changed it along the way, but when I have watched something I no longer want to see it on the recent screen. At the moment it stays visible untill new stuff has been added.
I agree, and the latest version on Github fixes this issue. I was experimenting with a different strategy for handling recent items, but have since decided to go back to what I was using originally.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
V1.2.0 now on Github, official repo to follow.

Changelog:

- [NEW] Italian Translation (thanks Shiba89)
- [MODIFIED] Info dialogs reworked to minimise incidence of overlapping
- [BUGFIX] Problem with RCB plugin launch from homescreen fixed (thanks fipm)
- [MODIFIED] New skin option 'Low CPU power mode' disables scrolling and fanart animations for devices like Raspberry PI (thanks jbman)
- [NEW] Star rating for music tracks on fullscreen music view (thanks geogiraux) Use left or right to increase / decrease rating (when navigation bar is hidden)
- [NEW] Skin option: Hide all background imagery in fullscreen music view
- [FIXED] broken text alignment in RCB dialogs
- [NEW] Dialog skinning for RCB complete
- [FIXED] Video navigation window not rendering correctly on video playback (thanks _omega)
- [FIXED] Custom startup windows now honoured correctly (thanks berkhornet)
- [REVERTED] Recent items returned to using skin-widgets addon as supporting script. Movies and tvshows in separate lists.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I appreciate the needs and reasons for the update, but I actually prefer the way "latest" looked before (Tv only as I have no movies). Any way that I can modify it?
@Zenithede: I'm currently working on providing the option to show movies, tvshows or both. As soon as it's pushed to my GitHub, i'll let you know (won't be long, might even be later today)
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hi again, I was thinking of no text / graphics at all. If it is something I can change manually in a config-file it would help to know where to look. Some earlier skins I've used have had a toggle in full screen when I click the Info Button Event. I'm not expecting this to be changed here but then it would be greatly appreciated if you could point me in the right direction of a manual change Smile
Hi Berz,

OK. For that you'll need to edit a skin file. The file you want is: skin.maximinimalism/1080i/custom_musicPlayerFullscreen.xml

Locate:
Code:
<!--track info-->
<control type="group">
    <animation type="windowOpen">
        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="500" delay="1000"/>
    </animation>
    <animation type="windowClose">
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300"/>
    </animation>

Replace with:

Code:
<!--track info-->
<control type="group">
    <visible>false</visible>
    <animation type="windowOpen">
        <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="500" delay="1000"/>
    </animation>
    <animation type="windowClose">
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300"/>
    </animation>

That ought to do it. Keep a copy of the modded file handy as it won't survive a skin update.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Greatly appreciated thedeadman. Keep up the good work Smile
Hi,

Is it possible to query internet for artist fanart automatically on first play?

Thanks
(2015-01-31, 18:59)thedeadman Wrote: V1.2.0 now on Github, official repo to follow.

Changelog:

- [MODIFIED] New skin option 'Low CPU power mode' disables scrolling and fanart animations for devices like Raspberry PI (thanks jbman)

thanks for the update. I held off upgrading to helix waiting for this.

looking great so far, thank you
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maximinimalism (Kodi Helix)0