• 24(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Doesn't make sense why. If they scale to 1080p and VidOn has to send a 1080p signal out, why not just render as native 1080p? Hopefully Wolly can explain, or if it's intentional, hopefully it's temporary until a later VidOn XBMC Gotham build is out.

Edit: I'm going to try this and compare vs. my Mede8er and Chromebox.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Framerate isn't adapted for BD tracks with the following format: MPEG2 720x576 25fps.
Well I am not sure, It seems FullHD but on my little 40" screen I can exactly tell, it looks good.
When I have time I will put the Vidon behind my FullHD 3D projector. If the image is not sharp enough and up-scaled I should be able to tell the difference on a 90" screen compared with a Blu-Ray player or Mede8er.

(2014-12-13, 17:56)hdmkv Wrote: Doesn't make sense why. If they scale to 1080p and VidOn has to send a 1080p signal out, why not just render as native 1080p? Hopefully Wolly can explain, or if it's intentional, hopefully it's temporary until a later VidOn XBMC Gotham build is out.

Edit: I'm going to try this and compare vs. my Mede8er and Chromebox.

That a good find and easy to test. Thanks.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

You can notice this when playing half sbs / half over under movies , they look like SD ( dvd quality ) instead of HD

normal videos , 2D FullHD and HD looks the same

FullHD looks like half-sbs / half over under movies played directly on my tv internal dnla

I didnt notice this on my 24 inch monitor but yes did notice on my 46 inch tv

I finished now watching a 3D BD iso , guardians of the galaxy , total dropped frames 890 , audio was not in sync , adjusted the audio ofset to 0.075 ms , subtitles always start no matter how meny times i set them to be off
(2014-12-13, 13:30)Trigu75 Wrote: Caramba69 check if the issue is the hdmi cable / hdmi port , i had this issue , using a different hdmi cable resolved it ( shorter one )

The same problematic hdmi cable works fine with my samsung 3DBD player , and computer , but not with vidon box

I have tried 3 different hdmi cable. Shortest was 0,75m. No difference, still 2D only. I have ordered a 0,5m cable now. I will try on Monday, but I don't think it's an issue with the hdmi cable.

TV is a Philips 50PFL7956K_02
http://www.philips.de/c-p/50PFL7956K_02/.../ubersicht
I did the 1080p test above (Koying posted this in the Android section), and the pattern looks just about the same via my VidOn and PS3. I went back and forth several times, and no blurriness on either. Does this confirm VidOn is actually playing 1080p in 1080p (vs. upscaled 720p)? No idea.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-12-13, 23:27)hdmkv Wrote: I did the 1080p test above (Koying posted this in the Android section), and the pattern looks just about the same via my VidOn and PS3. I went back and forth several times, and no blurriness on either. Does this confirm VidOn is actually playing 1080p in 1080p (vs. upscaled 720p)? No idea.

Vidon true 1080p

I don't think VidOn Box upscale 720p to 1080p, we keep the right of explanation.
Tomorrow, on Monday, I will discuss this matter with our developers and then back here give you a detailed explanation.
I believe we provide the true 1080p when playing 1080p movies.
Thanks for your support!

Oh, Trigu75
What about VMC? We hope you can test a 1080p movie with VMC 0.0.1.4 to see if the resolution of the picture is the true 1080p.
Thank you!

How to:
VMC 0.0.1.4 added the File Management, you can view you media source via NFS or SMB in the File Management and when you play a movie, you can choose the main title or show blu-ray menu.
When Gotham XBMC will be completely supported by Vidon remote app? Currently most buttons don't work after playback was started.

Can the problem that subtitels are activated by default and deactivated subtitles can't be set/stored as default solved in short time? It is really hard to deactivate subtitles any time.
(2014-12-14, 11:29)cmdr.adama Wrote: When Gotham XBMC will be completely supported by Vidon remote app? Currently most buttons don't work after playback was started.
Oh really? There are two keyboards in the app, one is for blu-ray movie that means only when you play a blu-ray iso, all the keys will work.

(2014-12-14, 11:29)cmdr.adama Wrote: Can the problem that subtitels are activated by default and deactivated subtitles can't be set/stored as default solved in short time? It is really hard to deactivate subtitles any time.
I think it could be fixed in a short time if it is a real bug, I will report this to our developers first.
Wolly , the pictures are from xbmc 0.0.0.3 ( gotham 13.2 )

Vmc is xbmc with your modded skin ( gotham 13.2 )

Cmdr.adama , on IOS , install xbmcremote , that's what i use and works great with both vmc and xbmc
(2014-12-14, 11:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-14, 11:29)cmdr.adama Wrote: When Gotham XBMC will be completely supported by Vidon remote app? Currently most buttons don't work after playback was started.
Oh really? There are two keyboards in the app, one is for blu-ray movie that means only when you play a blu-ray iso, all the keys will work.
All the playback control buttons like play, pause, skip chapter, audio, subtitile, ... don't work with Gotham. With Vidon XBMC 1.1.0.2 they are working.

(2014-12-14, 11:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-14, 11:29)cmdr.adama Wrote: Can the problem that subtitels are activated by default and deactivated subtitles can't be set/stored as default solved in short time? It is really hard to deactivate subtitles any time.
I think it could be fixed in a short time if it is a real bug, I will report this to our developers first.
I think it is a real bug because this function works on my PC using Gotham XBMC.

(2014-12-14, 11:51)Trigu75 Wrote: Cmdr.adama , on IOS , install xbmcremote , that's what i use and works great with both vmc and xbmc
I didn't try xbmcremote yet. I am currently using YATSE to control XBMC.
(2014-12-13, 20:33)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2014-12-13, 13:30)Trigu75 Wrote: Caramba69 check if the issue is the hdmi cable / hdmi port , i had this issue , using a different hdmi cable resolved it ( shorter one )

The same problematic hdmi cable works fine with my samsung 3DBD player , and computer , but not with vidon box

I have tried 3 different hdmi cable. Shortest was 0,75m. No difference, still 2D only. I have ordered a 0,5m cable now. I will try on Monday, but I don't think it's an issue with the hdmi cable.

TV is a Philips 50PFL7956K_02
http://www.philips.de/c-p/50PFL7956K_02/.../ubersicht

I have tested the isos in vmc as well. Although I set the player to 3D the videos are played in 2D.
Another bug

When the movie credits finish,it doesn't automatically return to XBMC and there no getting back to XBMC unless you press on the Home button the relaunch XBMC again.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-12-13, 23:27)hdmkv Wrote: I did the 1080p test above (Koying posted this in the Android section), and the pattern looks just about the same via my VidOn and PS3. I went back and forth several times, and no blurriness on either. Does this confirm VidOn is actually playing 1080p in 1080p (vs. upscaled 720p)? No idea.

Tested it too and compared it with my HTPC. No blurriness. So this tells me the Vidon is NOT upscaling. Al least not in my setup.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3