Solved (wrong) movie set information stays in nfo, Kodi sorts wrong
Hi,

I tried Tiny the last days and found 1-2 interesting bugs:

if you scrape your archive with "force best match" it's inevitable that a few movie will be scraped wrong. Don't get me wrong, Tinys detection ist great! Manually corrected the movies in Tiny everything seems fine, but if the previously wrong scraped movie belonged to an automatically detected movie set, the information stays in the meanwhile corrected .nfo. Kodi will sort the movie at the alphabetical character the previous movie set had begun.

Example:
Movie in archive named: "Toedliche.Weihnachten.1996.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264"...
will be recognized as: "Froehliche Weihnachten" (*g) and belongs to a movie set with a similar name.

Manually rescraped you get the correct movie: correct title, correct posters, fanart, correctly sorted in the Tiny list. You think everythings fine.
But Kodi won't sort this film at "T" for "Toedliche Weihnachten". Kodi sorts it at "F", because ...

<movie>
<title>Tödliche Weihnachten</title>
<originaltitle>The Long Kiss Goodnight</originaltitle>
<set>Fröhliche Weihnachten Filmreihe</set>
<sorttitle>Fröhliche Weihnachten Filmreihe01</sorttitle>

<rating>6.5</rating>
<year>1996</year>
<top250></top250>
<votes>52</votes>

The old information is still in the .nfo.

There's no doubt, I got almost 20 of these "errors" and had to investigate Wink. After manually removing these two lines the movie will be sorted in Kodi correctly.

Another similar bug:

A movie called "7 Zwerge" is correctly scraped by Tiny. There are sequels, but you don't like em. So you delete manually the movie set. Unfortunately this movieset-information stays further in the .nfo. And unfortunately this needless movieset is called "Seven dwarfs".
=> Kodi will sort "7 Zwerge" at "S"

<movie>
<title>7 Zwerge - Männer allein im Wald</title>
<originaltitle>7 Zwerge - Männer allein im Wald</originaltitle>
<set>Seven Dwarfs Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Seven Dwarfs Collection01</sorttitle>
<rating>5.9</rating>
<year>2004</year>

manually deleted these two lines Kodi will sort the movie correctly.

Dawn of the dead Kodi will sort with "L" for Living dead ..., ...

maybe you could fix these issues Wink. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the report.
I've found a bug when removing the movie set information within the movie editor Wink

it is fixed in 2.6.5
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
thx, I'll take a look when it's public Smile
it works, thank you.

three great suggestions:

* if you delete a movieset in TMM, all the nfos of the movies in there should automatically be cleaned. I deleted a movie set, saw in TMM the empty movie-set entry in one movie und thought, everythings ok. But it wasn't, the old movie-set information (sort title etc) was still there, so the movie was still sorted wrong. It would be great, if all belonging movie-nfos would be automatically updated when deleting a movie-set.

* right click, context menu on a movie > "edit nfo manually" to open nfo in editor - would often help a lot

* a button next to the search line to clear the typed in search string - without you have to clear all typed in words manually (with vnc/teamviewer no fun)
1) no clue how you did this, but I've added some more points to write the NFO; I hope this helps
2) well, as said in 1), the NFO is often rewritten and your changes will be overwritten in this case. You can go to the movie folder (link in the movie view) and open the NFO yourself.
3) we are doing some redesigning. I will put in your suggestion there

thanks
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2015-01-13, 20:45)mlaggner Wrote: 1) no clue how you did this, but I've added some more points to write the NFO; I hope this helps
try it by yourself, this bug is still there. If you delete a movieset in tmm, the nfos of the movies before in there will NOT be cleaned. They still carry the information of the previously deleted movie set.
You have to delete the movie-set information in the nfos by open them in an editor. OR: NEU SCHREIBEN via context menu. Would be great, if the nfos would automatically be corrected & rewritten in this case.
(2015-01-18, 21:47)romeon Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 20:45)mlaggner Wrote: 1) no clue how you did this, but I've added some more points to write the NFO; I hope this helps
try it by yourself, this bug is still there. If you delete a movieset in tmm, the nfos of the movies before in there will NOT be cleaned. They still carry the information of the previously deleted movie set.
You have to delete the movie-set information in the nfos by open them in an editor. OR: NEU SCHREIBEN via context menu. Would be great, if the nfos would automatically be corrected & rewritten in this case.

Yes, I can confirm that removing a movieset (eg rmb on the set's name) in TMM 2.6.5 does not edit the nfo's of the movies contained within that set.
Of course, editing the movieset, highlighting and removing the movie(s), then removing the movieset, works ok... as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(wrong) movie set information stays in nfo, Kodi sorts wrong0