• 7(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
(2017-01-04, 21:11)ser_renely Wrote: Do you need to use the 64 bit version of MPC?

Ahhh finally got it to work...sort of Big Grin

great guide, ty

No, but the performance will be improved.
This have served me well for years, but I upgraded to Kodi 17 and have not been able to get it to work. Anyone successfully enable this to work for the latest and greatest kodi?

Thanks
(2017-01-19, 05:08)magicmagni Wrote: This have served me well for years, but I upgraded to Kodi 17 and have not been able to get it to work. Anyone successfully enable this to work for the latest and greatest kodi?

Thanks

It doesn't work at all? Are external players no longer supported? Change any references that mention DVDPlayer with VideoPlayer.
well hopefully I'm just doing something wrong, but yes I did try to update the playercorefactory.xml for the new player. This is what used to work for me when I used to use external player with kodi jarvis (this has been changed for Kryton) Maybe other format is needed? I checked the Wiki,but I think the page might be outdated so not sure.

<playerco<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files(x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
(2017-01-19, 06:10)magicmagni Wrote: well hopefully I'm just doing something wrong, but yes I did try to update the playercorefactory.xml for the new player. This is what used to work for me when I used to use external player with kodi jarvis (this has been changed for Kryton) Maybe other format is needed? I checked the Wiki,but I think the page might be outdated so not sure.

<playerco<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files(x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>

I'd try posting this in the Windows forum. Someone from Team Kodi may see it.

Also, there are typos in what is posted: <playercorefactory></playercorefactory>

Edit: I have a portable installation of Kodi 17 and "Play using -> MPC-HC" works fine. Are you sure you don't have typos in your playercorefactory file?

Maybe the formats entry is the problem because C -> Play using -> MPC-HC works fine.
HA HA how embarrassing. Yes that was it!! I corrected that and now it attempts to play MPC-HC (well I get a black screen, but the native kodi player doesn't play the file anymore so I think that part is ok now). MPC-HC is listed as a option on the contextual menu too so I believe this part is working now. Gonna have to mess with it more. I am using Laucher4Kodi app so that may have something to do with it maybe stealing focus away? I might try to disable that one and see what happens?
(2017-01-19, 21:36)magicmagni Wrote: HA HA how embarrassing. Yes that was it!! I corrected that and now it attempts to play MPC-HC (well I get a black screen, but the native kodi player doesn't play the file anymore so I think that part is ok now). MPC-HC is listed as a option on the contextual menu too so I believe this part is working now. Gonna have to mess with it more. I am using Laucher4Kodi app so that may have something to do with it maybe stealing focus away? I might try to disable that one and see what happens?

Did you add MPC-HC as an external player in Launcher4Kodi (there is a tab in Launcher4Kodi for external players)?
Thanks for your feedback Warner306. Before disabling the Laucher 4kodi app I did what you said. I actually had it in there already, but I cleared it and tried again and it is "working" I put that in quotes because now when exit MPC-HC it goes all rogue and starts the video again over and over. This behaviour only happens when using kodi, but not when using MPC alone it does not. Will have to fiddle around with this, but am open to suggestions. Thanks
Hi,

There are some video files, which are a good way to test, how well a player outputs a video. I want to know, how good the advantage of madvr are?

Greetings Nerto
Sorry for my bad englisch :(
(2017-01-20, 16:44)nerto Wrote: Hi,

There are some video files, which are a good way to test, how well a player outputs a video. I want to know, how good the advantage of madvr are?

Greetings Nerto

I'd suggest trying for yourself. If you care about video quality, then madVR might be for you, provided you have a decent enough graphics card.
(2017-01-20, 06:22)magicmagni Wrote: Thanks for your feedback Warner306. Before disabling the Laucher 4kodi app I did what you said. I actually had it in there already, but I cleared it and tried again and it is "working" I put that in quotes because now when exit MPC-HC it goes all rogue and starts the video again over and over. This behaviour only happens when using kodi, but not when using MPC alone it does not. Will have to fiddle around with this, but am open to suggestions. Thanks

Are there settings to repeat videos in Kodi? I would look for an answer in my Kodi settings rather than the playercorefactory.xml.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I started thinking the same thing because I notice YouTube videos doing the same thing. Did some searching on the forums and found the following suggestion:

Navigate to your list of videos (e.g., Movies, or Videos > Movies, or Videos > Files and drill down to your list of video files)
Click "c" on keyboard to open context menu
Select "Queue item"
Click "c" again
Select "Now playing"
Click left arrow to open left menu
Change "Repeat" to "Off"

It worked!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Warner306. I've been using Kodi for years, but never even knew about this setting.
So hopefully someone can assist. I am trying to set up MPC-HC using Kodi for the first time. I have tested the player as a standalone and it works perfectly using MadVR. However when I try to launch a video in Kodi, the application freezes and nothing launches. Deleting the playercorefactory file fixes the issues and files play as usual. I am using the new Krypton 17 release. I did modify the file to change DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer as instructed, but still have the same issue. I would love to be able to get this working as I had nothing but trouble in DSPlayer and really want to use MadVR. I have pasted my playercorefactory file below.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Sayajin
(2017-02-17, 07:18)Sayajin Wrote: So hopefully someone can assist. I am trying to set up MPC-HC using Kodi for the first time. I have tested the player as a standalone and it works perfectly using MadVR. However when I try to launch a video in Kodi, the application freezes and nothing launches. Deleting the playercorefactory file fixes the issues and files play as usual. I am using the new Krypton 17 release. I did modify the file to change DVDPlayer to VideoPlayer as instructed, but still have the same issue. I would love to be able to get this working as I had nothing but trouble in DSPlayer and really want to use MadVR. I have pasted my playercorefactory file below.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Sayajin

I take that was copied directly from this guide. It used to work with Jarvis DVDPlayer. Perhaps something has changed.

Does C -> Play Using -> MPC-HC work?

Are you sure you installed the 64-bit version of MPC-HC and XySubFilter?

Is your playercorefactory in the right place? It is different if using the Kodi Windows 10 app.

I'm guessing your path to mpc-hc64.exe is wrong. See if you can find the MPC-HC .exe by searching for it manually. It should match the path in the playercorefactory: C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe.
I just tried the script with Kodi Krypton and it's working on my system. Something is not right on your end.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7