• 4(current)
Headless Kodi
Hi!

I get this error on make install

Code:
Copying kodi binary to /opt/kodi-helix-headless/lib/kodi/
install: cannot stat ‘kodi-xrandr’: No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1

all I can find in the root is xbmc-xrandr.c but not kodi-xrandr. I think i got all deps...am I missing something?
Code:
xbmc@NASTY:~/kodi-helix-headless$ find . -name xbmc-xrandr*
./xbmc-xrandr.c
xbmc@NASTY:~/kodi-helix-headless$ find . -name kodi-xrandr*

Comping on Mythbuntu 14.04 64bit if that helps

Cheers!
Working within a Debian Jail on FreeNAS 9.3 Big Grin
(No GUI, configured with sparklyballs options)
(2015-01-06, 05:33)wyild1 Wrote: Hi!

I get this error on make install

Code:
Copying kodi binary to /opt/kodi-helix-headless/lib/kodi/
install: cannot stat ‘kodi-xrandr’: No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1

all I can find in the root is xbmc-xrandr.c but not kodi-xrandr. I think i got all deps...am I missing something?
Code:
xbmc@NASTY:~/kodi-helix-headless$ find . -name xbmc-xrandr*
./xbmc-xrandr.c
xbmc@NASTY:~/kodi-helix-headless$ find . -name kodi-xrandr*

Comping on Mythbuntu 14.04 64bit if that helps

Cheers!

shot in the dark... rename it to kodi-xrandr?
no, there must have been an error during compilation.
(2015-01-06, 13:28)wsnipex Wrote: no, there must have been an error during compilation.

Yup looks like your right. I didnt see it right away as the error happened on one job, but i had -j4 going so it wasnt the last thing that failed.

Here is the error. I have to go to work so i will look at recompiling after work.

Code:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp: In member function ‘void PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::PushCecKeypress(const cec_keypress&)’:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:865:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_TOP_MENU’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_TOP_MENU:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:869:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_DVD_MENU’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_DVD_MENU:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1070:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER_ENTRY_MODE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER_ENTRY_MODE:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1071:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER11’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER11:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1072:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER12’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER12:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1073:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_BROADCAST_TYPE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_BROADCAST_TYPE:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1074:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_SOUND_PRESENTATION’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_SOUND_PRESENTATION:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp: In member function ‘void PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::SetConfigurationFromSettings()’:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1291:35: error: ‘CEC_CLIENT_VERSION_2_2_0’ was not declared in this scope
   m_configuration.clientVersion = CEC_CLIENT_VERSION_2_2_0;
                                   ^
In file included from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIControl.h:30:0,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIControlGroup.h:28,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIWindow.h:31,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIDialog.h:28,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/dialogs/GUIDialogKaiToast.h:23,
                 from PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:29:
/home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h: At global scope:
/home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h:288:150: warning: ‘g_graphicsContext’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
XBMC_GLOBAL(CGraphicContext,g_graphicsContext);
                                                                                                                                                      ^
make[1]: *** [PeripheralCecAdapter.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/peripherals/devices/peripheral-devices.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I am guessing the steps to compile XBMC/Kodi from source are the same ones to use for this right?

Cheers!
(2015-01-06, 15:13)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 13:28)wsnipex Wrote: no, there must have been an error during compilation.

Yup looks like your right. I didnt see it right away as the error happened on one job, but i had -j4 going so it wasnt the last thing that failed.

Here is the error. I have to go to work so i will look at recompiling after work.

