Win Kodi Hanging on Library Update Scan
Greetings all-

Background:
- Running Kodi 14.0 on an Intel i5 based home-built HTPC.
- Running Windows 8.1 Pro
- Kodi is used exclusively for playing movies and TV stored on a WHS 2011 server.
- Both are connected to the home LAN via wired connections.
- Using SMB to connect Kodi to the server folders.
- No issues playing back any content.
- Verified credentials on both the server and the HTPC.

Issue:
- Recently, Kodi has an extreme delay when scanning for library updates. It will eventually scan but it takes several minutes. Occasionally, it will behave normally and complete the scan in less than 2 minutes, but this is increasingly rare.
Based on the debug log, this appears to be an authentication issue, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

13:21:04 T:8156 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\TREADSTONE\MEDIA" with username "MOTV" and with password. Error code: 1219
13:21:04 T:8156 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\TREADSTONE\MEDIA" with username "MOTV" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
13:21:04 T:8156 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.

This message is repeated hundreds of times throughout the debug log.

Any advice, suggestions, ideas?

Full log here.
I too am beginning to get this message.

I just recently exported my library to multiple files. I am wondering if this is having some unintended consequences.
Ok, figured this one out for myself, when I was exporting I set a share with a userid/password pair for read write. Then I edited source, adding the userid/password for the network source. Exported, then removed the userid/password from the network source, and from the share.

It did not remove the userid/password from the passwords.xml, however and was still trying to use those credentials to log in.

I deleted the passwords.xml, it only had that one set in there, and it's working fine again.
Sweet. I was having the same problem, thanks to your suggestion now also my problem is fixed
OMG THANK YOU!

I have had this issue for ages and just figured it out through your post, thank you.

P.S. the passwords.xml file was in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi (then search for passwords.xml)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Hanging on Library Update Scan0