• 33(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
I just got the update and it seems to break the widget edit to keep it persistant. Re editing the xml doesnt seem to work now. Is there any way to get it back in the new update? Thanks
(2015-02-03, 00:59)jrock600 Wrote: I just got the update and it seems to break the widget edit to keep it persistant. Re editing the xml doesnt seem to work now. Is there any way to get it back in the new update? Thanks
There is now a skin setting to display the widgets all the time. Check Skin Settings - > Home.
(2014-12-10, 22:26)baruchin Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 06:12)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 19:28)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will do. I inadvertently removed the buffer texture and didn't notice as I don't use any streaming addons.

Can you try the latest git? I added back in a progresscache control. It doesn't display the percentage, but it will graphically display the cached amount like it does in Aeon Nox 5. Is this sufficient?
I already tested it.
I'm sorry to say that still seems kind of confusing. Visually it looks quite good, but not very practical. Although, I don't know where the actual % number would fit there. If you could fit the % value in a way that doesn't break the aesthetics, it would be awesome, if not, I guess that we'll have to deal with only a progress bar.
Thank you bryanbrazil!

Love this skin in many ways. But the lack of buffering percentage is a killer. Can't tell if video is loading quickly or not.....the buffering percentage gives you an idea how long it will take.

Matt
(2015-02-03, 01:16)mhodgson6 Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 22:26)baruchin Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 06:12)bryanbrazil Wrote: Can you try the latest git? I added back in a progresscache control. It doesn't display the percentage, but it will graphically display the cached amount like it does in Aeon Nox 5. Is this sufficient?
I already tested it.
I'm sorry to say that still seems kind of confusing. Visually it looks quite good, but not very practical. Although, I don't know where the actual % number would fit there. If you could fit the % value in a way that doesn't break the aesthetics, it would be awesome, if not, I guess that we'll have to deal with only a progress bar.
Thank you bryanbrazil!

Love this skin in many ways. But the lack of buffering percentage is a killer. Can't tell if video is loading quickly or not.....the buffering percentage gives you an idea how long it will take.

Matt
I added a progress cache bar that I thought showed the buffering amount. Are you not seeing this, or do you also want the percentage displayed in a label?

All of my media is local, but I've tested it with the Sports Illustrated video addon, etc.
First of all, thanks for the work, this may be my favourite Helix skin in most respects. Yeah, I see the cache bar, but I do think the percentage label is a very useful piece of info. For non-local content (and us folk with fast but not lightning fast internet), it gives an immediate indication as to whether the video is going to quickly load and play or whether you have to go make dinner while it buffers, as it crawls along at 6%. Lol.
(2015-02-03, 01:34)mhodgson6 Wrote: First of all, thanks for the work, this may be my favourite Helix skin in most respects. Yeah, I see the cache bar, but I do think the percentage label is a very useful piece of info. For non-local content (and us folk with fast but not lightning fast internet), it gives an immediate indication as to whether the video is going to quickly load and play or whether you have to go make dinner while it buffers, as it crawls along at 6%. Lol.
Do you have an example of a skin that does a good job of displaying the buffering percentage? Looking for something to copy, lol.
Good old Aeon Nox puts it right in the progress bar. Simple and unobtrusive.
(2015-02-03, 01:49)mhodgson6 Wrote: Good old Aeon Nox puts it right in the progress bar. Simple and unobtrusive.

Checked Nox 5, but it doesn't show the cache percentage. Must be in an earlier version?

I tried adding Player.CacheLevel to the seek bar, but it just shows 93 or so when playing online media. Not very valuable IMO, the visual indicator of the cache progress bar seems sufficient.

Unless I'm missing something, I'll probably leave the progress bars as-is.
^ It does show it IF it's buffering. But only then.
(2015-02-03, 07:41)deletedpenguin Wrote: ^ It does show it IF it's buffering. But only then.

Thanks for pointing that out, I guess I've never experienced any buffering. I see now I removed the seeking variable that is in Nox 5. Will add that back in, but it will mean tweaking the pause indicator.
(2015-02-03, 01:08)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 00:59)jrock600 Wrote: I just got the update and it seems to break the widget edit to keep it persistant. Re editing the xml doesnt seem to work now. Is there any way to get it back in the new update? Thanks
There is now a skin setting to display the widgets all the time. Check Skin Settings - > Home.

I cannot seem to locate the option to display the widgets all of the time. I check Skin Settings - > Home window but cannot see any way to keep the widgets on the home screen.

This is the only thing holding me back from using this skin!

Edit: Nevermind...I got the latest version from Github and the option is there.
(2015-01-28, 02:23)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will definitely add AM/PM, will try other options too.

Update: Ok, AM/PM added to current/end times in the progress bars and bottom bar.

Can't see any difference on my end (latest git), maybe because we don't use AM/PM here but 24 hour format? Could you try adding words or maybe tell me where to insert them so I could try it myself? Again, thank you so much for your work!
Raspberry Pi 2 B / OpeneELEC
(2015-02-03, 11:57)Scott00007 Wrote: Edit: Nevermind...I got the latest version from Github and the option is there.

Oops, you're right. Only available on git at the moment.
(2015-02-03, 13:32)doeppi Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 02:23)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will definitely add AM/PM, will try other options too.

Update: Ok, AM/PM added to current/end times in the progress bars and bottom bar.

Can't see any difference on my end (latest git), maybe because we don't use AM/PM here but 24 hour format? Could you try adding words or maybe tell me where to insert them so I could try it myself? Again, thank you so much for your work!
I'm in the middle of reworking that whole area... stay tuned.
(2015-02-01, 02:04)bryanbrazil Wrote: Mimic 1.0.3 has been accepted to the repo, should show up for you soon.

Here are a couple of fixes now available on github (will be in version 1.0.4):

(2015-01-24, 20:11)mac1202 Wrote: Hi, really nice theme, good looking, light on cpu usage but still highly configurable.
I add just a little problem with it, the widget doesn't show until i press the up key and give them the focus. I search everywhere and didn't find an option about it. It is the intended behavior or i had a problem with my setup.
Rearranged the home screen widgets and added a skin setting to always display them rather than have to press up from the main menu. I still recommend hiding them initially as the transition between widget types is not very smooth.

(2015-01-25, 19:51)mac1202 Wrote: Ok, maybe you should add information about that on the first post to avoid new people asking the same question.
Another little problem your theme crop the cover of my game in advanced launcher.
two example :
ideally the big picture on the right shouldnt be croped and have the same aspect as the little on the left of the game title.
I changed how the thumbnails are displayed for Files and Addons. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Nice thanks you now game cover are displayed properly.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9