• 6(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-10-25, 07:56)movie78 Wrote: Can i get a VidOn box too(I will pay or Free,it doesn't matter)
Got so much files test.

Thanks!

We will soon restart the sale, so please stay tuned
Hi

What's the price of one of these boxes in GBP/£'s?

Thanks
I don't think it's good to talk about the price and when we will begin to sell in XBMC forum. That's off-topic.
If you want to buy the box, you can post your question on our VidOn.me Forum.
Thank you!
(2014-10-25, 06:00)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 22:06)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 21:57)Skank Wrote: Dont know if i asked but does it do 4k?
Can it boot right into xbmc?
And will it pasthrought atmos in future?
No.
Not sure. Wolly?
Not sure. Wolly?

1. No, VidOn Box doesn't support 4K.
2. We can add this feature.
3. We will consider to support it. But the existing players cannot decode it, so additional tracks are removed, and it also requires to update your amplifier.

2. would be nice !
3. i know it needs new amplifier, but if it would do passthrough it would be nice
Quote:i know it needs new amplifier, but if it would do passthrough it would be nice
HD audio passthrough appears to be spotty, as is 3D, via certain AVR's. In my case, Pioneer 822 okay, but Denon 1913 no. Suspect there is some HDMI handshaking issue w/VidOn.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
No true 23,976 output right ? Any word if they will fix that ?
(2014-10-25, 20:56)Jönke Wrote: No true 23,976 output right ? Any word if they will fix that ?

That might be a hardware limitation since I'm not aware of any Allwinner SoC (A10,A20,A31,etc.) based player that could do 23.976 or 59.940. Not even in Linux. Browsing the available kernel source code also makes it appear as unsupported. Guess you need to live with repeated frames every 42 seconds with 24.000 or every 16 seconds with 60.000
(2014-10-25, 20:56)Jönke Wrote: No true 23,976 output right ? Any word if they will fix that ?
Maybe I'm not as susceptible to 23.976 at 24, but I watched the latest 'X-men' movie all the way last night in 3D and w/hd audio and playback was fine. Great movie, so I was lost in it and not really looking for frame skips Smile.
My HT
sounds like this could be a great box since it plays 3D. Any word if this plays 3D MVC MKV files ?
They've said maybe in the future, so not something I'd count on.
My HT
(2014-10-26, 16:59)dchabby Wrote: sounds like this could be a great box since it plays 3D. Any word if this plays 3D MVC MKV files ?

Currently we only support 3D Blu-ray iso files.
From what we are hearing from hdmkv, it looks this would be the ultimate Android media player .
I hope they had a version without subscription with full BD support. .
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Someone asked whether I prefer Mede8er X3D or VidOn over at AVSForum, and I replied for now, I still prefer M8R, but by a small margin. Mainly because it also plays MVC 3D, very high bitrate files (120mbps+ vs. about 60-70 on VidOn), and has no AVR compatibility issues. But, VidOn costs almost 1/4 less and has XBMC (the ultimate movie/TV jukebox) Smile. Given how much VidOn appear to have pushed the limits with Android (hd audio, 3D), they should be able to resolve the AVR compatibility issues. I was skeptical before I ordered my VidOn Box as the hype seemed too good to be true, but this box actually delivers. Like most new boxes, there are a few bugs to be squashed and improvements to be made, but no deal-breakers that I can see.

Not sure if VidOn can do this, but I'd actually suggest they release a higher-end box that's more powerful and with at least 16GB of internal storage. This would help with XBMC performance, especially large media libraries, and even the latest or graphics-heavy/3D Android games. Another plus would be support for Android Lollipop.
My HT
+1 for the boot straight into XBMC please so that I can install and use in my Control4 system
Its looks like VidOn box is going to win this round.
CloudMedia OpenHour couldn't deliver Frame packed Bluray 3D ISO support for their device and it cost $100 more.

Without 3D Bluray ISO support there many Android device that can do the same thing their device is providing and cheaper.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3