• 34(current)
Kodi Animation thread
Kodi is on fire!

Kodi Animation 11A (10sec)

Kodi Animation 11B (10sec)

Enjoy!
I like to a request a "Matrix" animation to match the Kodi v19 codename

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-19-gets-codename

Would maybe be best if the animation was only in the spirit of the Matrix movie animation and not be an exact clone/replica so that no one gets into trouble due to copyright violations.

Any takers?
(2019-05-10, 12:24)RockerC Wrote: I like to a request a "Matrix" animation to match the Kodi v19 codename

Would maybe be best if the animation was only in the spirit of the Matrix movie animation and not be an exact clone/replica so that no one gets into trouble due to copyright violations.

Any takers?
I already made what you're asking Smile
That screenshot is taken from an early version of the animation itself.
I'll release it when it's time!
(2019-05-10, 21:45)samfisher Wrote:
(2019-05-10, 12:24)RockerC Wrote: I like to a request a "Matrix" animation to match the Kodi v19 codename

Any takers?
I already made what you're asking Smile
That screenshot is taken from an early version of the animation itself.
I'll release it when it's time! 
Is it time yet? Big Grin
@"HomeTheatreGuru" Very soon!

But before that I'm starting another series of Animations:
Kodi Screensavers!

I'm starting with something very simple and relaxing, a rotating glass Kodi Logo.
First version is just blue, second version is multiple colors. Videos should loop perfectly.

Kodi Screensaver Animation 1A (180sec)

Kodi Screensaver Animation 1B (180sec)

Enjoy!
And it's finally time for a Kodi Halloween Wallpaper & Animation!

Here's the animation:

Kodi Logo Animation 31A (30sec)

You can find the wallpaper here

Enjoy!
It's that time of the year again!
I wasn't really in the mood, but then snow arrived and I finally got some good inspiration!
I had to make this video in a rush, but luckily I made it in time.

Kodi Logo Animation 25A (30sec)

Enjoy the video and your winter holidays!
Awesome once more, I love the hat-animation, very subtle... Less is more! Smile Love
It's still winter so I just made a very icy and cold Kodi Animation Smile

Kodi Logo Animation 12A (10sec)

Enjoy!
Here's a new Kodi Screensaver Animation using my motherboard wallpaper.

Kodi Screensaver Animation 2A (240sec)

Enjoy!
(2020-04-08, 10:59)samfisher Wrote: Here's a new Kodi Screensaver Animation using my motherboard wallpaper.

Kodi Screensaver Animation 2A (240sec)

Enjoy!

I love this one, very colorful. Thank you for sharing
(2019-04-17, 07:43)snoopyjoe Wrote: Hi everyone, I've been following this thread for a while now. Samfisher's videos are the best! I've made an addon that will play any video, song, playlist or run a python script at startup. Well technically upon login since run at startup was removed from the service addons. It comes with one of @samfisher video as a default video. Hope this makes it easy for some to add a startup video when their skin does not have that option.

Boot video addon

Hey snoopy, thanks for this addon.
I've tried it out. But the problem is that the video is start playing when iam already on my kodi home screen. But it should load bevore i can see my home screen. Maybe there is a way to do that?

@samfisher: Thanks a lot for all your nice kodi intros! They are A+

I saw that you've created some specially for OSMC and LibreElec.
Maybe there is any chance that you also make one for Nvidia Shield TV user? Something modern and futuristic like the 5A with the blue laser effects. This is my alltime favorit.
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2020-07-23, 00:46)OrbS82User Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 07:43)snoopyjoe Wrote: Hi everyone, I've been following this thread for a while now. Samfisher's videos are the best! I've made an addon that will play any video, song, playlist or run a python script at startup. Well technically upon login since run at startup was removed from the service addons. It comes with one of @samfisher video as a default video. Hope this makes it easy for some to add a startup video when their skin does not have that option.

Boot video addon

Hey snoopy, thanks for this addon.
I've tried it out. But the problem is that the video is start playing when iam already on my kodi home screen. But it should load bevore i can see my home screen. Maybe there is a way to do that?

@samfisher: Thanks a lot for all your nice kodi intros! They are A+

I saw that you've created some specially for OSMC and LibreElec.
Maybe there is any chance that you also make one for Nvidia Shield TV user? Something modern and futuristic like the 5A with the blue laser effects. This is my alltime favorit.

I tried finding a way to detect the splash screen, but all service addons don't start until after Kodi has started. The best thing would be an addon that can modify the startup.xml in the skin folder. Adding lines in the xml file isn't hard, but not every skin has the startup.xml written in the same way.
(2020-07-23, 20:17)snoopyjoe Wrote: I tried finding a way to detect the splash screen, but all service addons don't start until after Kodi has started. The best thing would be an addon that can modify the startup.xml in the skin folder. Adding lines in the xml file isn't hard, but not every skin has the startup.xml written in the same way.

Hey snoopy, thanks for your answer.

Iam using MQ7 and i can see that there is a startup.xml file in the addon folder. What would you write inside for preventing that the intro video is start playing after the skin is already there?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2020-07-24, 16:45)OrbS82User Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 20:17)snoopyjoe Wrote: I tried finding a way to detect the splash screen, but all service addons don't start until after Kodi has started. The best thing would be an addon that can modify the startup.xml in the skin folder. Adding lines in the xml file isn't hard, but not every skin has the startup.xml written in the same way.

Hey snoopy, thanks for your answer.

Iam using MQ7 and i can see that there is a startup.xml file in the addon folder. What would you write inside for preventing that the intro video is start playing after the skin is already there?

Something like...
<onload>AlarmClock(StartupDelay,PlayMedia(VIDEO LOCATION),00:00,silent)</onload>
This would allow the Kodi splash screen to appear. Then since the skin is loaded next, the boot video you choose would load immediately after checking the startup.xml.

If you look at the Unfussy skin I modified, I have a similar line in the startup.xml. Its difference is that it looks for the location based off the input from the skin settings.
Unfussy MOD
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8