• 79(current)
Kyra for Kodi
@meridius: got all the gestures and touches working like you described in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2027940.
I now want to see if I can change the gold colours in your images with a custom colour (in case the user defines his/her own colour).
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
excellent , that sounds great. I would have 5 pre-set colours and maybe a user defend colour to.
I can get them colours to you once you start on the new theme view , left me know when you get the info I sent you into the remote and ill start sending some other info to you

hows the gestures touch working out ?
(2015-07-26, 15:29)meridius Wrote: excellent , that sounds great. I would have 5 pre-set colours and maybe a user defend colour to.
I can get them colours to you once you start on the new theme view , left me know when you get the info I sent you into the remote and ill start sending some other info to you

hows the gestures touch working out ?

The gestures and touch are working. I will now create a new empty remote control view and start implementing them so you can test it. i can then later add the theme info to it. Tomorrow I have a whole day for it :-)

Just wondering: is it an idea that when you touch the screen you will see the areas you can move your fingers to (starting where you touched the screen), so you will know how far you have to go to accelerate the selection bar in Kodi and where going to the left/right for example is. You also see this in games. you know exactly where the left/right "button" is.
(of course you can enable/disable it)
Hi. Mm. Don't know as I never really look at the iPad when I scroll but it does Sounds good as long as it's an option but I need to try it out as there are some things you can not discuss untill you try.

I am thinking of using some sort of halo around your own finger so when you drag your finger there is a constant halo around it so it looks like your touching the screen. Does that sound ok ?
Actually I mean something like this under your finger when you touch the screen and it remains there until you lift your finger.

You know then exactly when the selection bar is speeding up because you move to that area.
So would it move to where ever you touched the screen first ? So eg I touched the screen more to the right it would display it there rather than the centre of the screen. ?

As long as it's an option as more advance users like me might not use it. Once I see how it works I could design something for you for your theme and my theme
Exactly!

It can also help when you configure the distance and area for the actions.
Sounds good let me know when you want me to test it.
I will.

I hope that today the new version gets approved. I guess the reviewer thought on friday just change the status already and on Monday I will continue :-)
@meridius how did it go with the flags? Smile Any progress?
I think I have done it with the whole gestures and touch in coding, which results in the screen shot below. The squares are for illustration...not final.

- When screen is touched (square in the middle) you can move to the other squares which results in a defined action for that square.
- If you stay in the white area nothing happens. Also because it's very irritating when moving one pixel to the left and immediately one pixel down two actions are performed. See it as a safe zone.
- The light square is a single action, e.g. one down
- The middle dark square is a repetitive action (slow), e.g. down
- The dark square is a repetitive action (fast), e.g. down
- When moved to the white area the actions are stopped

On top of all this the following is also working:
- Swipe to any direction is movement to that direction
- When touch and immediately lifted is Ok/Select
- Double tap = action
- Two finger single tap = action

I have made everything configurable.

I think when you see the squares you can navigate more precise than when not seeing them. At least I am experiencing it like that. Of course they have to be made a little bit better and not so obvious.

Sounds great Richard can not wait to try it out. If you want any gfx done for your theme let me know.
(2015-07-27, 10:25)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius how did it go with the flags? Smile Any progress?

There are some done but had to sort out some info for Richard as it's not easy trying to get everything in the right place for the new theme but it's getting there.
(2015-07-27, 13:58)meridius Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 10:25)Goliath2000 Wrote: @meridius how did it go with the flags? Smile Any progress?

There are some done but had to sort out some info for Richard as it's not easy trying to get everything in the right place for the new theme but it's getting there.

Cool! I'm glad to hear! Hope everything is going in right direction
Finally!!! Version 1.6 just got approved and should be available on the App Store within the next couple of hours!
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8