• 22(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
(2015-06-22, 14:42)afedchin Wrote: @tungmeister, Memphiz is right. The "quality" of shadertoy screensaver/visualization depends on float precision. In DX11 float precision depends on your hardware and drivers. I also want to say that nothing has changed in this regard.

Well I'm running a GTX 970 and I'm using the same drivers as I was with the previous build?
Well I don't know exactly why you faced with this. I haven't get this on my Intel HD4600 which is less powerfull than yours, but I have the same effect on my HD2000. Try to play with settings in NVidial Control Panel.
(2015-06-23, 20:23)afedchin Wrote: Well I don't know exactly why you faced with this. I haven't get this on my Intel HD4600 which is less powerfull than yours, but I have the same effect on my HD2000. Try to play with settings in NVidial Control Panel.

I'll have a play when I'm home and report back.
Just as info:

The DX11 build fixes video freezing with TV recordings and LiveTV TS when seeking and play/pause.

This issue was persisted in 14.2, 15b1 and 15b2

If background info is needed please tell me.
@afedchin
i added the dxva hd scaling = true and played some videos. The only options is could chose from were dxva/auto.
I haven't got any interlaced video to try out. The rest looked fine.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn,
Did you add setting to <video> section?

Edit:
as.xml should contains
Code:
<video>
  <dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
</video>
With this tests versions everything seems fine but no matter the skin i cannot control in pvr the channel numbers. Normally in argustv i set there the order and i choose in livetv section to follow the pvr backend numbering but its a no go. If i try with kodi channel manager to rearrange the channels i end up with all the channels with 0 number.
What i don't know is if this is a isenguard problem generic or this specific version here.
For the rest all seems fine and faster with a bit of pixelating in sd channels (nvidia 970 latest drivers)
There's no substitute for experience
(2015-06-25, 21:07)afedchin Wrote: @Martijn,
Did you add setting to <video> section?

Edit:
as.xml should contains
Code:
<video>
  <dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
</video>

still no DXVA-HD
http://www.xbmclogs.com/pgrzl31ut
Afaik, this advanced setting just enables the HQ PS scalers in DXVA rendering mode, ie. it controls whether the setting "Enable HQ scalers for scaling above ..%" has any effect at all when using the DXVA renderer.
The "DXVA-HD" renderer is DX9 technology, isn't it? So I guess you won't find it in a DX11 program :-)
Well @afedchin asked if i could test it so Smile
Guess I'm wrong then... Anyway, I can only see DXVA as well (Intel HD 4600 and Intel G45).
(2015-06-21, 23:13)afedchin Wrote: If you can provide a better solution, it's a good time. We all can test it before dx11 will be merged.

I've created a couple of patches that add an option "Always on top". This setting already existed as an advanced setting, but only worked (somewhat) in windowed mode. So I added support for full screen mode and made it a GUI option instead of an advanced setting (since it's actually useful now).

It works pretty well so far, but I can only test with Intel (HD4600 and G45).

You can find it here: https://github.com/Shine-/xbmc/tree/alwaysontop
(2015-06-26, 21:58)Martijn Wrote: Well @afedchin asked if i could test it so Smile
@Martijn, Shine is right. This enable PS HQ scalers with DXVA renderer. In DX11 no more DXVA and DXVA-HD, there is only d3d11 video processing which is called DXVA in Kodi (so as not to cause surprise Smile) As I saw in your log all works as expected, so I think we can enable HQ scalers by default.

@Shine I'll take a look. But always on top for full screen mode sounds strange. This mode is already top most.
Was there any 100% reliable way to replicate the problems with the HQ scalers, I've never used them but have 2 PC's with Nvidia I could test on.
@jjd-uk
IIRC the problems occurs on NVidia cards with dxva renderer and HQ scalers. But I can be wrong. here is thread with discussion http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...va+scalers
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6