• 25(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Hi Guys,

don't forget to add the search option in the new movie views Smile

Big GrinBig Grin
(2015-05-19, 15:18)Njaynl Wrote: Hi Guys,

don't forget to add the search option in the new movie views Smile

Big GrinBig Grin

I think I will add the search bar to the carousel views in version 1.5. Depends a little bit on how much time the search in Kodi takes.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
hi mate going to look into the remote screen tonight will post new images
(2015-05-19, 08:57)madmartigan57 Wrote: another thing also:

Having the ability to display a left menu as "xbmc order" or can be personalized titles and menu function with generic HTTP :

For example this is "xbmc commander" :

With Kodi CC :

A question again, would buttons on the left be ok? Instead of text.
(2015-05-19, 20:13)meridius Wrote: hi mate going to look into the remote screen tonight will post new images

:-) great!
The more and more I read the last posts again about the remote control view layout, the more I think a few default layouts should be available and there should be one customizable. You have buttons at your disposal. Choose your own and place them anywhere on the screen where you want. Too many people, too many different opinions :-)
I think this will be a great feature for the app.
I have an idea on that but my post 354 image should be that layout as its the most important buttons on that screen used but I am designing customizable menu for that screen so you can add or remove other options just like commander it wil be posted tonight on here

oh sent you them power buttons for the host screen

cheers
@rschiks : movie button it's button to see movies in Device. Smile
(2015-05-19, 20:22)rschiks Wrote: The more and more I read the last posts again about the remote control view layout, the more I think a few default layouts should be available and there should be one customizable. You have buttons at your disposal. Choose your own and place them anywhere on the screen where you want. Too many people, too many different opinions :-)
I think this will be a great feature for the app.

Yes it's great idea. Choose place for buttons... it's very good for all people Smile
(2015-05-19, 20:13)meridius Wrote: hi mate going to look into the remote screen tonight will post new images

SmileSmile great great Smile
(2015-05-19, 21:02)madmartigan57 Wrote: @rschiks : movie button it's button to see movies in Device. Smile

Just a question. Which I can not get my head around it might be just me but You put the movie button on the remote like you want and then it goes to the movies on the iPad and you now have added another button to the screen to make less space for the touch pad or even replace a button that does another thing to keep the design and not clutter the design up.

Why would you not just close the remote menu by using the back button and go to the movies using the movie button in the menu bar so basically it's one extra push of a button.

Putting more and more buttons on the screen will cause the design to look cluttered

Anyway I might have another idea to satisfy everyone. Will post later.

I am not been Nasty by the way just trying to explain there are better ways of doing it without putting lots and lots of buttons on the remote screen.

You have to remember the remote screen is becoming one big touch pad it's not like the last remote screen where they where all buttons. But if rschiks does two views for that remote that all good but I am trying to make a design happy for everyone but keeping it slick.
(2015-05-19, 21:22)meridius Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 21:02)madmartigan57 Wrote: @rschiks : movie button it's button to see movies in Device. Smile

Just a question. Which I can not get my head around it might be just me but You put the movie button on the remote like you want and then it goes to the movies on the iPad and you now have added another button to the screen to make less space for the touch pad or even replace a button that does another thing to keep the design and not clutter the design up.

Why would you not just close the remote menu by using the back button and go to the movies using the movie button in the menu bar so basically it's one extra push of a button.

Putting more and more buttons on the screen will cause the design to look cluttered

Anyway I might have another idea to satisfy everyone. Will post later.

I am not been Nasty by the way just trying to explain there are better ways of doing it without putting lots and lots of buttons on the remote screen.

You have to remember the remote screen is becoming one big touch pad it's not like the last remote screen where they where all buttons. But if rschiks does two views for that remote that all good but I am trying to make a design happy for everyone but keeping it slick.

I agree with you but if it is possible to personalized the display with the ability to show or not the buttons, it will suit everyone Smile
Ah well, I'd rather use the remote I built myself, don't like the touch that much :-) for me it takes too much time. But I want don't want to push my remote to everyone, that's why the other views. It should be an remote for everyone right?
If madmartigan97 wants to have buttons on his remote, he can do that himself. I don't mind building a customizable remote. It's actually a challenge...I like that :-) I have no idea if I can still do that for version 1.5, because I have also promised to make a search within Kodi.
should be done soon for new pic
ok here is the first pic

as you can see its just the same as my other pic I did but with one extra control you can see it at the left side of the screen a littlie bar. you touch that bar and then slide it to the right or just touch it depending on how rschiks could program it if he decides to add this feature.

and then once the button is touched or swiped this happens an animated window as you see its a blurred window with all them extra settings and options which could be user editable by adding new command or removing them just like xbmc commander.

then you hit the arrow button to slide or touch to animate the window back to closed once done or you could leave the window open and still you the touch panel at the right hand side as normal so that you can still use the touch features.
#

what you think best of both worlds and remember this was just a quick mock up to show what I mean. I added some drop shadows behind the icons and text to make them pop more and more readable

oh this could also be done for the bar at the bottom of the screen to so that could be a hidden sliding window so that you could have the bar or not this keeps the whole thing tidy and other features accessible at the same time.

just a quick pic a dark theme bar for rschiks dark theme

the bottom bar is not finalised as I still am not to happy about it. I was going to do some different colour types and see what was the best out of them all but the dark one seems to be better than the white what do you think

• 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8