• 25(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-02-01, 16:01)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: Hi,
this new build #0131 doesn't work with WiFi, only wired Ethernet works.
It still crashes while ripping CD.
This is my crashlog
http://sprunge.us/AAJG

/Claudio

No issues with wifi here.

RPi: B+
Adapter: NetGear, A6100 [Realtek RTL8811AU]
(2015-02-01, 17:26)Patrics83 Wrote:
(2015-02-01, 16:01)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: Hi,
this new build #0131 doesn't work with WiFi, only wired Ethernet works.
It still crashes while ripping CD.
This is my crashlog
http://sprunge.us/AAJG

/Claudio

No issues with wifi here.

RPi: B+
Adapter: NetGear, A6100 [Realtek RTL8811AU]

Actually this matter was much more complex than what appears to be.
After experiencing the problem, I tried to rollback, thus I installed #0130 and WiFi didn't work either,
thus I rolled back to Openelec 4.95.5 and, surprise surprise, no WiFi either
I restarted my WiFi router, nothing.
I updated Openelec to 5.0.0 via wired Ethernet, still WiFi not OK
I did try again, by selecting my WiFi in Openelec Menu, then select connect, manually insert WPA key again, nothing,
please note that my WiFi had a star in the GUI, so that Openelec seemed to know that this was in use, still nothing.
Then I rebooted without Ethernet, tried to enable Wifi via Openelec menu, this time rather than "Idle", the GUI said "failed"
Then I rebooted again, and this time WiFi started working.
At this time, I loaded #0131 once again, and it finally worked with WiFi.

I use a RPi B+ with adapter Edimax nano.
New OpenELEC I****** build: #0201
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.5 #1 PREEMPT Sun Feb 1 21:02:56 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 30 2015 18:25:11
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d6e004c61a7a749897c482c860d0b2c28196437e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150201210214-r20173-g5693e5e [Build #0201]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001597.279: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5693e5ed, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6d106e9a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC kodi-001-helix_rpb_backports patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (f6e7505b)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (b2dc0354)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (8489520f)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Exclude kodi-102-dont_really_depend_on_SDL_image.patch: No longer required
  • Include d6f4bebf: new package: libsquish
  • Include patch: Use our own texturepacker
  • Include patch: Fix build patch for kodi-pvr-addons
  • Include PR:422: Fixes for RPi users, and keeping recording list up to date. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Include PR:6246: [pvr] Improve PVR startup time
Build Highlights:
  1. Improve runtime in video library
  2. Add playcount to JSON-RPC "AudioLibrary.setSongDetails"
  3. Various other Kodi fixes
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • fix render order for addon dialogs (PR:6305, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dvdplayer: avoid ffmpeg hw decoder reset on recoverable error (PR:6311, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Mips port (PR:5570, 8 commits, 15 files changed)
    • Improve runtime in video library (PR:5789, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • JSON-RPC: Add playcount to "AudioLibrary.setSongDetails" and scrobble-like options (PR:5906, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: avoid unwanted dropping in output stage of video (PR:6312, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] reduce code duplication (PR:6303, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] Add related parts to music OSD (PR:6310, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [depends] - fixes which allow building for android on osx mashines (PR:6275, 11 commits, 11 files changed)
    • Remove xrandr from application (PR:6209, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] textbox fixes after 20dd190 (465e91ca)
    • [win32] update .gitignore (81d59d22)
    • [win32] - bump texturepacker to 1.0.1 ( contains pr #6301 ) (4387ea81)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse, I ordered a Raspi 2 today. It's already on it's way. When will your builds support the new model?

http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/
Probably with tonight's build, I think. I'll continue to use my own config until the RPi2 project is added to the OpenELEC github.

I'm hoping to have one release post cover both Pi1 and Pi2, as in theory they should be identical, and that it won't be necessary to have a separate thread for Pi1 and Pi2 but we'll see how that goes - if there's a lot of device specific noise then the decision may have to be revisited.

I've reorganised the FTP server a bit, with RPi and RPi2 sub folders, so Leopolds Update addon may require a tweak.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Does your build have the audio fix for low voice volume in 5.1 movies when using 2.0 (as in tv speakers)?. Miappa's builds have them, but i'd like to switch to openelec and that fix is essential to me.
(2015-02-02, 16:29)Fraludio Wrote: Does your build have the audio fix for low voice volume in 5.1 movies when using 2.0 (as in tv speakers)?. Miappa's builds have them, but i'd like to switch to openelec and that fix is essential to me.

You mean "Boost centre channel when downmixing"? Yes, that's included.
(2015-02-02, 16:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 16:29)Fraludio Wrote: Does your build have the audio fix for low voice volume in 5.1 movies when using 2.0 (as in tv speakers)?. Miappa's builds have them, but i'd like to switch to openelec and that fix is essential to me.

You mean "Boost centre channel when downmixing"? Yes, that's included.

Thanks.
(2015-01-31, 18:13)delinend Wrote: Hmm.. I can't get this setting to work anymore, in my advancedsettings.xml. Thumbnails over FTP Huh

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>
  <ftp>
    <remotethumbs>true</remotethumbs>
  </ftp>
</advancedsettings>

Btw. I can see on my FTP server, that all *.tbn images are downloaded, but not showen in Kodi. And my advancedsettings.xml is placed in /storage/.kodi/userdata/

The setting is still working fine, on last Windows Kodi 15.0-Alpha GIT: 20150130. So this issue is a RPI related.

Best regards

Anyone have an idea, whats wrong with this setting ?

Best regards
(2015-02-02, 21:19)delinend Wrote: Btw. I can see on my FTP server, that all *.tbn images are downloaded, but not showen in Kodi. And my advancedsettings.xml is placed in /storage/.kodi/userdata/

So the thumbnails are being downloaded, but are they being successfully cached (ie. written to the Thumbnails folder and Textures13.db)?

There's nothing new in build #0131 that immediately stands out as being a likely culprit....
Thank's for your great builds btw ;-)

This is my first touch to/with openelec and update - and for the moment your build works fine for me.
Miappa makes no ups in the future - and OSMC is not on a efficient stand (for me).

In the future - openelec and your builds have a secure existence?
Well, the Rpi B (+) is vintage :-)

Yours sincerely
*doldi*
(2015-02-02, 21:55)doldi Wrote: In the future - openelec and your builds have a secure existence?
Well, the Rpi B (+) is vintage :-)

If I stop creating them and nobody else steps up, then worst case you just go back to official releases or official nightlies (if they're being built, they come and they go).

OpenELEC isn't going away for the foreseeable future, and I'm sure the Pi1 will be supported for another couple of years at least.
(2015-02-02, 15:31)Milhouse Wrote: I've reorganised the FTP server a bit, with RPi and RPi2 sub folders, so Leopolds Update addon may require a tweak.
The URL is now updated in version 3.9.0.
I've also added a script for those that like to run from the command line. It's at /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/download.py
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
Many thanks!
Quote:New OpenELEC I****** build: #0121
Commits no longer in build:
  • [omxplayer] Don't propagate 3d flags based on supported 3d modes (a3477be9)
  • [graphics] Don't set stereo mode based on resolution (84edb8d1)
  • [graphics] Allow switching to a more suitable 3D resolution (08feb31d)
  • [3D] Support switching to 3D resolutions (ad1fe59c)
  • [graphics] Make pixel ratio for 3d modes consistent (89246c25)
@popcornmix Is there any chance that these could be brought back until you rework it (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1900426)? These were pretty useful with 3D content, at least the fourth.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112