• 3(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Frame-packed 3D does not play as 3D, whether movie only or full ISO rips. I'm certain. I've played these same exact ISO's just fine in 3D on my Mede8er 600X3D.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Ah what a pity
So no full 3d iso but it does play 7.1 passthrough
Thats good
Now the only issue is full frame packed 3d
If theres no box that can do that, i'm not sure what to do :
- stay on xbmc windows machine and use external player (but i'm beginning to hate that)
- or go back to mede8er that can (but i come from early mede8er, and i would miss xbmc)
Hi all,

I'd like to ask you if this box can act as a Miracast/AirPlay receiver. Can anyone check this as I can't find this info on vidon website.

If it can it would be my box of choice and 1st android one supporting HD audio.

One more question to VidOn.me-Wolly, do you plan to release Android L when available?

p.s.
good I've not bought Minix X8-H or some RK3288 box.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
finger.
Here is a video to show you that the VidOn XBMC can play the 3D blu-ray iso. http://youtu.be/xaQi5ZRTFvY
Could you upload a piece of video or the pictures when playing your 3D movie on Mede8er 600X3D? And I've just learned that Mede8er 600X3D is not an Android Box, right?
It will be appreciated if you could provide us one of your 3D iso or you can use mediainfo (in text mode) to get the info of your movie then send the info to us.
Thank you!

Note: In the video, we pressed 3 times of fast forward or next chapter, it's not buffer.
(2014-10-23, 09:04)finger Wrote: I'd like to ask you if this box can act as a Miracast/AirPlay receiver.

Yes, just tested the Miracast receiver, it works well.

(2014-10-23, 09:04)finger Wrote: One more question to VidOn.me-Wolly, do you plan to release Android L when available?
Of course we will try our best to update to the latest Android Version.
Thanks for information Wolly.

When this device will be available for orders (website says Available soon...)

p.s.
can you post some screenshots of Airplay/Miracast app settings?

Best regards,
fingerr.
Edit
(2014-10-23, 09:19)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Here is a video to show you that the VidOn XBMC can play the 3D blu-ray iso. http://youtu.be/xaQi5ZRTFvY
Could you upload a piece of video or the pictures when playing your 3D movie on Mede8er 600X3D? And I've just learned that Mede8er 600X3D is not an Android Box, right?
It will be appreciated if you could provide us one of your 3D iso or you can use mediainfo (in text mode) to get the info of your movie then send the info to us.
Thank you!

Note: In the video, we pressed 3 times of fast forward or next chapter, it's not buffer.
It's hard to tell from that video whether the video is actually 3D as it looks 2D-ish at times and w/double-image (3D) at times. I tested my 3D ISO's on VidOn before and after you guys pushed the new SDK firmware; same results: no 3D played as 3D (only as 2D).

I tried MediaInfo, but it doesn't work on BD ISO's. Anyway, here are screenshots to prove to you that I in fact ripped and tested a full 3D BD. The pics show rips of discs I own BTW, not stuff off the Internet...
- BD shot 1
- BD shot 2
- ISO screenshot

When I mount that ISO on my PC, I clearly see the SSIF folder with .ssif files inside it. These are only present in 3D BD's.

Anyway, 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' wasn't the only 3D ISO I tested. I have around 150 3D movies, of which I tested around a dozen. Anyway, looking at other users' post in your forum, appears they're finding the same thing I did.

Re: Mede8er 600X3D, it's a Realtek 1186 box. It can do Android, but Mede8er removed it and developed their own custom firmware for better media playback.

Have my fingers crossed your devs can make 3D work as I think you'll have a killer box (XBMC, hd audio & 3D) at this price! Heck, I'd buy another 2 & even do the membership to support you guys Smile.
My Family Room Theater
(2014-10-23, 14:04)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 09:19)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Here is a video to show you that the VidOn XBMC can play the 3D blu-ray iso. http://youtu.be/xaQi5ZRTFvY
Thank you!

It's hard to tell from that video whether the video is actually 3D as it looks 2D-ish at times and w/double-image (3D) at times. I tested my 3D ISO's on VidOn before and after you guys pushed the new SDK firmware; same results: no 3D played as 3D (only as 2D).

I tried MediaInfo, but it doesn't work on BD ISO's. Anyway, here are screenshots to prove to you that I in fact ripped and tested a full 3D BD. The pics show rips of discs I own BTW, not stuff off the Internet...
- BD shot 1
- BD shot 2
- ISO screenshot

When I mount that ISO on my PC, I clearly see the SSIF folder with .ssif files inside it. These are only present in 3D BD's.

