• 11(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
I don't know. It should load on the same active display as Kodi.
That's weird. It always display's on my main monitor, not the TV where I have Kodi. I'll see if I can find other settings that might fix the problem.
If it is a focus issue, you could try Launcher4Kodi. In the external players tab, add MPC-BE and set it to focus.
I am still struggling with understanding and writing Playercorefactory.xml files. I am still running 17.6. The wiki makes 85% sense. I've gone through probably a hundred different examples posted and I guess it's square peg / round hole with my brain ...

Problem :  A small few of 3D movies defaulting to VideoPlayer instead of MPC-BE. 
                - 10% default wrong
                - Examples:
                    - Filename that works: Ant-Man.bluray.3d.iso
                      Folder named the exact same name except delete .iso
                    - Filename that does not work: Age of Ultron.bluray.3d
                      Folder named the exact same name except delete .iso

Playercorefactory:
<playercorefactory>
 <players>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\Heinrich\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PDVD.bat</filename>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\Heinrich\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\MPCBE.bat</filename>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*4k.*|.*UHD.*|.*uhd.*|.*uhd.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filename=".*.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="VideoPlayer"/>
    <rule filetypes="3d" player="MPC-BE"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Could I ask you a question? But I'm sure my question will not get a good reply. Wink

I like to do the easiest thing in the world but Shield TV is not able to do it. It's really a disappointing crap.
I shoot UHD videos with a Lumix GH5 (Pal syestem, 50p 8bit, high bitrate) then I export to mp4 from Edius 9.
I put my videos in a external HDD with USB3 port and I like to watch them with Kodi and a good box player. But I'd like to see a good video with good images.  I'm asking too much?
Shield TV gave me a nervous breakdown because it isn't able to do the simplest thing that exists. I don't know, maybe it isn't able to work with Kodi.
I need to use Kodi because it can show all my video titles on one page.
Can you suggest a good box player but ONLY if you are an expert please and if you are already using some box players? THANKS.
I don't have any experience with the 4K Kodi boxes, so I couldn't be of much help. There aren't many to choose from because only a few Kodi platforms support 4K HDR. It should get better over time.
How do i map a key from MPC BE , for example "D" download subtitles to the Kodi command Download Subtitles ? 

I quite don't get it ....
I have a 21:9 Screen . THe OSD of the MPC BE Player is ALWAYS in the black bars. Is there a way to get them into the active screen area ?
You might have to ask in the official MPC-BE forum at Doom9. Did you try setting your device to Digital Projector and using the option in madVR to move the OSD?
(2018-12-27, 15:28)Warner306 Wrote: You might have to ask in the official MPC-BE forum at Doom9. Did you try setting your device to Digital Projector and using the option in madVR to move the OSD?
 Yes I have.

To be Honest , i think it's a Madvr problem ,and not a MPC BE problem.

Sometimes Madvr takes the Black Bars into account , and then it works. However most of the time it doesn't , and then of course it's off limit.
Did you guys see my question up a few ago from 09/26?
I would ask the same question in brazen's thread. I don't use 3D and your rules appear as though they should work. brazen still uses 3D.
Great guide, thanks

All is working well so far, except with my Harmony remote. I followed the guide, downloaded the Excel file, modify the keys within MPC-HC.

On the Harmony remote, if I select the keyboard from devices list, and press x, mpc closes.

On the Harmony remote, if I go to my activity, and press the stop key, on the remote, nothing happens.

So how do I map x from MPC-HC key to the Stop button on the Harmony remote?
That depends on what device you use in the Harmony database. If you use MCE Keyboard, map stop to "X." You must not have it mapped correctly if it is working from devices but not the activity. They must be the same key command. Go back to the button customization screen for the activity.
Thanks Warner306 for your speedy reply.
My understanding from the guide was it was not necessary to customize the button.
This is where I was a little unsure of the process.
I've customized buttons in the past for activities, and I will give that a try this evening.

There are a few buttons on my harmony remote that are already working.
Channel up and down changes the audio delay.
The up and down buttons moves the movie forward and backwards

Again, I thank you.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7