• 20(current)
Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
Yes it can. MPC-HC and MPC-BE are virtually interchangeable.
Hello everyone
I've been trying to play kodi videos with mpc-hc as an external player for days without success with the playercodefactory.xml file and the variants here exposed for mpc-hc, but I can't make mpc-hc play the videos and not the kodi player, those same files can be played directly in mpc-hc or kodi, but I can't do it as an external kodi player..does this work on kodi leia too?
I am using kodi leia 18 on windows 10- 64bits,intel i7-7700 processor, gpu nvidia gtx730, and this is the playercodefactory i am using

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name = "MPC-HC" type = "ExternalPlayer" audio = "false" video = "true">
<filename> "C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" </filename>
<args> "{1}" / fullscreen / close </args>
<hidexbmc> false </hidexbmc>
<hideconsole> false </hideconsole>
<warpcursor> none </warpcursor>
< playcountminimumtime> 1140 </playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action = "prepend">
<rule filetypes = "mkv | avi | divx | ogm | mp4 | mov | m4v | flv | m2v | mpeg | mpg | mts | m2ts | vob | bdmv | iso "player =" MPC-HC ">
<protocolos de reglas = "http | https" player = "MPC-HC" />
<protocolos de reglas = "daap | rtv | rtsp | rtmp | rtmpe | rtsp | mms | rtp | pvr" player = "DVDPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I would greatly appreciate any help! thanks in advance.
This line looks suspect:

<filename> "C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" </filename>

Why did you install the 64-bit build of MPC-HC in the 32-bit Program Files folder? Is that file path correct?

Or maybe it has something to do with you using the K-Lite Codec Pack version of the player, which is never recommended. 

Also, these lines are misspelled and should be translated to English (And the internal Kodi player is named "VideoPlayer", not "DVDPlayer"):

<protocolos de reglas = "http | https" player = "MPC-HC" />
<protocolos de reglas = "daap | rtv | rtsp | rtmp | rtmpe | rtsp | mms | rtp | pvr" player = "DVDPlayer" />

Review the original example posted in the guide.
Yes, I saw that error after posting my problem before your answer. I reinstalled the k-lite codepack with the 2 versions and now I don't know which version is the one you suggest is not recommended. In regards to, "VideoPlayer not DVDPlayer " I just copy the playercodefactory file as it is uploaded here and I just add the path, I will change what is not written in English and I will try. I appreciate your collaboration and thank you very much.
It worked! the mpc-hc 64bits that comes inside of the k-lite package I placing in program files, I had tried this before and it didn't work for me because some lines were in Spanish....again I appreciate your support.
When I jump ahead on the timeline the player hangs for quite awhile before playback resumes, and sometimes it just freezes entirely. Is there a way to make this better?
Try lowering your madVR settings? Check your network performance to ensure you are getting Gigabit speeds?

Reduce the number of frames presented in advance in the madVR control panel (lower GPU/CPU queues; reduce # of frames presented in advance)?
Having an odd issue with 4k files (Radeon 5700xt), if i open directly via MPC-HC (Mouse click) the HDR plays correctly for hdr tone mapping, but if i open the same 4k movie via Kodi (plex app), it plays washed out for the hdr tone mapping.  working to narrow down the root cause, just wanted to ask if anyone has had similar issue?
If you are using native Kodi with DSPlayer, it is likely the build of Kodi you are using doesn't support HDR passthrough.

This guide deals with using MPC to play all content, including HDR videos.
It is via mpc-hc as the external player for all media from Kodi via plex app. in doing more research it appears it is the way kodi opens the movie in mpc-hc, by default the movie title name from kodi is "file.m2ts", so it doesn't send the flag for madvr to turn on hdr tone mapping ".hdr=on."  

example file name - Avengers.Endgame.2019.2160p.hdr=on.m2ts , opens in mpc-hc as file.m2ts, so madvr doesn't read the flag to do the tone mapping for hdr.

looking for other ways to work thru this, not luck at the moment.
Sorry This post written by mistake
Hi, does anyone know why when I play a 4k HDR file and go back to kodi all the menus are dark? I have to reset Kodi to get the menus back to normal.

Thanks
(2020-12-07, 21:20)dseto Wrote: It is via mpc-hc as the external player for all media from Kodi via plex app. in doing more research it appears it is the way kodi opens the movie in mpc-hc, by default the movie title name from kodi is "file.m2ts", so it doesn't send the flag for madvr to turn on hdr tone mapping ".hdr=on."  

example file name - Avengers.Endgame.2019.2160p.hdr=on.m2ts , opens in mpc-hc as file.m2ts, so madvr doesn't read the flag to do the tone mapping for hdr.

looking for other ways to work thru this, not luck at the moment.
After driver updates (took a long time to research) and removing ffdshow, no longer have issue. kodi (via plex app)has madvr in mpc-hc open all hdr content correctly now.
(2020-12-28, 18:27)hyabusha Wrote: Hi, does anyone know why when I play a 4k HDR file and go back to kodi all the menus are dark? I have to reset Kodi to get the menus back to normal.

Thanks

Sorry i don't know myself, i send my files to external player.  AMD or Nvidia?
(2021-01-11, 02:54)dseto Wrote:
(2020-12-28, 18:27)hyabusha Wrote: Hi, does anyone know why when I play a 4k HDR file and go back to kodi all the menus are dark? I have to reset Kodi to get the menus back to normal.

Thanks

Sorry i don't know myself, i send my files to external player.  AMD or Nvidia?
I fixed It by changing the Nvidia dynamic range to limited.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7