• 3(current)
Win PseudoTV Live Manager for Windows
(2014-10-18, 12:02)Rastan Wrote: Great work guys! I just have one question, is there any way to run 2 instances of PseudoTV Live Manager on the same computer? On my setup I edit the upstairs and downstairs XBMC/PTVL files side by side when using the original manager as there was no installer.

If you are on Windows 8, you could try looking in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\PTVL\PseudoTVLive Manager and move or backup the original settings.txt file, to another location. When there is no settings.txt file in that location, it will allow you to make another one. Then just swap the settings file when you want to work on a different instance.

Don't know how many users do it like you do, but I might be willing to add something where you could swap between standalone instances. You guys let me know if that is something you want me to try to add.
(2014-10-18, 05:56)japes Wrote: Been giving it a test run. Looks and works great. Only thing I have found so far is under Network/Studios tab the Movie Studios doesn't show studios it shows movie titles. I will continue messing with it and if I see anything else I'll let you know.

I've noticed that too
(2014-10-18, 14:52)peppy6582 Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 12:02)Rastan Wrote: Great work guys! I just have one question, is there any way to run 2 instances of PseudoTV Live Manager on the same computer? On my setup I edit the upstairs and downstairs XBMC/PTVL files side by side when using the original manager as there was no installer.

If you are on Windows 8, you could try looking in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\PTVL\PseudoTVLive Manager and move or backup the original settings.txt file, to another location. When there is no settings.txt file in that location, it will allow you to make another one. Then just swap the settings file when you want to work on a different instance.

Don't know how many users do it like you do, but I might be willing to add something where you could swap between standalone instances. You guys let me know if that is something you want me to try to add.

Thanks for the reply Peppy. I really wanted to work on them both at the same time as when I do changes it can get hard to remember channel numbers then what I tweaked. It can get tricky when editing multiple channels in one sitting. It would be much easier if I could switch between instances or ideally have 2 manager windows open at the same time. But I'll understand if it is not implemented if nobody else wants/needs it. In the meantime I'll just have to write it down Wink

Again thanks for the excellent work! Blush

Edit*

I forgot to ask. I have a feature request that I think would be useful. I always wanted a way to re-arrange the channels easier. What I propose is a way when on the "TV Guide" tab you could simply drag the channel to a new location order on the list. Or right click on a channel number and have move up or down. Right now it is very long winded moving channels and more so when there are advanced settings such as interleaving, channel scheduling etc attached to the channel in question. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement or if indeed possible. But it would be cool if it was.
(2014-10-18, 05:56)japes Wrote: Been giving it a test run. Looks and works great. Only thing I have found so far is under Network/Studios tab the Movie Studios doesn't show studios it shows movie titles. I will continue messing with it and if I see anything else I'll let you know.

I've noticed that too
(2014-10-18, 16:53)bigsteel99 Wrote:

I've noticed that too

I have a fix coming. Sorry about that.
Can't run the .exe at all on Windows 8.1? Get some error I've never seen about "This isn't made for your version of Windows"

Am I missing something? I save-as'd from that github link since there was no download button on the file page.

Ignore all that I just had a corrupted download!

Got it working no problem after that and it's been great. Excellent work! Really great stuff.
(2014-10-18, 17:36)peppy6582 Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 16:53)bigsteel99 Wrote:

I've noticed that too

I have a fix coming. Sorry about that.

No apology is necessary, and it is not a big issue so whenever you get the chance. Thanks for the response.
Good Evening,

I am exporting my myvideo78 and settings2.xml from openelec to windows 7.

Pointing the manager at them i am told i have connected okay but then get:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application..........

Index was outside bounds of hte array"

Can i send any form of report or log to help
(2014-10-18, 23:14)DrPeterOBoogie Wrote: Good Evening,

I have the same error. Seems to occur because I don't have ANY videos in my library...I only stream. When I added a video, the error went away.
Thanks, I do the same so will add a rip and keep my fingers crossed.
(2014-10-18, 23:44)BankerBankson Wrote:

I have the same error. Seems to occur because I don't have ANY videos in my library...I only stream. When I added a video, the error went away.

Yeah. That will happen. It will probably get fixed in future updates.

I couldn't imagine using PTVL only for streaming... performance wise there is no lag with local media. So it's like watching regular tv... external sources will make surfing slow...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-19, 00:24)peppy6582 Wrote:

Yeah. That will happen. It will probably get fixed in future updates.

Did an uninstall/reinstall of the app just now. Keep getting the above error, even with a video in my library. It isn't reading my settings2.xml at all. I can add a channel or 2 manually, click Save on the TV Guide tab, and they stay. But if I exit the app and reopen it, I get the error message popup and no channels listed under TV Guide. When I view my settings2.xml, I see that it wrote the 2 channels prior...it's just not reading it.

(2014-10-19, 01:11)Lunatixz Wrote:

I couldn't imagine using PTVL only for streaming... performance wise there is no lag with local media. So it's like watching regular tv... external sources will make surfing slow...

I just don't like downloading media manually. And I rarely watch the same videos repeatedly. So I really don't rip my DVDs because of that. I'd rather stream YouTube & USTVNow and the like, as it's always new/fresh content. I can imagine how much faster PTVL would be if I used local media, though!
You will need both a TV show, and a Movie. If you don't want any files in there, just put a .strm file in a folder named "A Movie I Like" and a .strm file in a folder names "A Show I Like"
(2014-10-19, 01:11)Lunatixz Wrote:

Switched off my power hungry server 10 months ago when "The GO "addons arrived - amazon cloud for my music. Wont use the data again until i get a decent NAS (a long way off)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Manager for Windows7