• 20(current)
Kodi Animation thread
Sound effect great, but its not in sync at all and dont think it suits the animation. But the sound effect itself is great with eyes closed Smile
The Sam is back! Big Grin

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments!

@ 65pippo: I finally watched your version with audio, I agree with uNiversal, the audio FX doesn't fit with the animation in a few moments, but I think a few small changes can really make it awesome, the sounds you used are very good quality. Feel free to try again or try with other animations if you like.

So, following past ideas and suggestions, I tried making a bunch of new animations based on the first folding idea, while trying to make it simpler and easy (no strong flashes, not too fast), flatter (smaller file sizes, no compression artifacts, better for gifs) and a few variations, that means: black & white versions, straight & loop versions, horizontal & vertical align versions, and a long version (for other purposes aside for intro, but it can be used there as well). I also tried some audio FX on the long version, just an idea for now.

Straight variations are 5 sec. around 1MB.
Loop variations are 4 sec. around 1MB.
Long variation is 12 sec. around 3MB with audio.
All videos are 1080p 30fps.

Here's the black ones:

Black / Horizontal / Loop
DOWNLOAD

Black / Horizontal / Straight
DOWNLOAD

Black / Vertical / Loop
DOWNLOAD

Black / Vertical / Straight
DOWNLOAD

Black / Long version with audio
DOWNLOAD
White:

White / Horizontal / Loop
DOWNLOAD

White / Horizontal / Straight
DOWNLOAD

White / Vertical / Loop
DOWNLOAD

White / Vertical / Straight
DOWNLOAD

White / Long version with audio
DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
I think the first four looks blurry, I assume this is an intended motion effect? However it's how to put it, distracting maybe? I do love the the last one, really beatiful Smile
me too Wink
@ paxxi: Thanks! Uhm... you mean the 1080p video, the gif or both? They don't look blurry to me, except when the rotation/fast movements occurs, if you mean that then yes that's an intended motion effect Smile
nice ones - I'm not sure about the sound effects though. They seem to be pretty high tone all over the animation - might be better if only the final "jingle" has higher tones like now.
love them all Smile What software do you use samfisher? AE?
Sam! Good to see your latest work. A suggestion: for the loop animations, could you rearrange the sequence as such:
1) single diamond
2) spread to four triangles
3) fold to show X
4) fold to show K
5) collapse to single diamond, and spin

I think it'll have a snappier feel.
@ da-anda: thanks! Yeah I'm not sure either, it was just a first try. I used med-high tones and avoid low ones to make it sound good on tv and tablets too, but yeah it could start with lower tones and go higher at the end. I think we need a unique "jingle" for Kodi.

@ Jeroen: lot of different softwares, yes AE too Smile

@321liftoff: Well I did try something like arrows>X>K but I still prefer X>arrows>K.
Black / Long version with audio is AMAZING!!! Big Grin Big Grin Looks very professional (which we know you are). I would be proud and honoured to have that on my setup. well done and thanks Samfisher. just need popcornmix to set up a guide to add that to the fastest selling hardware for Kodi (RPi 2) (at start screen) then when everyone else gets jelous it will force kodi to add it HAHAHA, great job Smile
@samfisher - how does it look like if you do the fold from X to arrows durinig the rotation and not seperate folding and rotation (on the flat animations)? (don't need to render it but maybe give it a shot as previz in your animation software and just say "might work" or "meeeeh")
(2015-02-07, 18:29)da-anda Wrote: @samfisher - how does it look like if you do the fold from X to arrows durinig the rotation and not seperate folding and rotation (on the flat animations)? (don't need to render it but maybe give it a shot as previz in your animation software and just say "might work" or "meeeeh")

Great idea, like centripetal force!
@MediaPi: glad you like it Smile

@da-anda: For the purpose of making it shorter? Ok I tried, yes it "might work" if it's not too fast (so the rotation should be slower than now), otherwise "meeeeh", you can easily miss what's happening if it's too fast, especially when using the front camera on black version. I also use the fast rotation to "hide" the fact that 2 of the 4 triangles are different once the rotation ends, so working that out with both folding and rotation at the same time could be tricky, and look weird, maybe.
Can you please make one with WHITE at start and BLACK at the end?
This is the (white) bootsplash for my WeTek Play: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jmTZkxgxrrE/maxresdefault.jpg
and my skin-bg is black Wink
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8