• 4(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2014-12-09, 04:37)dkaneva Wrote: Nice work! Two questions for you:

1) Is there any way to disable the info/navigation bar at the top of the screen, that shows the time and media totals in the movies/music/tv shows screens?
2) Is there an easy way to change menu scrolling so the highlighted item is always in the middle and not the far left side on the screen?

Thank you for your time.

1) The next version will have an option to hide the weather/clock from the home screen. No plans to add an option to hide the navigation bar in the media views though.

2) For the main menu, the focused item will stay in the middle if the Default horizontal list setting is used. If you're referring to the home screen widgets, the focused item will be staying on the left for now. I'll look to see if it would work to have a fixed list for the widgets.
Love the skin!

I cant seem to get my music catalogue to scrape. I've pointed to the file folder on my NAS but its not populating in Library mode. I can only access my music in file manager style. Any suggestions?
(2014-12-09, 05:19)bryanbrazil Wrote:

1) Is there any way to disable the info/navigation bar at the top of the screen, that shows the time and media totals in the movies/music/tv shows screens?
2) Is there an easy way to change menu scrolling so the highlighted item is always in the middle and not the far left side on the screen?

Thank you for your time.

1) The next version will have an option to hide the weather/clock from the home screen. No plans to add an option to hide the navigation bar in the media views though.

2) For the main menu, the focused item will stay in the middle if the Default horizontal list setting is used. If you're referring to the home screen widgets, the focused item will be staying on the left for now. I'll look to see if it would work to have a fixed list for the widgets.

Awesome thanks! Is it possible to have the middle item focused in media views as well? Like in the main menu?
Is there a way to change the default icons for movie and music genres?
Do you know off hand which xml file has the main control for that nav bar so I can delete it?
(2014-12-09, 05:25)chuckleach Wrote: Love the skin!

I cant seem to get my music catalogue to scrape. I've pointed to the file folder on my NAS but its not populating in Library mode. I can only access my music in file manager style. Any suggestions?

After you've added your music source, have you tried the "Scan item to library" option in the context menu for your music folder? Not sure what else to suggest.

(2014-12-09, 05:33)dkaneva Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 05:19)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Thank you for your time.

Awesome thanks! Is it possible to have the middle item focused in media views as well? Like in the main menu?
And one last question. Is there a way to change the default icons for movie and music genres?

Not sure what you mean by having the middle item focused in the media views. In BannerInfo the middle item stays selected, but it wouldn't work for other views like Icon and Infowall, etc.

I removed the options to set genre icons and fanart. Genre windows will be limited to simple lists for this skin.
(2014-12-09, 05:51)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 05:25)chuckleach Wrote: Love the skin!

After you've added your music source, have you tried the "Scan item to library" option in the context menu for your music folder? Not sure what else to suggest.

(2014-12-09, 05:33)dkaneva Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 05:19)bryanbrazil Wrote: 1) The next version will have an option to hide the weather/clock from the home screen. No plans to add an option to hide the navigation bar in the media views though.

And one last question. Is there a way to change the default icons for movie and music genres?

Not sure what you mean by having the middle item focused in the media views. In BannerInfo the middle item stays selected, but it wouldn't work for other views like Icon and Infowall, etc.

I removed the options to set genre icons and fanart. Genre windows will be limited to simple lists for this skin.

In panel view, the selectable file is always on the far left. Was wondering if it could be changed to function like the main menu, where the selectable item is centered. That's what I meant.

Thanks again!
(2014-12-09, 06:44)dkaneva Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 05:51)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 05:33)dkaneva Wrote: Awesome thanks! Is it possible to have the middle item focused in media views as well? Like in the main menu?

In panel view, the selectable file is always on the far left. Was wondering if it could be changed to function like the main menu, where the selectable item is centered. That's what I meant.

Thanks again!

Ah, ok. Open up View_505_Panel.xml and look for the focusposition tag. Change its value from 0 to 1 and reload the skin.
Best skin ever used together with kodi fast and great to look at thanks for it
Amazing work!
Request: Could it be possible to add Buffering % when a video is loading? Streams addons like YouTube usually buffers video quite a bit prior to playing it, but in this skin I don't know what buffer percentage has loaded because the OSD only states "Paused".
(2014-12-09, 18:50)baruchin Wrote: Amazing work!
Request: Could it be possible to add Buffering % when a video is loading? Streams addons like YouTube usually buffers video quite a bit prior to playing it, but in this skin I don't know what buffer percentage has loaded because the OSD only states "Paused".

Will do. I inadvertently removed the buffer texture and didn't notice as I don't use any streaming addons.
Looks great!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-12-09, 19:28)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Will do. I inadvertently removed the buffer texture and didn't notice as I don't use any streaming addons.

Can you try the latest git? I added back in a progresscache control. It doesn't display the percentage, but it will graphically display the cached amount like it does in Aeon Nox 5. Is this sufficient?
(2014-12-10, 06:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Can you try the latest git? I added back in a progresscache control. It doesn't display the percentage, but it will graphically display the cached amount like it does in Aeon Nox 5. Is this sufficient?

I will, first thing in the morning. I'll let you know if that works for me.
(2014-12-10, 06:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:

I already tested it.
I'm sorry to say that still seems kind of confusing. Visually it looks quite good, but not very practical. Although, I don't know where the actual % number would fit there. If you could fit the % value in a way that doesn't break the aesthetics, it would be awesome, if not, I guess that we'll have to deal with only a progress bar.
Thank you bryanbrazil!
Thanks for the great skin.
One request if possible, add an option to set a global background. This is a very useful for devices like RPi.
After refocus, it became my favorite skin. Thank you very much for this super work
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9