• 16(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Do you mean MPC-HC is loading but the file isn't playing? I've also had that issue. I prefer MPC-BE for that reason; it always loads correctly.

The poster above you proposed a solution, but it didn't work for me.
@Warner306

May I please borrow your wisdom again?

I configured my Kodi installation to exclusively use mpc BE + madVR regardless of file type since the VideoPlayer is not doing it for me (occasional playback stutter). Everything works as intended, including 4K HDR + HD audio.

One small issue remains - I cannot get mpc to display forced subtitles by default without also enabling standard subtitles for all other titles. I downloaded the most recent LAV filters and made sure to tick the box for automatically displaying forced subtitles in Splitter settings. Sure enough, during playback when I look at the Splitter filter it has a check next to the forced subtitles stream. But it won’t actually show them on screen unless I also tick ‘enable’ in subtitle options. This will then also show non-forced subtitles in other files which I don’t want by default.

What am I missing? FYI I don’t use external subtitles, they’re all embedded in mkv files that I rip straight from disc.
Did you check Default track preference under Playback and enter a default language (e.g., eng)?

I usually use XySubFilter, which has an option to only display forced subtitles, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem might be.

In LAV Splitter, the checkbox Deliver only Forced Subtitles should not be checked.
Thanks, I downloaded XySubFilter and everything is working as intended.
What does that mean?
(2019-10-05, 21:34)Krupniulov Wrote: fdjsbg hjhdgh gfgbsdhghvauhvh abubvvug huasgvbug

If you want to keep up this type of messaging, you'll find out where the forum exit is very quickly.
(2019-10-05, 22:47)Warner306 Wrote: What does that mean?
He turned out to be a spammer in his 2nd post.
He will not bother us any longer.
Quick question: I just switched from Kodi DSPlayer to a recent vanilla Kodi with external player. I'm using web-based remotes (Kore and Emby web interface) on my smartphone to play and control my content. While starting and stopping works fine, I cannot seem to make seeking work. I tried different players (MPC-HC, MPC-BE and VLC) and none seem to support seeking. Is this a known limitation of external players in Kodi?
Try Yatse for Android. You need an app specifically designed to control MPC.
Just tried Yatse. It's not able to seek either.
Also, I don't want to use another remote. I'm perfectly fine with casting to Kodi via my Emby mobile app. What I really need is something to map the API calls of Kodi's internal player to the API of the configured external player.
I was exclusively using MPC-BE for 4k HDR and 3D for the past couple years. Earlier this year - March or so, MPC-BE stopped playing 3D. I have gone through the settings, and, yes, I did download the 3D package version extra …. and I fiddle with it for awhile every few weeks but no luck. Anyone have any clues on troubleshooting further?

Power-DVD works just fine on the exact same htpc; but I prefer MPC-BE for the cleaner interface and it more reliably pops to the front and then disappears when it's requested.

Part 2 is that I can't get Power-DVD to execute for 3D, MPC-BE to execute for 4K. 4k works but 3D runs in the internal player (at 2D). I can use PLAY USING but I can't figure out playercorefactory to save my life. I don't think I can have 2 filenames going to 2 different players; so I use filetypes as below. I've fiddled and adjusted this for years. Minor inconvenience but still ….

I think it would be best if I understood the playercorefactory. I have read , searched, and hunted and it's gobbledygook. I don't particularly want someone to just write it for me Smile

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*|.*uhd.*|.*UHD.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls|m2ts|3D"/> player="PowerDVD" />
Did you upgrade your Nvidia drivers at some point? Nvidia no longer installs the 3D Vision driver or supports MVC 3D.

As for your rule, it looks fine to me. Maybe Kodi takes issue with the filename extensions you provided?  Did you try putting the file types rule first? I don't think it makes a difference, but a .bdmv folder should automatically get routed to PowerDVD if Kodi reads the playcorefactory.xml properly. That rule seems very straightforward.
Using the latest nightly of MPC-BE renders 3D perfectly fwiw.  The player has no problem with any files.

Consider your rules:
You are trying to assign MPC-BE for UHD titles using a naming convection in the title and PDVD for 3D using the file types that UHD shares.
The problem is that the triggers you are using for your file names and your file types are shared between each other.

For example:
A bdmv filetype (you are trying to exclude as 3D only) exists in UHD titles also.  This results in a conflict.
The same is true for .mpls and .m2ts files as well. 
None of these rules you are trying to separate are exclusive to UHD or 3D.
Just because you think you are separating UHD from 3D by using a name in the file doesn't mean it won't respond to the type of file it shares with 3D.

In other words, the playercorefactory.xml is confused when you try to play a UHD title because it responds to UHD in the title name but it also wants to respond to the bdmv, mpls, and m2ts file types that 3D shares.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Fair enough, I had the mpls and m2ts in there for folders. Awhile back, I re-ripped what I had as folders into iso. But I deleted all those entries to no avail. What I was seeing under "Play Using" is

MPC-BE (properly defaults for .uhd.4k files such as Arrival.4k.uhd.iso)
VideoPlayer
VideoPlayer
PowerDVD (does not properly default for .3d.bluray files such as Avatar.3d.bluray.ISO)

The first Videoplayer entry defaults for the Avatar file above.

--------------
after more tinkering I got it to work by reversing the filename lines to:

<rule filename=".*.*3d.*|.*3D.*" player="PowerDVD" />
    <rule filename=".*.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*|.*uhd.*|.*UHD.*" player="MPC-BE"/>

In the player definition area, PowerDVD _is_ defined first. 

Now to play with MPC-BE
Hello, I try to use the Netflix plugin and it works perfeclty in Kodi with internal player. But...
I would like to enhance viewing of Netflix with additional video and audio renderers (madVR, DmitriRender, JRiver room correction, ...), hence I need to go through MPC-HC.

So, I try to use it with MPC-HC to open the video stream through the add on's service, but the player says "Failed to render the file".
Settings seems ok since the argument received is something like: http://localhost:7968/manifest?id=81026918 
... and should be the same as the one used by internal player of Kodi whith which it works perfecly well.

I have the same problem with Youtube URLs like "https://r4---sn-cxab5jvh-cg0el.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?expire=1574201891"

I don't understand what's going on. I guess URL must be passed in some specific way to MPC-HC ... or can't be passed as argument.  Can someone help me please?

Thank you in advance!

==============================
playercorefactory.xml
 <playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\Devidin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\startmpchc.bat</filename>
      <args>{1} /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

startmpchc.bat