Live TV from Mediaportal
Hi

I have two Raspberry Pi’s. One is running the new Kodi release, the other is still on XBMC 13.2

On both I have installed the mediaportal PVR add-on selecting ffmpg. Whilst on XBMC I can now watch live SD and HD TV, on Kodi I can only watch HD TV. On this system, SD TV is in sound only. But on both systems, I can play recorded SD TV programs as well as those in HD

Both systems have the same licensed Codecs

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why SD Live TV is missing on Kodi but not XBMC 13.2?

Thanks, Tom
Have you tried to switch to TS-Reader instead of ffmpeg when using Kodi?
There seems to be a problem concerning rtmp & Co. that appeared with Kodi v14rc3 and is patched within the current v14.1rc1, so maybe your RPi-Kodi also suffers from that.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2015-01-05, 14:50)Fry7 Wrote: Have you tried to switch to TS-Reader instead of ffmpeg when using Kodi?
There seems to be a problem concerning rtmp & Co. that appeared with Kodi v14rc3 and is patched within the current v14.1rc1, so maybe your RPi-Kodi also suffers from that.

Thanks Fry7. I tried TS-Reader first as it is the default. But each time I tried to view a TV channel, the message "Cannot access c:\programdata\team media...." was displayed. On Win7, I then specifically shared the folder c:\programdata\team mediaportal for both read/write. But this made no difference. It was then that I tried ffmpeg which works fine on the Pi with XBMC 13.2 but not fully on Kodi

Tom
You need to configure two shares, one for recordings, one for timeshift:

- create 2 shares on your MePo-server, f.e. 'Rec' and 'TS' on D:\PVR, assuming there is a D:\ with sufficient space on it, give them appropriate NTFS and sharing rights
- go to your 'TV-Server Configuration-tool -> Recording -> Folders' and set your new share 'Rec' there by browsing it
- the same needs to be done for your timeshift-folder ('Timeshifting -> Folders' = 'TS').
- restart the MePo TV-Server-service and again go to the TV-Server Configuration-tool: you should then see inside the config of the 'TVServerXMBC-plugin' under 'Shares' those new UNC-paths

If the configuration of the shares is ok, you'll be able to use TS-Reader instead of ffmpeg after configuring your addon accordingly.

Btw: if you are already running a fileserver and your TVServer is connected to it by ethernet or better, you could also create those shares there.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thanks for you help Fry7. I would just like to check with you further for confirmation. In the newly installed TV Server/XBMC plugin on Win7, there are already paths set up automatically for Recording and timeshifting. Although under Timeshift Paths it just lists the 3 tuners. But elsewhere in TV Server,under timeshifting,it lists a timeshifting path and says "same timeshift path for all cards". The timeshift path is under c:\programdata\team mediaportal..... which Kodi says it can't access. Are you saying that I need to do something extra above this?

Thanks again for your help
As I said, best way would be if you'd simply set up two new folders, share them and configure them inside the TV-server-configuration tool under 'Recording' and 'Timeshifting'.
Setting them for all cards would be fine.

One thing I forgot, though: you must* configure the Windows service for TV-Server to not start as LocalSystem, but as a user that can access those shares!

If you already have a fileserver and the machine running your TV-Server is connected to this fileserver by at least FastEthernet, you can also put those shares there, but the user starting the TV-Service must then have r/w-access to them.

EDIT:
* if this Windows service runs as LocalSystem and the given shares (let's say \\tvserver\PVR\Rec & \\tvserver\PVR\TS) are hosted on a remote fileserver, then Kodi won't be able to access them!
Also, sharing those folders NEEDS to be done if not only the TV-Server itself, but also RemoteClients are meant to use TSReader, because a channel that is started will write its TS-stream into this shared folder, and that file is what the remote client will try to read.
Bye,
Fry
Thanks again Fry7. Working now

The Pi with Kodi is now performing as the one with the older release of XBMC. Interestingly, the HD channels both live and recorded are excellent but the live SD streaming channels are without video and the recordings are significantly out of synch.

However, I am going to ignore that for the time being as I have other things to turn my time to

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV from Mediaportal0