Launch Live TV straight to last viewed channel
How can I have Kodi automatically start Live TV on the last channel viewed when I press the Live TV button I setup on my harmony remote? Also, I am wondering if this same button can automatically go back to LiveTV when watching a recording.

I know you can have Live TV autostart on the last channel at startup...but I don't want it to do that.

Is this possible? Does anyone have this setup? Please, help a sista out.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
The only way I got this working for me was to use Eventghost. Eventghost would read in my key presses and then if it determined I pressed the Live TV button on my remote it would send a JSON command to xbmc. The command was Input.ExecuteAction(playpvrtv).

See this post.

Action IDs

FYI, I am on windows 7, using Eventghost as my control server software combined with a Tivo Slide Pro remote (only good RF remote I've found)
you could use the actions PlayPVR, PlayPVRTV or PlayPVRRadio. see http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#Actions

add something like this to the global section of your keyboard.xml or remote.xml:

Code:
<yourkey>PlayPVR</yourkey>
What is the difference between PlayPVR and PlayPVRTV? PlayPVRTV sounds like what I want.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
PlayPVR continues playback of either TV or Radio depending on which you've played last.
And PlayPVRTV just goes straight to TV?
yep that's right
Cool beans, thanks dude. My parents can finally stop complaining about how the Verizon box can just shoot straight to LiveTV lol. I wonder why the keymap editor add-on for XBMC doesn't have an option to set stuff for PlayPVR. Smile
its actually under settings, INTERFACE, startup, perform on startup, play tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch Live TV straight to last viewed channel0