14 RC3 on Kodibuntu with GT620 - Occasioanl hiccups in playback
In short: I cannot help you. No chance to workaround shortcomings of the Virtualization.

Concerning the R5-240: That was a bad buying decision, as its open source support in your software stack is not yet ready. You have no VDPAU in your setup, so no hw acceleration at all, everything is CPU accelerated.

The 60hz bug is already open at bugs.freedesktop.org - has nothing to do with kodi, it's a kernel bug. I told you before: No, not this card - but yeah, now you have it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-17, 09:06)fritsch Wrote: In short: I cannot help you. No chance to workaround shortcomings of the Virtualization.

Concerning the R5-240: That was a bad buying decision, as its open source support in your software stack is not yet ready. You have no VDPAU in your setup, so no hw acceleration at all, everything is CPU accelerated.

The 60hz bug is already open at bugs.freedesktop.org - has nothing to do with kodi, it's a kernel bug. I told you before: No, not this card - but yeah, now you have it.

Would a newer R7-250 be better (Newer GCN architecture) or would that make matters worse? It looks like hardware decode of Mpeg4 is working, CPU use for 40mbit MPEG4 content is unwatchable and cripples the cpu unless VPDAU is enabled. The card is actually an R5-230 (Rebrand of HD-6450).
I'm using this ISO: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/kodibunt...x_i386.iso
that at least ships vdpau ...

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

sudo apt-get install vdpauinfo

DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit

No a R7-250 is absolutely useless for xbmc. Your nvidia was fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9554433/
all fine. good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
14 RC3 on Kodibuntu with GT620 - Occasioanl hiccups in playback0