• 11(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Ok, question.

Trakt TV support...Is this something to add to Kodi Control Center?
And how do you see it implemented then?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-02-28, 00:53)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 19:32)hydraSlav Wrote: I didn't see this on your "To Do" list, but please consider the following:

YouTube integration.

Out of all XBMC remotes (for iOS) I use only one: Constellation.
The reason: YouTube.

It allows, from within the iOS app, to login (optionally) to your YouTube account, and browse YouTube, such as "my playlists", "my uploads", "my channel", or just general section like "trending", "channels", whatever. And of course you can search YouTube right there.

More importantly, once you've found the video that you need, you can play it in XBMC (through the YouTube addon)

Please add that, and I will switch away from Constellation to this.

I have been successful in querying youtube for the mostPopular videos and your entered query string :-).
For this you don't need to login.
Constellation provides the same functionality, right?
And of course you than can play the video on your iPad or on Kodi.

Maybe I will already put this functionality in the upcoming version (1.2).

Constellation provides the login, and ability to view stuff related to your account, such as "Uploads" and "Your Playlists".
That's really the two options that I use: to quickly find my own uploads and show them to guests, and to give the tablet to my 2yo, so she can quickly pick herself whatever she wishes to watch from her (approved) playlist that I maintain.

But thanks for doing the other YouTube integration, looking forward to testing it out when AppStore is updated.
(2015-03-02, 17:25)rschiks Wrote: Ok, question.

Here is my wishlist:

- Login
- Retrieve your "Collection" list (TV and Movies, there are 2)
- Retrieve your "Watched" list (TV and Movies)
- Retrieve your "Wishlist" list (TV and Movies)
- Retrieve your custom lists (TV and Movies)
- Mark video "watched" or "unwatched"
- Add/Remove video to either of the lists
(2015-03-02, 21:22)hydraSlav Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 00:53)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 19:32)hydraSlav Wrote: I didn't see this on your "To Do" list, but please consider the following:

YouTube integration.

Out of all XBMC remotes (for iOS) I use only one: Constellation.
The reason: YouTube.

It allows, from within the iOS app, to login (optionally) to your YouTube account, and browse YouTube, such as "my playlists", "my uploads", "my channel", or just general section like "trending", "channels", whatever. And of course you can search YouTube right there.

More importantly, once you've found the video that you need, you can play it in XBMC (through the YouTube addon)

Please add that, and I will switch away from Constellation to this.

I have been successful in querying youtube for the mostPopular videos and your entered query string :-).
For this you don't need to login.
Constellation provides the same functionality, right?
And of course you than can play the video on your iPad or on Kodi.

Maybe I will already put this functionality in the upcoming version (1.2).

Constellation provides the login, and ability to view stuff related to your account, such as "Uploads" and "Your Playlists".
That's really the two options that I use: to quickly find my own uploads and show them to guests, and to give the tablet to my 2yo, so she can quickly pick herself whatever she wishes to watch from her (approved) playlist that I maintain.

But thanks for doing the other YouTube integration, looking forward to testing it out when AppStore is updated.

hmm...I forgot that you can login YouTube in Constellation. Sorry, I don't use Constellation that often! :-)
But I know what you mean. I will look into it.
(2015-03-02, 21:25)hydraSlav Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 17:25)rschiks Wrote: Ok, question.

Here is my wishlist:

- Login
- Retrieve your "Collection" list (TV and Movies, there are 2)
- Retrieve your "Watched" list (TV and Movies)
- Retrieve your "Wishlist" list (TV and Movies)
- Retrieve your custom lists (TV and Movies)
- Mark video "watched" or "unwatched"
- Add/Remove video to either of the lists

Ok, but how do the options relate to Kodi. The mark video "watched" or "unwatched" I can understand. You can sync this to Trakt. But why not use an add-on that does this for you?
Or is this just handy, so you don't have to use another app? :-)
(2015-03-03, 12:10)rschiks Wrote: Or is this just handy, so you don't have to use another app? :-)

Precisely.

Similar to Youtube: instead of searching for some videos somewhere, I can just load up MY lists and have it all right here, within the app
Same with Trakt: login, load up MY lists and everything is right here at my fingertips.

These smart remote apps are much more than just "a remote". The purpose of remote, in the end, is to select what you want to watch.
One can either use the remote, to navigate menus on Kodi, and go through different plugins on Kodi to finally select what's need.
Or one can use the remote to quickly pick what's needed right in the app, and just play it.

I prefer the latter Smile

Thanks for the hard work.
Oh, and of course, "Trakt" integration should have the option to play the movie that was selected from the list
(2015-03-03, 16:34)hydraSlav Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 12:10)rschiks Wrote: Or is this just handy, so you don't have to use another app? :-)

Precisely.

Similar to Youtube: instead of searching for some videos somewhere, I can just load up MY lists and have it all right here, within the app
Same with Trakt: login, load up MY lists and everything is right here at my fingertips.

These smart remote apps are much more than just "a remote". The purpose of remote, in the end, is to select what you want to watch.
One can either use the remote, to navigate menus on Kodi, and go through different plugins on Kodi to finally select what's need.
Or one can use the remote to quickly pick what's needed right in the app, and just play it.

I prefer the latter Smile

Thanks for the hard work.

OK, honest answer! I have already been succesful with accessing the new trakt tv api.
I will put it on the to do list.

Currently I am busy with adding movie sets.
(2015-03-03, 16:35)hydraSlav Wrote: Oh, and of course, "Trakt" integration should have the option to play the movie that was selected from the list

Of course! :-)
Version 1.1 has been approved and should be available in the next couple of hours.
Rschiks looking good will try it out. Any plans to have any controls for the notification area for quick access?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2015-03-07, 15:47)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Rschiks looking good will try it out. Any plans to have any controls for the notification area for quick access?

Thx. I have looked at how to make them, but not for this project. I myself are not using widgets, but hey, maybe I am not normal! :-)
On the to do list were movie sets. I have decided to make a new menu option for this.
This will be available in the upcoming version.

I have replaced the buttons "Change fan art", "Watch trailers", "Facebook" with a single button called "Options". When pressed a menu appears to make your selection.
This menu allows me to integrate more upcoming options :-)

ok, 2nd attempt :-)

Now using the new trakt api v2.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8