Linux Error Message when starting XBMC
Hello there,

using XBMC Gotham and TVHeadend as PVR is great and works well also with EPG (WebgrabPlus).
But I have one weird error message displayed each time I start XBMC which appears for a second but has no effect ... still its annoying.
it says in a popup:

there are no PVR clients installed.

it disappears and Live TV works.
Do not know what this is.
any idea? any more infos needed to help me?
/krijeck
rebuilding ....
Depending on how you are launching xbmc on boot, make it depend on tvheadend so it wont start untill tvheadend has started.

Code:
/etc/init/xbmc.conf

start on (filesystem and net-device-up IFACE=eth0 and stopped udevtrigger and started smbd and started mysql)

I added smbd and mysql to mine so it would wait for the file server to start and the database where my info is stored.
scratch that, my advice defo wrong here.
(2014-09-11, 20:34)robo989 Wrote: scratch that, my advice defo wrong here.
Huh
rebuilding ....
(2014-09-11, 01:00)redstorm Wrote: Depending on how you are launching xbmc on boot, make it depend on tvheadend so it wont start untill tvheadend has started.

Code:
/etc/init/xbmc.conf

start on (filesystem and net-device-up IFACE=eth0 and stopped udevtrigger and started smbd and started mysql)

I added smbd and mysql to mine so it would wait for the file server to start and the database where my info is stored.

good idea I added the following to /etc/init/xbmc.conf:
Code:
start on (filesystem and net-device-up IFACE=eth0 and started tvheadend)
but still the same error. it pops up pretty fast and its hard to read but i think its written
"There are no PVR Clients started."

/krijeck
rebuilding ....
Do you have XBMC set to start live TV automatically? I think that's what causes it.
(2014-09-23, 18:26)negge Wrote: Do you have XBMC set to start live TV automatically? I think that's what causes it.

no - I did not set it to start LiveTV automatically.

no idea whats the issue ...
rebuilding ....
I have the exact same issue on a notebook computer under Win7 and Gotham 13.2, and on a NUC under OpenElec 4.0.7 (Gotham 13.1).

On my third XBMC installation under Linux Mint 16 and Frodo 12.3 I do not get this error message at startup.

Similarly, when the Tvheadend server stops for a recodring (which I do outside of Tvheadend) my XBMC Gotham installations will continuously (every 30 s or so) display the "no connection to Tvheadend server" pop up message despite the active setting "Do not show 'connection lost' warnings". My Frodo instalation does not do that. Only after restart of the Gotham installations the "no connection to Tvheadend server" pop up message will not appear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error Message when starting XBMC0