• 29(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-12-19, 06:59)niceshot Wrote: Can anyone confirm that the stuttering & buffering issues has been well addressed in this release? I still experience these in big 2D mkv files (~20Gb) over wireless SMB

WiFi is unreliable on transferring big videos. I suggest you set up the wired connection.
(2014-12-19, 06:59)niceshot Wrote: Can anyone confirm that the stuttering & buffering issues has been well addressed in this release? I still experience these in big 2D mkv files (~20Gb) over wireless SMB
File size is not the issue. Bitrate is the issue. Please think carefully before posting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can't say for certain if buffering issues are completely gone. They appear to be, but need to watch (more than just sampling bits here and there, but all the way) high bitrate movies that have around 90Mbps peaks at some points like 'The Immortals' 3D, 'The Avengers' 3D (final battle scenes), etc.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hi hdmkv and other owners of this VidOn box!

I was following your review and test results but cannot find info about Full SBS, TAB or Half SBS, TAB support of ripped 3D content.
It's only BD3D iso support mentioned on the official site.

I know that other Android boxes usually support this but not sure about VidOn.

I would like to have a player which can deal with all video formats including 3D support.
I know about Dune HD and Mede8er but would like to have a bit more functionality and responsiveness from 200eur boxes.
And i think those boxes are already a bit outdated and should have a better alternative.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, SBS and T/B are supported, contrary to what Wolly has posted. Almost any media player (even standard 2D models) will work fine for these half-res 3D formats. I recall trying on a WD TV and Boxee Box a while ago.

I need to try myself, but you can have XBMC/Kodi trigger your 3D TV or projector to combine SBS or T/B signals into a single 3D image. See here.
My HT
I've tried Half SBS and TAB via XMBC on my old desktop and it recognised them correctly.
But Full rip didn't work properly (picture was shown squeezed from left and right and lagging very much)

So I'm concerned if this Allwinner chip can handle Full SBS or TAB with high resolution (like 1920*2160)

I'm actually confused how old chipsets in Dune HD or Mede8er can easily handle all high bitrate video files and new chipsets have one or another problems like buffering or stuttering reported here Smile
Vidon xbmc doesnt change the mode , the only way is using xbmcremote and choosing there the currently playing mode , you still have to swich the tv to the desired mode manually

Tvdvideo changes the tv to 3d half sbs , over under , frame interval and line interval but doesnt support ac3/dts

Kodi gotham , helix changes the osd automatically but not the tv , and also passthru is not working there ( you get noise )

Full sbs /over under , i didnt test
(2014-12-18, 21:46)hdmkv Wrote: I have a TX-NR636, but no ATMOS speakers set-up. Still possible to test?

Was you able to try the ATMOS movies on your AVReceiver?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Have neither of those movies to test.
My HT
(2014-12-19, 18:50)quzen Wrote: I'm actually confused how old chipsets in Dune HD or Mede8er can easily handle all high bitrate video files and new chipsets have one or another problems like buffering or stuttering reported here Smile

Specially designed media decoder chip vs a general use CPU. Hands down the one designed for media playback will win. If you try to run normal apps on a dune or mede8er they would run like a snail.
(2014-12-19, 21:17)hdmkv Wrote: Have neither of those movies to test.

Can you try this file?

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/redire..._amaze.jpg
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Got it. But, again, how does one test w/o having those height speakers for Atmos? Just check to see if it shows Atomos on the receiver LCD display?
My HT
(2014-12-19, 22:10)hdmkv Wrote: Got it. But, again, how does one test w/o having those height speakers for Atmos? Just check to see if it shows Atomos on the receiver LCD display?

You just checking to see if you AVReceiver will display ATMOS.
Hey, guys

VidOn Media Center v 0.0.1.5 has been released, have you updated it?
Now we are addressing the "drop frame" and "receiver no sound" problem, hope the developers can solve these problems asap. Smile
And A/V Sync?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3