• 15(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
We also need ability to switch left/right eye for the few 3D BD's that have right-eye first ('Edge of Tomorrow', 'Rio' to name a couple).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-27, 16:40)movie78 Wrote: Bluray 3D.ISO Playback.

If the file contain both 2D/3D and the start in 2D,there is option to change it back to 3D.

This one the features i like about the M-195 Realtek 1195 box(PS: thats is the only good about it)

?
You're in the vidon topic..
(2014-11-28, 15:13)Skank Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 16:40)movie78 Wrote: Bluray 3D.ISO Playback.

If the file contain both 2D/3D and the start in 2D,there is an option to change it back to 3D.

This one the features i like about the M-195 Realtek 1195 box(PS: thats is the only good about it)

?
You're in the vidon topic..

Yes!

The issue is about the VidOn box.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-11-26, 17:58)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, just watched the first 40 minutes of 'Sin City 2' and not a single freeze or buffering until the 31 minute mark, then picture freezes for about 3 seconds and resumes, after a quick speed-up. I think not bad, maybe fixable by VidOn, but again another freeze (buffering) at the 36 minute mark.

I'm wondering, can something be done via XBMC advanced settings XML to increase buffer? Never tried, but I've read about people doing this with Fire TV and other players that choke with BD rips. Maybe some gurus here can advise.

Found this on using advanced settings to increase the video cache; will try it out.

I've done more tests, with both the stock Frodo VidOn XBMC and their alpha Gotham build. Buffering is pretty bad in both Sad. I added this advancedsettings.xml, but made zero difference...
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

Used 'Sin City 2' 3D to continue testing. After the 40 minute mark, the buffering gets more frequent and worse (like every 3-5 minutes). Unwatchable!

I'm thinking bitrate test files and watching 20-30 minutes for reviews (myself included for doing this) isn't reliable. This box is able to handle up to 65Mbps for bitrate tests, but can't handle 30-35Mbps about 1/3 into the movie?! Apparently not. Don't know if the buffering issue is fixable; hopefully.
My HT
Looks like returning the box is the only way
Buffering is issue makes it worthless.
I would put my hopes on a good company like zappiti player and openhour.
I'm not so sure about either OpenHour (as it's riddled with issues; just see their forum), and Zappiti player relies on Realtek's turnkey solution with the 1195 chip. So, I don't expect Zappiti's performance to be any better than Bluetimes M-195 or Eweat EW902.

At this point, I'm sticking with Mede8er 600X3D for my 3D ISO's and MVC MKV's, and Chromebox for everything else. Will hold on to VidOn to see if improves any.
My HT
(2014-11-27, 15:50)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 08:10)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: We will release the second Alpha version(0.0.0.2) of VidOn XBMC Gotham on Friday and VMC 0.0.1.4 will also be released if it could pass all tests.
Here is the link of VMC 0.0.1.4 [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]Beta[/B], if you want to give it a try, you can install it.
http://www.vidon.me/download/vidonme-med...-01-06.apk
AND now the source code for these alpha/beta builds that you now already published to the public?

It really can not be that hard can it be to understand this simple requirement of the GPL?

If you release any binary of XBMC/Kodi then you must also give the source code for it when asked.

You are in violation of the GPL right now unless you release the source code for each these builds.

This is not a gray area open to interpetation, these are simple facts that you have to deal with.

+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi, please can anybody answer if 23,976hz will be supported now or in the future?
Does the Neo X8 do 3d iso mvc and hd audio?
No
(2014-11-30, 11:48)Caramba69 Wrote: Hi, please can anybody answer if 23,976hz will be supported now or in the future?
Not now; no idea about future.
My HT
Just my 2cents

You dont have to wait 30-40 minutes to get the buffering bug

Just load the iso , seek ( or choose a chapter ) to somewhere after the 40-50 minutes point in the timeline

After a few second buffering bug will appear every 10-20 seconds

Seek or move to almost the end of the movie , buffering bug appears ever 2-3 seconds

Another problem i found is dts over hdmi doesnt work for me
Just tried first alpha version of Vidon XBMC Gotham. It looks promising.

There are some known problems like stuttering of videos which are using 29.970Hz or 30.000Hz framerate. Different test patterns to check stuttering with different framerates are available for download:
http://ul.to/20c1g31a
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5mvgsn -> just uncheck the "Download with sendspace accelerator" and "start here to download from sendspace"
http://st7.us/MotionBarsH264.7z

Playing of ISO files from NFS network server doesn't work. But ISO files can be played from lokal USB drive.

The PVR plugin VU+/Enigma2 works and station list and EPG are received from the SAT receiver but the playback of the stream can't be started in Live TV. It seams to be a problem of the vidon player integration.

An automatic adaption of video output frequency to the framerate used by the movie or video stream doesn't work even it is activated in the settings.

DTS-HD and TrueHD passthrough over HDMI is working well.

Gapless audio playback of single file APE/CUE or FLAC/CUE is working well.

IMHO stuttering of 29.970Hz, 30.000Hz movies and inability of HD audio passthrough with certain AVRs is a topic for improvement of the SDK.
I'm getting buffering after about 30 mins or so into a BD rip (where movie pauses, then resumes after a few seconds... sped up initially, then normalizes) even with VidOn's Gotham alpha. No different than stock Frodo.
My HT
This would be great Media player if the can fix the buffering in time...
As for now, my device is unusable..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3