• 56(current)
Kyra for Kodi
@rschiks I found in latest version 1.5 that if you start a movie and go to remote view and if you for instance stop the movie and want to go back to movie info it will not allow you to do so. You need to scroll through the movie list again and find that particular movie again. Is this a small bug or maybe it is suppose to be like this?
(2015-06-28, 19:17)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks I found in latest version 1.5 that if you start a movie and go to remote view and if you for instance stop the movie and want to go back to movie info it will not allow you to do so. You need to scroll through the movie list again and find that particular movie again. Is this a small bug or maybe it is suppose to be like this?

Can't reproduce the issue. Which movie view are you using? and which remote control view?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-06-28, 19:30)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 19:17)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks I found in latest version 1.5 that if you start a movie and go to remote view and if you for instance stop the movie and want to go back to movie info it will not allow you to do so. You need to scroll through the movie list again and find that particular movie again. Is this a small bug or maybe it is suppose to be like this?

Can't reproduce the issue. Which movie view are you using? and which remote control view?

I have added Movie and Remote button on top view. I use those buttons. It happens when you want to go back from remote view to movie info after that you stopped the movie.
When you go back it only shows fanart
(2015-06-28, 19:34)Goliath2000 Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 19:30)rschiks Wrote:

I have added Movie and Remote button on top view. I use those buttons. It happens when you want to go back from remote view to movie info after that you stopped the movie.
When you go back it only shows fanart

Found it....good catch....I closed the movies screen when entering the remote (when using the top menu bar buttons), which is unnecessary. Changed it in 1.6.
Thanx for reporting it.
(2015-06-28, 18:54)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 18:30)DrJogalog Wrote: Hi.
I have been a long time user of the XBMC Commander app on iOS but unfortunately the developer is no longer maintaining and hasn't for a number of years. Its a very simple app that ticked all the boxes for my use but the recent iOS8.3 update stopped slider bars showing and now google have disabled their 2.0 API, that option no longer works either. So although I still use it to control the Kodi instances in my house with limited features, I have been looking for an alternative for a while.

There are quite a few but most are not very well structured, have limited customisation and are just too complicated and "messy" to be any kind if successor to my current broken option. Now, this is where Kodi Control Centre can fill that gap, I think.

I just need something very simple. I don't use music or live tv and don't options for any fancy plugins etc. i just need an app that can show me the library for movies and tv shows as well as the underlying file structure because "cartoons" are not listed in my library (not very easy to manage old cartoon seasons etc). I need to be able to play any of these files and obviously use the controls to pause, forward and check audio/video options etc. now, this app seems to be able to do all that, I think, and also allows me to customise and options and the display etc. However, I have a few questions before I purchase the application.

Can the app queue videos? ie. A movie is playing and I want to queue up 2 tv shows behind it on the fly. Is this possible as I cannot see any 'queue' selection, only play local or on Kodi etc. If this is possible, can it be done on files that are not in the library and also youtube videos too (from the files list etc)?

I have a number of questions and possibly suggestions too but I just wanted to clarify whether queuing is possible first. The app does look great by the way. Very modern

Thanks in advance.

Edit -I just bought it anyway given the temporary price reduction. :-)

Hi,

Queueing from the files menu is not possible yet....:-)
I have just checked the api and it says that you could also add files to the playlist.

"id": "Playlist.Item",
"type": [
{
"additionalProperties": false,
"properties": {
"file": {
"description": "Path to a file (not a directory) to be added to the playlist",
"required": true,
"type": "string"
}
},
"type": "object"
}

I will add this option for the next version. No problem.
Wow! Thats a quick and great response, Thankyou, it is much appreciated.

I also assume by that response it is already possible to do this for movies and tv shows (and possibly youtube)? Maybe I overlooked the option or it only shows in the purchased version. I'll have another look. Thanks again.
(2015-06-28, 19:45)rschiks Wrote: Found it....good catch....I closed the movies screen when entering the remote (when using the top menu bar buttons), which is unnecessary. Changed it in 1.6.
Thanx for reporting it.
Thanks, no problem at all! Smile
@rschiks

I have another question regarding this app. When you send this app to background and want to go back, it doesn't remember last view! This is actually a drawback since you cant multitask when you have this application running. Isn't there any way you can fix this?
Richard, this is great, thanks!
(2015-06-29, 18:38)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks

I have another question regarding this app. When you send this app to background and want to go back, it doesn't remember last view! This is actually a drawback since you cant multitask when you have this application running. Isn't there any way you can fix this?

Hi,

I have done this for several reasons....memory usage...simplicity.
Since the app is using a lot of memory, the chance of closing the app by the OS or freeing up memory is high. I see this behaviour also with games.
As soon as you open the game again, everything is loaded again, so what's the point.
(2015-06-29, 18:53)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 18:38)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks

Hi,

I have done this for several reasons....memory usage...simplicity.
Since the app is using a lot of memory, the chance of closing the app by the OS or freeing up memory is high. I see this behaviour also by games.
As soon as you open the game again, everything is loaded again, so what's the point.

Oh I see! Thanks for your prompt response. I understand then there is a reason behind this behavior.
Almost done with the custom bottom menu bar....here some new screen shots in action.
I have now a dashboard button as the first button, then the current playing label and stop/play/etc controls, some space and when you scroll left other buttons will appear.

I am thinking of adding different sizes of the current playing label.

Nice features in the custom bottom menu bar Smile keep up the good work!
Is it possible to have none button in bottom menu as well? Smile The reason i'm asking is because I found the remote view as a good alternative solution to this.
(2015-06-29, 19:12)Goliath2000 Wrote: Nice features in the custom bottom menu bar Smile keep up the good work!
Is it possible to have none button in bottom menu as well? Smile The reason i'm asking is because I found the remote view as a good alternative solution to this.

I think you want to use the space for something else? :-)
But no, not right now. With creating the new music view I will keep this option in mind. Since meridius' designs have a different layout anyway, I can do this a lot easier and it won't take a lot of additional time.

And to be honest, I would rather use my time now for the new music view and others than going through every screen and add the additional space. Maybe later.
@rschiks

Exactly! No of course you should definitely put effort to the music view as you already mentioned it! Your priority is definitely correct.
(2015-06-29, 19:32)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks

Exactly! No of course you should definitely put effort to the music view as you already mentioned it! Your priority is definitely correct.

For the new theme (starting with the music view) I will create a seperate settings screen.
Next to changing colours, hiding the volume slider I will also add this option if possible.
And I say possible because meridius designs are full screen. You only have a bottom menu bar. When disabling this....well, you then have a challenge...Big Grin
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8