• 18(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Not sure if this is the right place for this question,   when using the plex app from kodi, and i select a movie that has both a 2k and 4k version to choose from,  no issues when selecting the 2k version, it opens mpc-hc and plays, but if i select the 4k version it open the mpc-hc, but doesn't start.    if i manually click the file in windows for the 4k version it opens mpc-hc and plays.

would this be a config issue with the playercorefactory, or is this an issue with mpc-hc, thoughts?

Thanks!
I'm not sure. You would have to post your complete playercorefactory.xml. It could be that or an issue with MPC-HC.
@Warner306 

Is there a setting somewhere that would allow me to delay playback by a couple of seconds, similar to Kodi's Videoplayer? Occasionally, the movie starts playing before my TV has been able to complete a refresh rate switch. I should add that I'm using MPC-BE in conjunction with madVR.
If you use MPC-BE's refresh rate switcher, you can add a delay with each refresh rate change. That is the only way that I can think of.
Right, I see. I am using madVR to change refresh rates currently but might give mpc a try.

Thanks.
I don't know what to do anymore, today I tried to uninstall BE and put MPC-HC with various changes to the XML file I always have the same problem, going to watch a video for a few minutes and then stopping back to the kodi menu I quickly scroll through the files and click on a film that interests me the pc freezes having to restart the system. I do not think the PC is to be formatted also because if I use the internal player there are no problems. Can there be something to set in the Kodi options? An addon to install? I use Win10 and Kodi 18.7.
Have you tried going back to MPC-BE instead of MPC-HC?
(2020-06-15, 11:41)Warner306 Wrote: Have you tried going back to MPC-BE instead of MPC-HC?

Unfortunately it does it with both software
Thanks for the guide, it made setup very easy.  I'm having an issue with subtitles though.  They just aren't showing up for some reason.  All my subtitles are embedded SRTs in MKVs and usually labelled as UND, ENG or Forced.  When going through the setup, I noticed that XYSubFilter doesn't show up in the filters list when I right-click during playback and navigate to Filters.  Here are my settings, I'm hoping I'm just missing something small.  Any ideas?  

Kodi- 18.6
MPC-HC- 1.95
MadVR- v0.92.17
XYSubFilter- 3.1.0.752
Windows- Windows 10 1803 (OS Build 17.134.1500)
If XySubFilter doesn't show up on the list of filters during playback, it likely isn't installed or isn't installed correctly. Check to see if you installed the 32-bit or 64-bit version. That should match with the 32-bit or 64-bit version of MPC. That is most common mistake made with XySubFilter.

If you downloaded the correct version of XySubFilter, try reinstalling it.
(2020-06-22, 11:02)Warner306 Wrote: If XySubFilter doesn't show up on the list of filters during playback, it likely isn't installed or isn't installed correctly. Check to see if you installed the 32-bit or 64-bit version. That should match with the 32-bit or 64-bit version of MPC. That is most common mistake made with XySubFilter.

If you downloaded the correct version of XySubFilter, try reinstalling it.

I found the issue.  I had the 64 bit version of everything, but after I installed XySubFilter I deleted the folder that contained the files, not realizing it was needed.  After reinstalling and leaving the folder/zip contents in place, I can now see XySubFilter in the Filters menu.
Looks like Nvidia's new 451.48 driver broke madVR HDR functionality? Apparently, they changed HDR behaviour with this updated driver which is likely going to be adopted for new drivers moving forward. Here is hoping Madshi can release a fix.
Yes, I did hear that. Someone posted directly to madshi at another forum. Chances are he will provide a fix in the next build, whenever that might be.
I’m having trouble getting framepacked MKV/MK3Ds to play with MPC-HC.  The movie will play in 2D in windowed mode fine, but if I try to make it fullscreen, I see a black screen for a few seconds, then MPC-HC closes.  I’ve tried so many different option combinations between MPC-HC, madVR and the NVIDIA control panel, that I’ve lost track.  I see in other threads related to 3D playback issues, they recommend downloading external LAV filters and including the optional MVC decoder download.  Is the MVC decoder still not included with the MPC-HC internal 0.74.1.60 LAV filters?  If not, I will have to try that first, but I hadn’t since the thread references internal LAV filters of v0.68.  If it should work with the current internal filters, any suggestions as to what settings to use to make it work?  If I open the movie in Stereoscopic Player, they display in 3D fine.  I’d keep using that method but I’ve never been able to get forced subtitles to work correctly in Stereoscopic Player.  Plus, I’m using MPC-HC for HDR, so I’d like to consolidate and use one player.   

Current Settings:
madvr 3D Settings
madVR Display Mode Settings
madVR General Settings
MPC-HC Video Decoder Settings

Current Versions:
MPC-HC (64-bit) Version 1.9.6 (0bd59bea7)
LAV Filters (MPC-HC Internal) 0.74.1.60
Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134)
madVR v0.92.17
If you are using recent Nvidia drivers, stereo 3D support has been removed by Nvidia. Is that the issue?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7