Code:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp: In member function ‘void PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::PushCecKeypress(const cec_keypress&)’:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:865:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_TOP_MENU’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_TOP_MENU:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:869:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_DVD_MENU’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_DVD_MENU:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1070:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER_ENTRY_MODE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER_ENTRY_MODE:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1071:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER11’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER11:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1072:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER12’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_NUMBER12:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1073:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_BROADCAST_TYPE’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_BROADCAST_TYPE:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1074:8: error: ‘CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_SOUND_PRESENTATION’ was not declared in this scope
   case CEC_USER_CONTROL_CODE_SELECT_SOUND_PRESENTATION:
        ^
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp: In member function ‘void PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::SetConfigurationFromSettings()’:
PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:1291:35: error: ‘CEC_CLIENT_VERSION_2_2_0’ was not declared in this scope
   m_configuration.clientVersion = CEC_CLIENT_VERSION_2_2_0;
                                   ^
In file included from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIControl.h:30:0,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIControlGroup.h:28,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIWindow.h:31,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GUIDialog.h:28,
                 from /home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/dialogs/GUIDialogKaiToast.h:23,
                 from PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp:29:
/home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h: At global scope:
/home/xbmc/kodi-helix-headless/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h:288:150: warning: ‘g_graphicsContext’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
XBMC_GLOBAL(CGraphicContext,g_graphicsContext);
                                                                                                                                                      ^
make[1]: *** [PeripheralCecAdapter.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/peripherals/devices/peripheral-devices.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I am guessing the steps to compile XBMC/Kodi from source are the same ones to use for this right?

Cheers!

that's a dependency issue with libcec, two fixes i know of (there are probably others, and these may not be the best options out there) , get the right dep or just add the follwing to configure stage

Code:
--disable-libcec
Or somebody fix the darn configure as should have been done in the first place (i did point it out on several occasions).
(2015-01-06, 15:18)sparklyballs Wrote: that's a dependency issue with libcec, two fixes i know of (there are probably others, and these may not be the best options out there) , get the right dep or just add the follwing to configure stage

Code:
--disable-libcec

Yup that was it! Thanks! it compiled and started. Will do more testing later
Sweet. Have it running just great now. Thanks for all the work! This will work great on my new NAS build
I'm trying to get this working on OpenMediaVault

How about adding a "--disable-gui" switch for "configure"?
With this on, all GUI-stuff can be disabled, like libcec, gl, libdrm-dev etc. and don't have to be installed on a NAS for compiling.

And: We need a Webinterface with all the settings. But thats another area Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-01-07, 21:23)Solo0815 Wrote: I'm trying to get this working on OpenMediaVault

How about adding a "--disable-gui" switch for "configure"?
With this on, all GUI-stuff can be disabled, like libcec, gl, libdrm-dev etc. and don't have to be installed on a NAS for compiling.

And: We need a Webinterface with all the settings. But thats another area Wink

i use these disables/enables for unraid nas.

Code:
./configure \
--enable-nfs \
--enable-upnp \
--enable-ssh \
--enable-libbluray \
--disable-debug \
--disable-vdpau \
--disable-vaapi \
--disable-crystalhd \
--disable-vdadecoder \
--disable-vtbdecoder \
--disable-openmax \
--disable-joystick \
--disable-rsxs \
--disable-projectm \
--disable-rtmp \
--disable-airplay \
--disable-airtunes \
--disable-dvdcss \
--disable-optical-drive \
--disable-libusb \
--disable-libcec \
--disable-libmp3lame \
--disable-libcap \
--disable-udev \
--disable-libvorbisenc \
--disable-asap-codec \
--disable-afpclient \
--disable-goom \
--disable-fishbmc \
--disable-spectrum \
--disable-waveform \
--disable-avahi \
--disable-non-free \
--disable-texturepacker \
--disable-pulse \
--disable-dbus \
--disable-alsa \
--disable-hal \
I used the same disables/enables to compile it. The headless Kodi compiled fine in a VM. I want to run the compiled version on my OMV-Server (Debian Wheezy). What packages need to be installed?
The "old XBMC-Library-Scanner" ran out of the box after compiling in the VM and copying to the Server. I don't want to install 87346 packages just for Kodi-headless Angel
Thx

PS: Can someone make a docker container for Debian out of it?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-01-08, 10:26)Solo0815 Wrote: I used the same disables/enables to compile it. The headless Kodi compiled fine in a VM. I want to run the compiled version on my OMV-Server (Debian Wheezy). What packages need to be installed?
The "old XBMC-Library-Scanner" ran out of the box after compiling in the VM and copying to the Server. I don't want to install 87346 packages just for Kodi-headless Angel
Thx

PS: Can someone make a docker container for Debian out of it?

