Ember not saving info?
Ember is not saving the info. After scraping and choosing the poster, artwork, etc and clicking ok, nothing happens. It's like I didn't save it or something.

I don't know where the debug log is or I'd be happy to post it. I'm using 1.4.0.7 x86.
69 views and no comments? Is this a really newbie question or something? I'm happy to post a debug log if someone can help me find it.
This question has been answered 1000 times! Just read the instructions in the download thread.
Same problem, and i cant find the info you are referring to in the download threat. "(Re)srape movie" and "change movie" results in no changes in a fresh installation.
Unless i go in manually and reset it myself by deleting everything except the movie and scrape the movie that way.

Any help or pointers to this information would be welcome.
Why no one can see this big, red and bold letters in download thread....
Install VLC x86 with ActiveX plugin.
Thnx for pointing it out, i reinstalled VLC and it seems to work now. I installed the 64bit version... *facepalm
It also changed the behavior on the program, seeing it doesn't ask me to pick out a specific background/poster/etc on every movie, nice one that was driving me nuts!
Maybe we should modify the installer of Ember to only allow installation/update if an installed VLC player is found on user machine - but on the other hand it's written in download thread in bold letters, so there's no excuse I guess Wink
Thank you, I am sorry to be that stupid newbie x 1000 to ask. I had it installed without the activeX plugin.

Apologies.

(2014-12-18, 22:49)Cocotus Wrote: Maybe we should modify the installer of Ember to only allow installation/update if an installed VLC player is found on user machine - but on the other hand it's written in download thread in bold letters, so there's no excuse I guess Wink
The excuse is, I'm an idiot. Smile
I started using ember again, because couchpotato was getting on my nervous Smile
It seems a lot more stable now (no random fatal errors), non the less one of my fav managers.
[deleted]
Why exactly is VLC and the plugin a requirement? I can guess it might be used to embed video into the app or perhaps even scrape some basic metadata but I can't reconcile that with being a requirement. Is this because it is a direct reference in the project and thus requires to be used? Can it not be optional and loaded using reflection? I might be missing something which means this plugin would be an absolute requirement.

Please excuse my ignorance, it's been a while since I've been involved in EMM, I'm a bit behind the times and can't find the info anywhere else.

I also notice I'm still on the Beta Testers credits in the about dialog of Ember. I would have though credit should go to all those helping to improve Ember, not us old fudders who helped in the early days Smile
(2014-12-30, 15:09)FidoFuz Wrote: Why exactly is VLC and the plugin a requirement? I can guess it might be used to embed video into the app or perhaps even scrape some basic metadata but I can't reconcile that with being a requirement. Is this because it is a direct reference in the project and thus requires to be used? Can it not be optional and loaded using reflection? I might be missing something which means this plugin would be an absolute requirement.

Please excuse my ignorance, it's been a while since I've been involved in EMM, I'm a bit behind the times and can't find the info anywhere else.

I also notice I'm still on the Beta Testers credits in the about dialog of Ember. I would have though credit should go to all those helping to improve Ember, not us old fudders who helped in the early days Smile

Yes, the ActiveX plugin is directly used in Ember in the "Edit Movie" and "Download Trailer" dialogs.
No, it's not optional in beta atm, but
yes, it will be optional (or another solution for previews) in final version or maybe in one of the next betas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember not saving info?0