• 14(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Is there any way to force 4:3 movies to play with the internal player, instead of MPC-HC? I need to use the nonlinear stretch to 16:9 for 4:3 movies and i cannot find a way to do it with MPC-HC or Madvr...
You could try a rule based on videoaspect 4.3 or add something to the filename of these videos.
So, if i add <rule videoaspect ="1.33" player="VideoPlayer"/> it will do, i mean is that syntax ok?
I don't know how Kodi would read it. Install MediaInfo and read the metadata of the source to find the actual aspect ratio.
I saw in the Wiki (https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players) that it does not use 4:3, instead 1.33 (videoaspect boolean matched against the video aspect ratio, which will be one of 1.33, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20 or 2.35), i have Mediainfo installed and i will check, thanks for the help!
(2019-02-14, 15:16)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 21:11)bsweet0us Wrote:
(2019-02-11, 20:59)bsweet0us Wrote: So, I'm having a problem that likely stems from a setting in either MPC-HC or MadVR, but not sure which.

I can get a file via KODI, have it launch MPC-HC as an external player in fullscreen, but then nothing.  Making MPC-HC into windowed mode, I can see the title of the file in the title bar, but the file won't play.  It shows Paused [H/W] below the control bar, but the play/pause button won't work wither through clicking it, spacebar, or options along the top.

I think we can exclude KODI as the cause, because it's performing as expected, but I may be wrong.  Any direction on this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated...
 So, as a follow up to this, I have changed the madVR setting to only update the refresh rate when MPC-HC is put into fullscreen mode.  I can launch a file in windowed mode with no issues.  If that file is playing, when I put MPC-HC into fullscreen mode the same issue occurs where the file will pause and I can't unpause it.  I also noticed the info screen (via CTRL+J) doesn't change resolutions when the MPC-HC does or is supposed to.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to when madVR does it's thing, something is causing a disconnect somewhere.

What additional info can I provide or where is a more appropriate place to post this?  Thanks in advance for your help!  
I may have seen some similar behavior. Does this also happen when you open MPC-HC outside of Kodi? That is what I am seeing. Some files will not play and some files will play. I think more won't play than will play. That is why I've been using MPC-BE as a substitute. They just open with a paused, black screen.

If it is an issue with MPC-HC, you would have to post here: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175209 
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but yes the same behavior occurs anytime I launch MPC-HC.  I'll give MPC-BE a shot and see if I encounter the same issue.

Thanks for the reply!
Why not to port LAV codec and MadVR inside Kodi for Windows ? Why 4k is terrible slow under Windows coz Kodi use slow ffmpeg for HEVC instead of LAV ?
Why on android is all ok, different optimized decoders for every platform, and totally shits on Windows ?
There is already Kodi DSPlayer, but it isn't supported anymore. madVR is closed-source and Kodi wouldn't be able to support madVR.
Hi,
this is my playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<playcountminimumtime>3600</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

<player name="DVDfab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\DVDFab Player 5\DVDfab player 5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<playcountminimumtime>3600</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|m2ts|mts|ts" player="MPC"/>
<rule filetypes="bdmv|ifo" player="DVDfab"/>
<rule filetypes="mp3|wav|flac" player="PAPlayer" />
</rules> 
</playercorefactory>

If I start a movie, the external player starts up (MPC or DVDFab) but the movie doesn't start. I see the MPC or DVDfab Window and if a start manually the movie then start. I see the window of the external player that opens but no film starts, I can start the film by acting on the manual controls of the player either MPC or DVDFab. What can be the cause of this?
I'm not sure. Does the movie start when you select the title, hit "C" and choose Play Using...
No, also with the contestual menu © is the same. MPC start correctly but the movie don't start. I see the MPC window with MPC logo and nothing else.
If I select the internal player the movie start without problem
Analyzing the Kodi log file I found where the problem lies. My files are on a nas and Kodi sends the following string "nfs: //192.168.100.12/volume1/Movies/movie title/movie title.mkv" "/ fullscreen" "/ close" and with this string the movie does not starts. The right string that works would be "\\nas1\volume1\Movies\movie title\movie title.mkv" "/ fullscreen" "/ close". Do I have to reconfigure my library?
Hmm, maybe external players are only compatible with SMB sharing. Have to experiment, I guess.
Excellent guide!
I just used this to set up MPC on my system and it worked perfectly.

A quick note on the subject of WIFI apps to control KODI and MPC. I use Yatse as a remote for Kodi on an android tablet. I found that it works seamlessly to control MPC as well.
No need to switch apps on the tablet. Play, pause and all the basic transport controls work, and stop exits MPC and returns you to Kodi. It's great.
I'm not sure if there is an iOS version or not but there probably is. I don't have any Apple devices to check.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7