• 52(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
Any ETA on the new official SDK and VMC ?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2015-03-21, 13:40)MortUK74 Wrote: I had a Vidon Box but no longer use it due to buggy firmware, crashing and the poor operation of the remote control..

One of the BIG bugs is with the hardware.. There is a fault with CEC in all of the units which cause it to mess with everything else hooked up to your entertainment system.. I had to but a special HDMI adapter to get around the issue..

Also, Don't believe what's in their forum.. I posted a few issues with the Vidon box only to find my posts either deleted or edited to make Vidon look better.. Beware..!!

Mort.
Hello Mort,

I've just looked and I can't find a MortUK74 on the VidOn.me forum, so perhaps you use a different name. With regard to CEC issues there is a dedicated CEC problems with VidOn Box in the HDMI chain topic, which was started on the 02 January 2015. Perhaps your posts were moved into that topic.

Also, in the afore mentioned topic you will find a link to another topic (started be me a year before) that also mentions HDMI/CEC issues with previous VidOn.me devices. So it's not like the issue is new or has been swept under the carpet.

Cheers
Nor fixed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-23, 12:39)nickr Wrote: Nor fixed.

LOL... :-)
This is a general issue with most Android boxes that don't come with special CEC hardware and is easy to solve.
VidOn should have added a CEC controller in the box in the first place, even de Rasp. Pi has one.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2015-03-23, 12:39)nickr Wrote: Nor fixed.
(2015-03-23, 13:50)MortUK74 Wrote: LOL... :-)
(2015-03-23, 14:46)opeters Wrote: This is a general issue with most Android boxes that don't come with special CEC hardware and is easy to solve.
VidOn should have added a CEC controller in the box in the first place, even de Rasp. Pi has one.
I actually have the same CEC issues with my Sky Now TV (Roku) box... And tens of thousands of these things have been sold Shocked
If is a common issue and in "tens of thousands" of other boxes then Vidon should have foreseen it rather than put a sub standard box into production..
The VidOn box was responsive to the keyboard.xml file inserted to the proper folder, including small modifications I made to the file rendering my Rii wireless keyboard very useful within XBMC. Very nice.
I have always found that CEC implementation across a wide range of TV's to be less than ordinary.

I will always use a good remote such as a Harmony instead but as daflyboys said, the Rii wireless keyboards work great and are very inexpensive.
Oh my good. SeeMoreDigital, the "Supermoderator" of Vidon.me starts to be active here.
Yeah, and SMD has more experience with media players and transcoding than all of you wankers combined!
I do remember SeeMoreDigital from doom9 and other A/V forums going years back. Back to the point of CEC, looking at what it can do here, they appear nice to haves (just IMO), not musts.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-03-24, 13:40)hdmkv Wrote: I do remember SeeMoreDigital from doom9 and other A/V forums going years back. Back to the point of CEC, looking at what it can do here, they appear nice to haves (just IMO), not musts.

The issue with it is that it breaks the CEC on everything else attached to your home cinema system.. Not that it should have CEC..
Buy a cable that prevents this problem. They are readily available.

Plenty of information has been posted on modding a cable yourself or purchasing one.
Why should people have to mod or buy a cable because the box breaks something. It should be fixed properly by vidon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3