if you're just looking for a kodi-headless server install in a docker , i have them based on ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04.
Do you have a guide to create a docker container out of the compile?
Maybe you can also provide me a DL link, so that I can try your containers on Debian wheezy?
Thx
(2015-01-08, 16:27)Solo0815 Wrote: Do you have a guide to create a docker container out of the compile?
Maybe you can also provide me a DL link, so that I can try your containers on Debian wheezy?
Thx

Code:
# set base os
FROM debian:wheezy
ENV DEBIAN_FRONTEND noninteractive
# Set correct environment variables
ENV HOME /root

# Install KODI build dependencies
RUN apt-get update && \
apt-get install libdrm-dev automake autopoint bison build-essential ccache cmake curl cvs default-jre fp-compiler gawk gdc gettext git-core gperf libasound2-dev libass-dev libavcodec-dev libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libbluetooth-dev libbluray-dev libbluray1 libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libbz2-dev libcap-dev libcdio-dev libcec-dev libcec1 libcrystalhd-dev libcrystalhd3 libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libcwiid-dev libcwiid1 libdbus-1-dev libenca-dev libflac-dev libfontconfig-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libglew-dev libiso9660-dev libjasper-dev libjpeg-dev libltdl-dev liblzo2-dev libmad0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libmp3lame-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmpeg3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libnfs-dev libogg-dev libpcre3-dev libplist-dev libpng-dev libpostproc-dev libpulse-dev libsamplerate-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libshairport-dev libsmbclient-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh-dev libssl-dev libswscale-dev libtiff-dev libtinyxml-dev libtool libudev-dev libusb-dev libva-dev libva-egl1 libva-tpi1 libvdpau-dev libvorbisenc2 libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev libyajl-dev mesa-utils nasm pmount python-dev python-imaging python-sqlite swig unzip yasm zip zlib1g-dev wget supervisor -y && \

wget http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/lookaside/pkgs/taglib/taglib-1.8.tar.gz/dcb8bd1b756f2843e18b1fdf3aaeee15/taglib-1.8.tar.gz && \
tar xzf taglib-1.8.tar.gz && \
cd taglib-1.8 && \
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_RELEASE_TYPE=Release . && \
make && \
make install && \
cd / && \
# Main git source
git clone https://github.com/topfs2/xbmc.git && \
cd xbmc && \
# checkout branch/tag
git checkout helix_headless && \
# Configure, make, clean.
./bootstrap && \
./configure \
--enable-nfs \
--enable-upnp \
--enable-ssh \
--enable-libbluray \
--disable-debug \
--disable-vdpau \
--disable-vaapi \
--disable-crystalhd \
--disable-vdadecoder \
--disable-vtbdecoder \
--disable-openmax \
--disable-joystick \
--disable-rsxs \
--disable-projectm \
--disable-rtmp \
--disable-airplay \
--disable-airtunes \
--disable-dvdcss \
--disable-optical-drive \
--disable-libusb \
--disable-libcec \
--disable-libmp3lame \
--disable-libcap \
--disable-udev \
--disable-libvorbisenc \
--disable-asap-codec \
--disable-afpclient \
--disable-goom \
--disable-fishbmc \
--disable-spectrum \
--disable-waveform \
--disable-avahi \
--disable-non-free \
--disable-texturepacker \
--disable-pulse \
--disable-dbus \
--disable-alsa \
--disable-hal \
--prefix=/opt/kodi-server && \
make && \
make install && \
apt-get purge --remove -y automake autopoint build-essential wget git-core bison cmake curl gawk gdc ccache curl && \
apt-get autoremove -y && \
rm -rf /xbmc

RUN echo "[supervisord]" >> /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf && \
echo "nodaemon=true" >> /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf && \
echo "[program:kodi-server]" >> /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf && \
echo "command=/opt/kodi-server/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --nolirc --headless -p" >> /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf
EXPOSE 9777/udp 80/tcp
ENTRYPOINT ["/usr/bin/supervisord"]

give this a whirl, it's an all in one dockerfile, builds in wheezy.

you'll need to provide an advancedsettings.xml with your mysql details in, config is /opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data, port is 80 (you'll probably need to remap) it throws up some error about clementine, but the webui works, that's as far as i've tested.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headless Kodi5