• 13(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
the thing is strange to me, when I installed kodi, the program was put in "C" / programs (x86) / kodi, the destination is this, what changes?
Nothing is incorrect. That is where program data is stored. It isn't stored in the Program Files directory.
How can I solve? I uninstall kodi and reinstall it in another path that is not "C" programs (x86)?!?
It is already installed correctly. You just need to move the playercorefactory.xml to the userdata folder. Windows programs are designed to work this way. They store user settings in the userdata folder, not in Program Files where user access is denied.
but I can not move the "userdata" folder, the userdata folder is inside the kodi folder which is located in "C" programs (x86).
If you look at the photo I posted the XML placed it in the userdata folder.
I can not find solutions.
Ok Ok I solved, I found the right destination finally, but I have problems, when kodi asks me with which player I want to open the file and choose mpc, there are playback problems and the PC goes crazy, crashes.
I prefer to leave kodi 17.6 for all files and mpc + madvr separate for future HDR files, or I install DSplayer again as I had before in the old ssd, with kodi DSplayer (and madvr) everything was smooth and worked well.
Thanks for the advice and patience.
Is there a way to use MPC-HC for steams from Netflix or Amazon, I see the option for it if i click C then select play using, but it doesn't load the video.  just wanted to see if i am doing something wrong or of this option is not available yet.  this thread does work great for all of my media, much appreciated for sharing the work.

Thanks
No, because MPC can't make use of InputStream Adaptive. That is the only way some video add-ons work correctly in v18.
ok, that makes sense, appreciate the info, Thanks!
=11ptNot sure this is the thread to post this issue, but hoping someone can help.=11ptI am configured and 99% satisfied with using MPC-BE, madVR, LAV filters, and XySubFilter for playing 4K HDR content through Kodi Leia. But I have one last issue – to be able to flag these 4K titles “In Progress” once started. Is there any way to do this? It would not matter if the resume point were accurate. Just having the movie in the In Progress list would be sufficient because the player knows the resume point.=11ptI am also using the Movie Poster application for a digital poster board, and I noticed the app is able to recognize when one of these movies are started (although obviously it is unaware of its progress). It seems reasonable to expect that Kodi can do so as well. I tried the advancedsettings change to <ignoresecondsatstart> to 0, but it only appears to work on files played on the default Kodi player.=11ptHas to be an answer out there.  Maybe at least a feature request?
Sorry about the formatting mess above. Reposted:

I am configured and 99% satisfied with using MPC-BE, madVR, LAV filters, and XySubFilter for playing 4K HDR content through Kodi Leia. But I have one last need – to be able to flag these 4K titles “In Progress” once started. Is there any way to do this? It would not matter if the resume point were accurate. Just having the movie in the In Progress list would be sufficient because the player knows the resume point.

I am also using the Movie Poster application for a digital poster board, and I noticed the app is able to recognize when one of these movies are started (although obviously it is unaware of its progress). It seems reasonable to expect that Kodi can do so as well. I tried the advancedsettings change to <ignoresecondsatstart> to 0, but it only appears to work on files played on the default Kodi player. Has to be an answer out there.  Maybe at least a feature request?
It could be a feature request. Although, I don't think Team Kodi is very responsive to improving external player support. 

I have heard some skins will update the progress, but I don't know which ones. You should ask brazen in his thread in this section. He might know.
(2019-02-11, 20:59)bsweet0us Wrote: So, I'm having a problem that likely stems from a setting in either MPC-HC or MadVR, but not sure which.

I can get a file via KODI, have it launch MPC-HC as an external player in fullscreen, but then nothing.  Making MPC-HC into windowed mode, I can see the title of the file in the title bar, but the file won't play.  It shows Paused [H/W] below the control bar, but the play/pause button won't work wither through clicking it, spacebar, or options along the top.

I think we can exclude KODI as the cause, because it's performing as expected, but I may be wrong.  Any direction on this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated...
 So, as a follow up to this, I have changed the madVR setting to only update the refresh rate when MPC-HC is put into fullscreen mode.  I can launch a file in windowed mode with no issues.  If that file is playing, when I put MPC-HC into fullscreen mode the same issue occurs where the file will pause and I can't unpause it.  I also noticed the info screen (via CTRL+J) doesn't change resolutions when the MPC-HC does or is supposed to.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to when madVR does it's thing, something is causing a disconnect somewhere.

What additional info can I provide or where is a more appropriate place to post this?  Thanks in advance for your help!
Thank you Warner306. You pointed me right to the answer! "In Progress" is handled by the skin, and I really like the Estuary skin, so this is perfect.

I now have Kodi's 'In Progress" working for externally played content!

This was accomplished by editing the XML file 'inprogress_movies.xsp' (found in Program Files -> Kodi -> addons -> skin.estuary -. playlists):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>In-progress movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="lastplayed" operator="inthelast">
    <value>3 weeks</value>
    </rule>

<limit>15</limit>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>

The default Estuary skin now includes external as well internally played movies listed in the order of last played. I've been searching for many weeks for this answer. Got to be more people out there wanting this functionality.
(2019-02-13, 21:11)bsweet0us Wrote:
(2019-02-11, 20:59)bsweet0us Wrote: So, I'm having a problem that likely stems from a setting in either MPC-HC or MadVR, but not sure which.

I can get a file via KODI, have it launch MPC-HC as an external player in fullscreen, but then nothing.  Making MPC-HC into windowed mode, I can see the title of the file in the title bar, but the file won't play.  It shows Paused [H/W] below the control bar, but the play/pause button won't work wither through clicking it, spacebar, or options along the top.

I think we can exclude KODI as the cause, because it's performing as expected, but I may be wrong.  Any direction on this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated...
 So, as a follow up to this, I have changed the madVR setting to only update the refresh rate when MPC-HC is put into fullscreen mode.  I can launch a file in windowed mode with no issues.  If that file is playing, when I put MPC-HC into fullscreen mode the same issue occurs where the file will pause and I can't unpause it.  I also noticed the info screen (via CTRL+J) doesn't change resolutions when the MPC-HC does or is supposed to.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to when madVR does it's thing, something is causing a disconnect somewhere.

What additional info can I provide or where is a more appropriate place to post this?  Thanks in advance for your help! 
I may have seen some similar behavior. Does this also happen when you open MPC-HC outside of Kodi? That is what I am seeing. Some files will not play and some files will play. I think more won't play than will play. That is why I've been using MPC-BE as a substitute. They just open with a paused, black screen.

If it is an issue with MPC-HC, you would have to post here: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175209
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7