(2018-09-26, 17:15)twinpeaks Wrote:  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*4k.*|.*UHD.*|.*uhd.*|.*uhd.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filename=".*.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="VideoPlayer"/>
    <rule filetypes="3d" player="MPC-BE"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
 Twinpeaks:
I had the same issue playing my 4K movies using external player MPC-HC.
Try the following:

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls|m2ts|iso" filename=".*4k.*|.*UHD.*|.*uhd.*|.*3D.*" player="MPC-BE"> </rule>  
 </rules>

Here's a copy of my file to play 4K movies. They all have either 4K or 2160 in the folder name and in the movie file name.
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
       <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
       <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
       <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
       <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
       <!-- ELJ set watched movies timer for 30 minutes -->
       <playcountminimumtime>1800</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <!-- ELJ add for UHD MKV files, UHD ISO images, UHD Blueray folders -->
    <rule filename=".*4K.*|.*2160.*" filetypes="mkv|iso|bdmv"  player="MPC-HC">    </rule>    
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2019-01-17, 17:45)brochild Wrote: Thanks Warner306 for your speedy reply.
My understanding from the guide was it was not necessary to customize the button.
This is where I was a little unsure of the process.
I've customized buttons in the past for activities, and I will give that a try this evening.

There are a few buttons on my harmony remote that are already working.
Channel up and down changes the audio delay.
The up and down buttons moves the movie forward and backwards

Again, I thank you.
 The activity will populate the commands based on the selected devices, but you still have to customize the buttons for the activity in most cases.
(2019-01-18, 01:07)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-01-17, 17:45)brochild Wrote: Thanks Warner306 for your speedy reply.
My understanding from the guide was it was not necessary to customize the button.
This is where I was a little unsure of the process.
I've customized buttons in the past for activities, and I will give that a try this evening.

There are a few buttons on my harmony remote that are already working.
Channel up and down changes the audio delay.
The up and down buttons moves the movie forward and backwards

Again, I thank you.
 The activity will populate the commands based on the selected devices, but you still have to customize the buttons for the activity in most cases. 
Done and working well
Thanks for your advice and patience.

Now, I'm integrating my 3D movies
I ask for help, in "userdata" I have to create a folder with the name "playercorefactory.xml." or should I just copy and paste all the text on the front page?

<Playercorefactory>
<Players>
<player name = "MPC-HC" ect ect ....
You have to create a file called playercorefactory.xml and place it in the userdata folder. You can use the format provided in the guide.
I can not, maybe I'm missing something, if I do with mouse, couple and paste "<playercorefactory>
<Players>
<player name = "MPC-HC" type = "ExternalPlayer" audio = "false" video = "true">
<filename> C: \ Program Files \ MPC-HC \ mpc-hc64.exe </ filename>
<args> "{1}" / fullscreen / close </ args>
<Hidexbmc> false </ hidexbmc>
<Hideconsole> false </ hideconsole>
<Warpcursor> none </ warpcursor>
<Playcountminimumtime> 1140 </ playcountminimumtime>
</ Player>
</ Players>
<rules action = "prepend">
<rule filetypes = "mkv | avi | divx | ogm | mp4 | mov | m4v | flv | m2v | mpeg | mpg | mts | m2ts | vob | bdmv | iso" player = "MPC-HC">
<rule protocols = "http | https" player = "MPC-HC" />
<rule protocols = "daap | rtv | rtsp | rtmp | rtmpe | rtsp | mms | rtp | pvr" player = "VideoPlayer" />
</ Rule>
</ Rules>
</ Playercorefactory>

and I try to put it in the folder "userdata" does not, maybe I have to write everything with the keyboard manually inside the folder "userdata"?
That doesn't look right at all. You should open Notepad and copy and paste the following text:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Save as playercorefactory.xml and move the notepad file to the userdata folder. You need to install the 64-bit version of MPC-HC for this to work.
Warner, I wrote the text wrong, sorry, however, copy and paste the text inside the "notepad" then rename the notepad in playercorefactory.xml and move the folder in userdata, so it does not work, does not open the external player.
I'm definitely missing something.
I have 64-bit mpc-hc with madvr, and it's working.
I'm definitely wrong about the process to create XML.
then I managed to create the xml folder, but it is different, cppio and paste what you've got, but if control dentr is different, that strange !!!

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<playercorefactory>

-<players>

-<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="MPC-HC">

<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>

</player>

</players>

-<rules action="prepend">

-<rule player="MPC-HC" filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso">

<rule player="MPC-HC" protocols="http|https"/>

<rule player="VideoPlayer" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr"/>

</rule>

</rules>

</playercorefactory>
Are you using the Windows Store version or the regular Windows version? The userdata folder is located in a different place in the Store version.

You should be able to hover over an item and hit C. If the file is working correctly, you should be able to see the player under Play using...
Warner thanks for your patience, I'm using a classic windows version, from the official kodi site, ssd new from the end of january, w10 ok installation, kodi software, mpc-hc, madvr, Lav filter all ok, I understand the process of inserting the XML file, I do not understand why it does not work, I believe that when I create the XML document this makes me an error, in fact if I open the XML document is different from that of your guide, even if I copy and paste it right, what weird.
Can you post the xml here and copy and paste the address from file explorer where you saved it?

Did you try selecting C -> Play using...
So, I'm having a problem that likely stems from a setting in either MPC-HC or MadVR, but not sure which.

I can get a file via KODI, have it launch MPC-HC as an external player in fullscreen, but then nothing.  Making MPC-HC into windowed mode, I can see the title of the file in the title bar, but the file won't play.  It shows Paused [H/W] below the control bar, but the play/pause button won't work wither through clicking it, spacebar, or options along the top.

I think we can exclude KODI as the cause, because it's performing as expected, but I may be wrong.  Any direction on this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated...
https://imgur.com/a/rxPPY8n

if I click "C" the file is opened only by kodi, not by other alternatives like open with mpc.
however if you notice well the xml file that I have in the picture is different as it is written in relation to your xml, and also I cotta and paste it in the right way, but when I open it is set in a different way,
I can not care why !!
You are in Program Files, so you are in the wrong directory.

You want:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7