• 51(current)
Kyra for Kodi
:-)

Maybe I should first ask what you are expecting?
Only the poster on the left, and background/episode thumbnail on the right are displayed.
The remote control view blurs whatever image/screen is in the background. Just like every other window that is put over the background. Some are blurred, some are transparent.
The background (initially the kcc logo) is changed when, for example, a movie/series is selected. Or when you search a movie/series.

Not a bug, by design :-)
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
That's what I want it do but it's not working. It just keeps the kodi background as the background when I play movies or TV shows when I use the remote to select it.

Mine looks like post 737 first image but now the poster works with kodi but the background uses your background not the TV shows background.
(2015-06-21, 14:44)meridius Wrote: That's what I want it do but it's not working. It just keeps the kodi background as the background when I play movies or TV shows when I use the remote to select it.

Mine looks like post 737 first image but now the poster works with kodi but the background uses your background not the TV shows background.

The middle image from post 737 (with the bug of displaying old text) shows a different background....
Scrolling through Kodi self and selecting a movie/series doesn't change the background in the app. You have to select a movie/series in the app.
Could you make it so it does. Thanks.
(2015-06-21, 15:02)meridius Wrote: Could you make it so it does. Thanks.

What ever plays in Kodi will interfere with what you're doing on the iPad itself, so I made the choice not to do it.
There are lot's of scenarios you don't want this behaviour.
Sorry mate I don't understand. Might just me. But if you use the iPad to select the movie or TV show and then go to the remote the fanart works. But if you select the movie or TV show by using the remote view it does not. So I don't really understand what you mean.

So why does it work in the iPad selection and the. Displays the fanart. But using the remote does not ?

The thing is if you select a different show to view on the iPad and then Go to the remote view it displays a different fanart to what's been played.

Could you not program it so when you play something it gets the poster fanart and thumb and then when you go to a different view or selection it loads your default wallpaper up ?
(2015-06-21, 15:24)meridius Wrote: Sorry mate I don't understand. Might just me. But if you use the iPad to select the movie or TV show and then go to the remote the fanart works. But if you select the movie or TV show by using the remote view it does not. So I don't really understand what you mean.

So why does it work in the iPad selection and the. Displays the fanart. But using the remote does not ?

The thing is if you select a different show to view on the iPad and then Go to the remote view it displays a different fanart to what's been played.

Could you not program it so when you play something it gets the poster fanart and thumb and then when you go to a different view or selection it loads your default wallpaper up ?

In the remote control view you are just sending commands to Kodi, it's fire and forget. I have no idea what you are doing. I have no idea that if you send an OK to Kodi you are sending an OK to Kodi for selecting a series. Could also be that you are giving an OK command to shutdown. I am not getting feedback from Kodi. Just a message the command was executed successfully (or not).

Of course I can update the current background with what's playing, but because of the blurred image behind the remote control view you can hardly recognise it, so what's the point.
No problem. Ok so how's not using any fanart at all when you use the remote even if you select the show from the iPad and just have your default logo wallpaper and maybe have a fade in and out of a fanart and thumb in the top right so every 3 sec it changes between fanart and thumb ?

Just another question how do you get the poster and thumb infon The remote view would that not be the same for fanart And then use it as a wallpaper ?

Cheers mate just trying to get my head around it.
Bought the pro version yesterday. Thanks for all your work so far! Hope the music view will be awesome too.
(2015-06-21, 15:55)meridius Wrote: No problem. Ok so how's not using any fanart at all when you use the remote even if you select the show from the iPad and just have your default logo wallpaper and maybe have a fade in and out of a fanart and thumb in the top right so every 3 sec it changes between fanart and thumb ?

Just another question how do you get the poster and thumb infon The remote view would that not be the same for fanart And then use it as a wallpaper ?

Cheers mate just trying to get my head around it.

typical developer and designer discussion :-) feels like I am at my work and talking to a manager Big Grin

I am getting info from Kodi every second, because I am asking to. Kodi provides me the info what's playing with info like poster, fan art, overview, season number, rating, etc.
So, yes I have all the needed info. In the remote control view I don't have any issues of not having the needed data. That's also why you see a poster on the left and the fan art on the right.
I could easily set a new background behind the remote control view. no problem, except like I have said before...you hardly recognise it (blurred).

When you are scrolling through Kodi menu with the remote control view, I have no idea what you are doing. Fire and forget...and since the now playing data is not updated I have no idea something changed. I am not getting feedback.
(2015-06-21, 16:14)McYoshi Wrote: Bought the pro version yesterday. Thanks for all your work so far! Hope the music view will be awesome too.

I think so...unless you don't like meridius' design :-)
No problem mate just wanted to ask if it was possible as I am going to try a couple of thing in the remote view and did not want to play about if it was not possible.

Thanks for explaining.
@meridius: the wrong data displayed in the remote control is fixed.
(2015-06-21, 16:38)meridius Wrote: No problem mate just wanted to ask if it was possible as I am going to try a couple of thing in the remote view and did not want to play about if it was not possible.

Thanks for explaining.

I think the whole fading in out of backgrounds for say a movie is a nice additional feature, next to the select your own background from your device.
I was thinking about the ability to select multiple backgrounds and doing a slide show while the movie is selected.
Sounds good a great idea.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8