DVBViewer Client Connection Lost
Hi all,
Just to give an update; I updated my versions or both DVBViewer and the RS to the most current versions and low and behold Kodi is recognising DVBViewer / RS therefore I am now able to watch live TV (via a satellite card) within Kodi!
I really thought that the standard tech advice of 'update your software' was going to lead me down a blind alley!

Many thanks those that responded and helped me.

bb69
hi Guys,

i am very new here and want to achieve same as billybob, same set up etc, Billybob, i tried to PM bb but couldn't, is there a proper wiki for dvbviewer and kodi, i too cannot get it right.
I basically have tbs twin tuner and a satellite dish, i have DVBviewer working and scanned but cannot get to work with kodi.

thanks
(2015-09-01, 22:48)Barnsta Wrote: hi Guys,

i am very new here and want to achieve same as billybob, same set up etc, Billybob, i tried to PM bb but couldn't, is there a proper wiki for dvbviewer and kodi, i too cannot get it right.
I basically have tbs twin tuner and a satellite dish, i have DVBviewer working and scanned but cannot get to work with kodi.

thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't received a PM from you, but it is probably best that any discussions are kept on the open forum, as it might be useful for others in the future.

Have you got DVBViewer working correctly as a backend i.e. you have done a scan in DVBViewer and it has brought a number of TV channels which you watch in DVBViewer?
Have you enabled DVBViewer as a PVR Client under Add-ons and have Enabled the TV under the TV Settings in Kodi?
If you have got DVBViewer working correctly and enabled in Kodi settings, are you getting any error messages from Kodi?

bb69
Hi BB

Thanks for reply, yes I have done all that and get picture through viewer, only thing I don't get is the RS thing...

Maybe that's where I am going wrong

Thanks for your help, appreciated.
Have you installed the DVBViewer Recording Service app? This is a separate app from DVBViewer.

Otherwise it might be useful if you outline in a bit more detail, what exactly is the problem that you are experiencing.

Cheers,
bb69
Ahhh ok, no I haven't installed the recording service app, will look into it.
sooooooooooo

i have installed recording services but still kodi not recognizing, i don't get any error messages but the "TV" menu button doesn't show up in main menu.
ok scrap that i have it working now! thanks for your help!

now just need to get 5.1 sorted through my av receiver
I am having a problem..
DVBViewer Client keeps popping up on my TV saying connection lost also
ARGUS TV client keeps popping up on my TV saying connection lost also
DVBLink PVR Client keeps popping up on my TV saying could not connect to DVBLink server '120' also
DVBLink PVR Client keeps popping up on my TV saying connection lost also
DVBViewer Client keeps popping up on my TV saying unable to connect to the DVBViewer Recording Device..

Can someone please help me and tell me how to get these things from popping up on my TV all the time
(2015-10-16, 19:01)megan5150 Wrote: I am having a problem..
DVBViewer Client keeps popping up on my TV saying connection lost also
ARGUS TV client keeps popping up on my TV saying connection lost also
DVBLink PVR Client keeps popping up on my TV saying could not connect to DVBLink server '120' also
DVBLink PVR Client keeps popping up on my TV saying connection lost also
DVBViewer Client keeps popping up on my TV saying unable to connect to the DVBViewer Recording Device..

Can someone please help me and tell me how to get these things from popping up on my TV all the time

Are you trying to get a TV backend to work, or are you trying to stop the connection messages from popping up?

bb69
Im geting DVB LINK PVR CLIENT LOST an appletv is reseting all the time I just recived it and it came preloaded can some one help me with this problem
Want to get it to work
(2016-03-19, 22:41)koats1 Wrote: Im geting DVB LINK PVR CLIENT LOST an appletv is reseting all the time I just recived it and it came preloaded can some one help me with this problem
DVBLink is not DVBViewer. You're in the wrong place.
How do I disable a DVBViewer Client Connection Lost alert from Kodi?
(2017-05-11, 02:59)JJOBS Wrote: How do I disable a DVBViewer Client Connection Lost alert from Kodi?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/TV/General

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBViewer Client Connection Lost0