• 26(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
@kricker,
You are right, I was wrong. I was looking in wrong place Smile
(2015-07-07, 16:49)afedchin Wrote: @braz, looks like something eats all memory. Does this occur only in dx11 version or 15.rc1 has same issue?
Finally had time to try the latest nightly, no crashes with it. Will keep using it until the next Directx 11 build. Thanks!
has anyone tested this dx11 build with an amd gpu/apu and got hardware va-deinterlacing to work? if yes, i want to know which windows version and which catalyst version was used.
It won't work ... AMD lacks proper driver support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i thought (as afedchin suggest) it could be that a new driver release (win10?) could solve the problem. there is a new amd catalyst 15.7 out with a lot of new features for win 8/10 (but i can not test this driver because apu is only supported >= kaveri, and i have richland).
New build Jule 11
  • A tiny optimization of PS rendering.
  • Rebased onto Isengard-RC2

Download link at the first post.
Always using the same file.

Tested with KodiSetup-20150711-8f7349f-Isengard, GPU-Z log file result here.
Display was fine.

Tested with KodiSetup-20150711-8d1dabe-dx11_Isengard, GPU-Z log file result here.
Display had issue, and disapparead after few seconds. I stopped the play, exit Kodi, restart Kodi, restart the play, and issue didn't disappeared this time.
(2015-06-28, 20:27)afedchin Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 21:58)Martijn Wrote: Well @afedchin asked if i could test it so Smile
@Martijn, Shine is right. This enable PS HQ scalers with DXVA renderer. In DX11 no more DXVA and DXVA-HD, there is only d3d11 video processing which is called DXVA in Kodi (so as not to cause surprise Smile) As I saw in your log all works as expected, so I think we can enable HQ scalers by default.

@Shine I'll take a look. But always on top for full screen mode sounds strange. This mode is already top most.

(2015-06-29, 09:18)Shine Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 20:27)afedchin Wrote: @Shine I'll take a look. But always on top for full screen mode sounds strange. This mode is already top most.
"Always on top" means it stays topmost, it won't minimize the instant you try to do anything else with your computer, or if e.g. another program pops up a message box.
Yes, people have been asking for this for years, but it wasn't possible in D3D9 - with DX11 it's possible.

@afedchin did you had time to see what @Shine says here? its very crucial for me also since in my dual monitor setup i get always panning in windowed mode and in full screen mode my browsing monitor becomes useless since if i touch anything in it kodi or isenguard minimises.

thx for your great work.
There's no substitute for experience
@jpsdr,
As I can see from the logs an issue occurs when GPU Core Clock and GPU Memory Clock are low ie I think what main reason of the issue is GPU power saving. I suggest to try to play with settings in NVIDIA Control Panel.

@bluechris,
I'll definitely take a look asap.
But why this issue occurs only with the DX11 version ?
And honestly, i've no idea with which settings mess-up on the nvidia control panel...

Now, my only hope is that when it will be public released, others will have the same issue. If it's the case, maybe what causing it will be identified, should it be an issue with the code or in the card settings.
@jpsdr,
There is an article at nVidia web-site http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...ement-mode
I don't know is this actual for current drivers but still try to set Power Managment Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.

Edit:
I don't know exactly why Power Managment causes the issue only for dx11.
Windows 8.1, ATI Mobile HD3650 with the latest Driver 8.970.100.0
Debug Logs
Crashlogs

ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting
Same as always ... AMD giving a shit in old HW and no drivers available anymore :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@nille02,
Please provide a screenshot of DxDiag window (press Win+R then enter dxdiag then press OK)
And here is probably a newer driver - though also stone old: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...7%20-%2064

Quote: Display Driver ver. 8.97.100.11
OpenCL™ Driver 10.0.937.2
Catalyst Control Center 2013.0429.2312.39747
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6