• 1(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Presenting KOver [a customizable KODI skin]

After more than 1 year of development, KOver is finally available. First, I would like to thank followers here for the kind words and support during the progress, also add-ons’ developers who fulfilled skinners’ crazy requests and of course the awesome KODI team for this great software we all use and for their great support.

KOver (for KODI Overlay) offers a different approach of KODI skins. Not just purely designed, it also offers to the user the possibility to customize it and make thousands of configurations. KOver embeds two powerful WYSIWYG editors : The Designer and the Color tool. Move, resize, change content and colors ... make it yours without the need of coding skills !

KODI Jarvis only (KOver has no Isengard compatibility)
Github version : https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver (use "Install from zip" in KODI addons settings).

Required add-ons :

Script.Skinshortcuts (will auto-install at first launch)
Skin.Helper (will auto-install at first launch)

Supported add-ons :

Artists.Slideshow
Extended Infos
Artwork Downloader
Image ressource (Studio)
TvTunes
NextUp notifications

Unsupported :

Mouse and Touch Navigation
Karaoke
ADSP

KOver features :

• Fully customizable Home Menu through Skinshortcuts
• WYSIWYG Viewtypes editor for each sections (9 viewtypes by section excepted weather and epg grid, for a total of 55 viewtypes)
• Name viewtypes wathever you want in order to easily switch to them
• Save your favourite viewtypes as templates (3 templates available) and apply them to new viewtypes for easy copy / paste
• Community friendly Export / Import / Share your viewtypes as zip files (from the templates)
• WYSIWYG Color editor with color picker
• Community friendly Export / Import / Share your color schemes as zip files (from color editor)
• ADVANCED : Build new list layouts in viewtypes by coding only <itemlayout> <focuslayout> in a dedicated file

How To :

README

Videos : (Youtube Channel)

Special thanks :

- Hitcher for advises, help and conq skin I use for code learning
- Phil65 for help and support
- locomot1f for tools and links
- Mkortsiege for all those fix in Jarvis
- Marcelvelt for his time into our requests in Skin.Helper
- BobCratchett for his time, help and parts of code for script.skinshortctus integration
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Nice, I really like the half screen approach.
Wow +1
yeah! this is pretty slick.
very clean, and aesthetically appealing.

hopefully you can get a coder to help bring this skin to life!
i know there some programs out there to do a lot of the work for you to get you started coding.

kudos on the work.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Thanks all for comments.

Just trying some more design.

[30.10.14] Gallery Update
Added a minimalist left menu (square dots). I think this will allow more customization in views
Added some more views in TV Shows Episodes navigation

(2014-10-29, 21:03)locomot1f Wrote: yeah! this is pretty slick.
very clean, and aesthetically appealing.

hopefully you can get a coder to help bring this skin to life!
i know there some programs out there to do a lot of the work for you to get you started coding.

kudos on the work.

Thanks for the tips, can you PM me your Tools. Without promising anything, I can have a look.
What makes me swear is not really trying to skin the main program but how to handle all modules and call them.
Moreover, I'm a heavy user of PVR and I heard it's a pain to code this part.

looks like the one I was thinking of hasn't been updated since 2012 -- https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-skin-edit...akechanges

maybe start here -- http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94438

I hear ya! Kudos to ALL the skinners out there.
There is a lot of time and effort put into this process.

I would like to think that if you get started, you'll find it easier to get help coding for certain sections.

--------------------------------------------
looks like that coder is still around -- http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=179551
maybe you can PM to see if his plugin still works.
Hmm. Took a fast look at all ressources. Seems like a bit familiar to me since I already touched some coding for some reasons and learned by myself. Anyway, there a lot of control calls and XML files. Have to see where I can start with and if I can sort something of it. But this appear to be a huge work.

> Hitcher : Can I ask you a copy of your ftv skin ? It looks having a similar home structure and since it's not developped too far, I should start with minimal bases.

What I have tout find now is how to get background fanart in home and use only half of screen for the menu.

for that half screen look, you might wanna look at Eminence... kinda similar.
seems pretty straight forward working with the alpha channels; i.e. #ff000000
(2014-10-30, 19:30)Jayz2K Wrote: Hmm. Took a fast look at all ressources. Seems like a bit familiar to me since I already touched some coding for some reasons and learned by myself. Anyway, there a lot of control calls and XML files. Have to see where I can start with and if I can sort something of it. But this appear to be a huge work.

> Hitcher : Can I ask you a copy of your ftv skin ? It looks having a similar home structure and since it's not developped too far, I should start with minimal bases.

What I have tout find now is how to get background fanart in home and use only half of screen for the menu.
I suggest you have a look at Conq as that's what I'm using as my base for fTV simply because I made to be as easy to understand as possible.
(2014-10-30, 22:06)locomot1f Wrote: for that half screen look, you might wanna look at Eminence... kinda similar.
seems pretty straight forward working with the alpha channels; i.e. #ff000000
Yes, that's what I planned to do. I'm using this one for daily use and wanted to take a look at the code.

Quote:I suggest you have a look at Conq as that's what I'm using as my base for fTV simply because I made to be as easy to understand as possible.

Thanks hitcher. The vertical menu seems to be a good base for start. However I asked myself if home always require a widget to display covers. Conq seems to be limited to "recent, random" since ftv shows groups by "artists, genders". Is the widget customizable to show straight an alphabetical order of items ?

You can add any playlist you want (Settings > Appearance > Skin settings > Customise home menu) and what you see in fTV is a lot of placeholders while I work on the layout/animations. Wink
(2014-10-31, 00:56)Hitcher Wrote: You can add any playlist you want (Settings > Appearance > Skin settings > Customise home menu) and what you see in fTV is a lot of placeholders while I work on the layout/animations. Wink
Took some time to look at Conq's code. Managed to go further a little more. Thanks Hitcher.

Can somebody help ? Is there a way to display a PVR channel list directly thru the Home.XML (without the mypvr.XML) ? I mean by setting something like this (which doesn't work) :

<content type="pvr">pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels</content>

Or another trick ?
Thanks

if that is a valid vfs path then try to add a "/".
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Well, path seems valid but type="PVR" seems not existing. Moreover I noticed that depending of the used language, the end of path "All TV channels" is translated ! Also, not sure how to use path with spaces ...

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18