Anyway, 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' wasn't the only 3D ISO I tested. I have around 150 3D movies, of which I tested around a dozen. Anyway, looking at other users' post in your forum, appears they're finding the same thing I did.

Re: Mede8er 600X3D, it's a Realtek 1186 box. It can do Android, but Mede8er removed it and developed their own custom firmware for better media playback.

Have my fingers crossed your devs can make 3D work as I think you'll have a killer box (XBMC, hd audio & 3D) at this price! Heck, I'd buy another 2 & even do the membership to support you guys Smile.

Use BDInfo for your BD ISO..

Thank you!

I got this email from VidOn

Dear customer:

Thank you for your reservation of VidOn Box.

In order to improve shopping experience, we will change the way how we sell VidOn Box.

1. VidOn Box will not be available for purchase on Friday, Oct.10th 2014, we are sorry for any inconvenience that caused.

I was wondering when will this player be ready to purchase?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
hdmkv, since mede8er is a realtek 1186, and can do android

Isnt there anothere 1186 board then, that can do android, has xbmc and plays full 3d?
Quote:Use BDInfo for your BD ISO..
Oh yeah, how could I forget that handy tool...
Code:
Total   Video                                            
Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------                        ---------------------
00801.MPLS                                                      AVC     1:32:29 37,259,991,360  46,419,052,217  53.71   26.49   DTS-HD Master 7.1 4826Kbps (48kHz/24-bit) DD AC3 5.1 448Kbps

Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title:     MR_PEABODY_AND_SHERMAN_3D
Disc Size:      46,419,052,217 bytes
Protection:     AACS
BD-Java:        Yes
Extras:         Blu-ray 3D
BDInfo:         0.5.8

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00801.MPLS
Length:                 1:32:29.544 (h:m:s.ms)
Size:                   37,259,991,360 bytes
Total Bitrate:          53.71 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description    
-----                   -------             -----------    
MPEG-4 AVC Video        26490 kbps          1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
MPEG-4 MVC Video        16024 kbps                          

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description    
-----                           --------        -------         -----------    
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         4826 kbps       7.1 / 48 kHz / 4826 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio             English         448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Spanish         448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             French          448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Portuguese      448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Bulgarian       448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Hungarian       448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Polish          448 kbps        5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps

SUBTITLES:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description    
-----                           --------        -------         -----------    
Presentation Graphics           English         49.939 kbps                    
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         39.696 kbps                    
Presentation Graphics           French          40.223 kbps                    
Presentation Graphics           Portuguese      33.769 kbps                    
Presentation Graphics           Bulgarian       37.838 kbps                    
Presentation Graphics           Hungarian       35.278 kbps                    
Presentation Graphics           Polish          37.897 kbps                    

FILES:

Name            Time In         Length          Size            Total Bitrate  
----            -------         ------          ----            -------------  
01151.SSIF      0:00:00.000     1:32:29.544     37,259,991,360  53,713

Skank, other manufacturers tried Android on RTD1186 chips, but they came short (poor performance)... HiMedia, Xtreamer, etc. There's a newer RTD1195 chip, but so far, appears boxes (like this) are either sluggish or in question. Watching forums for more user reports and other manufacturers.
My Family Room Theater
Sad 
If Only my ADT-1 player can play 3D ISO..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I wonder why mede8er doesnt use xbmc and their own player...
Or implement trakt.tv to their use.

I guess we can expect a new model from mede8er which supports also 4k and dolby atmos?
I asked in their forum a few weeks ago and answer was M8R won't jump on a new hardware unless it offers any improvement over their current offering. Not sure what that means, but I expect they're keeping an eye on various chips and boxes. It makes business sense for them to offer a new product in not too distant a future to stay alive.
My Family Room Theater
Some more tests...

AirPlay works quite well via included app. Tested 1080p videos and pics shot and stored on my iPhone 5 (iOS 8). Mirroring also worked well; just a very slight lag. Re: AirPlay, sometimes there's no audio with videos. But, redo AirPlay and everything works again.

Tested high bitrate clips: birds and jellyfish. Both played fine, up to 70mbps. Beyond that, buffering every 15 seconds. This could be an issue with some 3D BD's as I've seen peaks around 90+ mbps.

Tried some more (different) full 3D ISO rips... as I reported previously: playback in 2D only.
My Family Room Theater
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3