• 49(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Seems not very hard to make such a box, the point is the software, hardware always easy to make up.
On software, an external player solution is acceptable. In fact, may be better for you as you won't have to spend resources developing your own Kodi fork & get into GPL issue. You can focus on VidOn's media center app, squashing player bugs, etc.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Our Kodi won't have GPL issue, because we open all kodi-related source before we release it.
VidOn Media Center (VidOn Server for Android + VidOn Cloud TV) is under developing, will be out at the end of this month if everything goes well.
Good Solid Box and remote..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-03-14, 18:00)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Seems not very hard to make such a box, the point is the software, hardware always easy to make up.

Do you have any idea of what a good price range will be?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
If it is powered by Android L and a powerful chipset, like HiSilicon or RK3288,2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB Flash, I'm afraid the price will be $499 or higher. (Of course this price includes all features you marked yes.)
So what's your affordable price range?
Is this box able to do 23.976?
(2015-03-14, 18:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: If it is powered by Android L and a powerful chipset, like HiSilicon or RK3288,2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB Flash, I'm afraid the price will be $499 or higher. (Of course this price includes all features you marked yes.)

$99 to $199

Even the Nvidia Shield is not $499
One other development (until Android L boxes are more prevalent) is the OpenHour Chameleon. I know it has gotten poor reviews to date, but if Syabas/CloudMedia can improve it, it may be a contender. I believe it already supports 3D ISO's, just not HD audio yet, but I read in their forums that they're expecting a new SDK from Rockchip that adds this.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-14, 19:07)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 18:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: If it is powered by Android L and a powerful chipset, like HiSilicon or RK3288,2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB Flash, I'm afraid the price will be $499 or higher. (Of course this price includes all features you marked yes.)

$99 to $199

Even the Nvidia Shield is not $499

Are you sure the Nvidia Shield can do all things you have marked as yes? It has a powerful cpu but doesnt come with a internal 64GB storage.
With the hardware that mentioned in my post, the box also can be used for Android games, don't you think so? But a game console may not the best for watching movie. I said the point is the software, hardware comparision is nothing.
So who has a best full media solution on box, who will win the market.
If I see all problems you have with the current box you will never develop a box which nearly fit to customer needs. So far this discussion will not help you anyway.

At $499 you are pricing yourself out of the market.
Hardware is one thing but its nothing without very well supported Firmware.

As an example of how quickly the landscape changes...
News in today is that the RPi will, when KODI 15 Isengard is released support full frame packed 3D, testing is commencing at the moment.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1956412

(2015-03-16, 03:56)wrxtasy Wrote:

News in today is that the RPi will, when KODI 15 Isengard is released support full frame packed 3D, testing is commencing at the moment.

I am confused, frame packing is not MVC decoding, yet they appear to be referring to both.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Yes, you are right. But remember, Android Box ≠ Kodi Box, Android Box can do more, not only watching movie. I've already said that hardware is not the point, the important is the full multimedia solution on the box, yes the firmware & software.
Why people begin to talk about Himedia Q5, because its native player is very powerful to handle almost all video, so people will use that player as the external player of Kodi.

If this true and possible,then there will be no use for all these Android box for me...
Then the One solution for all now will be the Chromebox
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3